Heavy metal band guitarist arrested for role in Capitol riot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:26:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Heavy metal band guitarist arrested for role in Capitol riot
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heavy metal band guitarist arrested for role in Capitol riot  (Read 756 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2021, 08:53:42 PM »

https://www.wusa9.com/amp/article/news/national/capitol-riots/judge-orders-iced-earth-heavy-metal-columbus-indiana-guitarist-jon-schaffer-held-without-bond-on-capitol-riot-charges-bear-spray/65-fb2abf3b-c30b-4052-bd17-a988f7a90880

You would never see this happen with an emo musician!
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 05:58:23 AM »

Nazis and heavy metal
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 07:46:33 AM »

Hahaha that’s hilarious. Iced Earth sucks anyway.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 12:33:29 AM »

A lot of Iron Maiden stans recommended Iced Earth to me 15ish years ago, but I never got into their music. Probably a good thing, I see.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 05:44:52 PM »

who?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 08:05:14 PM »

He also became the first rioter to plead guilty: https://www.brooklynvegan.com/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-pleaded-guilty-to-2-us-capitol-riot-charges

Looking at a 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 year sentence according to the article on the plea guidelines...definitely the end of the band.

Also seems kind of stiff for a plea bargain. I would've assumed he was seeking just probation. Makes you wonder what'll happen to those that don't plead.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »

No emo guitarist would ever get arrested for something like this.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 12:09:15 AM »

His band has over half a million listeners on last.fm, for comparison Sunny Day Real Estate has just under 400k (391k), so they seem to be fairly big in the metal scene at least. Although this is no doubt the end of the band.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 12:23:05 AM »

His band has over half a million listeners on last.fm, for comparison Sunny Day Real Estate has just under 400k (391k), so they seem to be fairly big in the metal scene at least. Although this is no doubt the end of the band.

They're a decent third-tier power metal band. Not obscure, but few people are going to put them down as legends or anything.

Digital Dream Door has them as the #73 metal band of all time, with no entries in the top 100 metal songs or top 200 metal albums list.
https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_metal-art.html
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 12:28:16 AM »

They're a decent third-tier power metal band. Not obscure, but few people are going to put them down as legends or anything.

Digital Dream Door has them as the #73 metal band of all time, with no entries in the top 100 metal songs or top 200 metal albums list.

Ah well there actually is one power metal band I "like", an Italian one called Frozen Crown. Well in a sense as I do not like their music...but I found the singer's Instagram and I enjoy it immensely!

https://www.instagram.com/giadajadeetro
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 06:11:58 PM »

Emo musicians don’t do anything relevant in their spare times. Metal meanwhile continues to be the music shaking America to its core.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 11:27:57 PM »

Emo musicians don’t do anything relevant in their spare times.

....LMAO. Words can not describe how asinine and ignorant this comment is.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 11:54:29 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2021, 06:12:49 PM by YE »

Ah well there actually is one power metal band I "like", an Italian one called Frozen Crown. Well in a sense as I do not like their music...but I found the singer's Instagram and I enjoy it immensely!

Can I just say again how awesome her Instagram is?

https://i.ibb.co/mHhJ8qL/105943776-106283561067077-5946527863973730401-n.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/ZXRv3Vd/118308983-343478446899082-5498118538442002465-n.jpg
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 05:48:34 AM »

Can you please stick to posting maps or sh**tty memes like everyone else?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 11:35:08 AM »

Can you please stick to posting maps or sh**tty memes like everyone else?
Hot girls posts seem to always be appreciated here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 01:28:23 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 01:31:40 AM by Badger »

No. They're largely anonymous. Sunny Day Real Estate was a 90's also ran that has been defunct for a decade.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 01:32:57 AM »

"Frozen Crown", "Iced Earth", I can't help but feel there are some subtle implications going here.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 08:32:29 AM »

No. They're largely anonymous. Sunny Day Real Estate was a 90's also ran that has been defunct for a decade.

Actually, that's technically not true. They reunited to record a new song for a Record Store Day 2014 split with Circa Survive:

I still need to find a copy of this 7"...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 01:03:50 PM »

Actually, that's technically not true. They reunited to record a new song for a Record Store Day 2014 split with Circa Survive:

Okay, defunct for nearly a decade other than one new single that went nowhere. My point being that, even if you like them, the reality is they are a music industry also ran who haven't been relevant for well over a decade, thus the fact they have slightly fewer followers than Iced Earth proves little about the latter supposedly being anything more than an obscure third-tier band in the heavy metal scene.

Which of course all goes to be RTD fundamental point that music outside his extremely narrow Pace obsessing on one or two particular genres is justifiable because, music be damned, they have the same views on brexit and Trump as I do! Which of course is the way any intelligent thoughtful open-minded person should choose their listening preference on.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2021, 01:01:39 PM »

UPDATE: https://consequence.net/2021/07/iced-earth-jon-schaffer-feces-jail-us-capitol-riot

Haha. It's called karma bitch.

Okay, defunct for nearly a decade other than one new single that went nowhere. My point being that, even if you like them, the reality is they are a music industry also ran who haven't been relevant for well over a decade, thus the fact they have slightly fewer followers than Iced Earth proves little about the latter supposedly being anything more than an obscure third-tier band in the heavy metal scene.

Which of course all goes to be RTD fundamental point that music outside his extremely narrow Pace obsessing on one or two particular genres is justifiable because, music be damned, they have the same views on brexit and Trump as I do! Which of course is the way any intelligent thoughtful open-minded person should choose their listening preference on.

Dude when I saw Sunny Day Real Estate the show sold out and it was a pretty large venue. Go call them a "has been" at r/emo or any of the Facebook groups I post at. Go look at how they're talked about in publications like Pitchfork. Guess how many people have Diary-inspired tattoos? SDRE is easily one of the most influential emo bands of all time (top 5) and a vital staple of the genre. Acting like they're forgotten or whatever is absurd and acting like their inactivity is due to lack of interest  in them instead of internal drama is laughable.

FFS not only have I been complimented in my shirt of them multiple times one was from a guy working near the checkout at a Target in North Dakota who said they were his favorite band. Not exactly hipster haven or whatever.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2022, 06:25:20 PM »

I saw them twice last month.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2022, 06:38:21 PM »

I was expecting Dave Mustaine for a minute there.

But I've never heard of these guys before, and now am glad I haven't.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2022, 06:51:54 PM »

Like she's pretty cute I guess? Not someone I would personally go out of my way to hit on though
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2022, 07:01:41 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2022, 07:06:17 PM by The sun never felt so bright »

Like she's pretty cute I guess? Not someone I would personally go out of my way to hit on though
Her feet are definitely 10/10.

BTW check out the comments on her feet pics and how she responds.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2022, 12:41:06 AM »

Her feet are definitely 10/10.

BTW check out the comments on her feet pics and how she responds.

You went Full BRTD, man. You never go Full BRTD!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies