SENATE BILL: The 2021 Digital Privacy Act (At Final Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:21:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The 2021 Digital Privacy Act (At Final Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The 2021 Digital Privacy Act (At Final Vote)  (Read 694 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2021, 10:58:54 AM »
« edited: March 30, 2021, 01:15:22 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The 2021 Digital Privacy Act

Section 1.) Because I wanted you to know

A.) All companies, organisations or entities providing digital advertising services in Atlasia shall be obliged to provide consumers with the all of their relevant data and information that are held on said person.

B.) Individuals shall also request to know if their data has been provided, or sold to another entity.

C.) The Federal Trade Commission, in conjunction with the Attorney General, shall have the power to enforce this act and ensure its compliance.

Section 2- Don't Track Me

A.) All users and consumers shall have the right to sign up to a 'do not track' federal guarantee. Upon a consumer signing up for this guarantee no company, advertiser or entity shall be able to advertise any product towards them based on their previous internet use, browsing history, demographics or other similar information.  

B.) Companies that wish to condition products and services on the sale or sharing of consumer data must offer another, similar privacy-friendly version of their product.

C.) Individuals shall hereby be allowed to request that companies holding information on them shall not sell or provide this data to a third party, with the exception of providing information to law enforcement bodies.  

Section 3- Sue, Grabbit and Runne

A. Both the Federal Government and the regions of Altasia are hereby allowed to designate one “protection and advocacy” organization that can file civil suits against companies that violate privacy regulations.

Sponsor: Blair
Senate Designation: SB29:09?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 10:59:16 AM »

The sponsor has 24 hours to commence advocacy, and other members have 48 hours to respond.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 05:29:14 PM »

This is a bill that was triggered after reading a bit about the extend of ad tracking on social media (we all know that the moment you look at Levis on your ipad the facebook ad on your phone is bombarding you with ads) and then looking at some of the law changes proposed around this area.

This bill allows you to see what data is being collected on you & also to have the power to ask that your data isn't sold on or used to target adverts online at you- it's an opt out service so if there's an argument about people benefiting from this I'd point to the fact I'm not banning it with this bill, just imposing what I see as common sense consumer protections- the larger issue of digital data rights is basically in my view the wild-west due to the slowness in regulation across the world over the last 30 years.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 09:15:29 AM »

I support this bill.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 08:42:36 PM »

This is a bill that was triggered after reading a bit about the extend of ad tracking on social media (we all know that the moment you look at Levis on your ipad the facebook ad on your phone is bombarding you with ads) and then looking at some of the law changes proposed around this area.

This bill allows you to see what data is being collected on you & also to have the power to ask that your data isn't sold on or used to target adverts online at you- it's an opt out service so if there's an argument about people benefiting from this I'd point to the fact I'm not banning it with this bill, just imposing what I see as common sense consumer protections- the larger issue of digital data rights is basically in my view the wild-west due to the slowness in regulation across the world over the last 30 years.

I have been concerned about this as well. For me it is Youtube ads that will instantly reflect my searches on Ebay and that is just freaky.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 08:44:23 PM »

How will this bill operate in relation to previous transfers of data, that may or may not have been tracked? Is A an attempt to rectify that and if so, what penalties do you envision the FTC invoking in response to this?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 10:23:45 AM »

I contacted the sponsor about my question but aside from that I think we can probably proceed to a vote here soon if no one has any amendments.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 11:24:42 AM »

Apologies not sure how I missed this
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 03:39:25 PM »

How will this bill operate in relation to previous transfers of data, that may or may not have been tracked? Is A an attempt to rectify that and if so, what penalties do you envision the FTC invoking in response to this?

I’d be happy to not include the specifics of penalties.

I’m not actually sure on the second point re previous tracks... as it gets into the issue of retrospective legislation which is always more of a red flag. I saw it as an attempt to stop it happening in the future while allowing people to see what happened with their data in the past.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 07:19:04 PM »

Wil be looking to move to a final vote shortly unless people have any concerns/changes
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 10:40:17 AM »

Motion for a final vote.

Senators have 24 hours to object.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 04:51:50 PM »

A final vote is open.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 04:52:34 PM »

Aye
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 04:52:45 PM »

Ate
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 07:49:30 AM »

Aye
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 12:55:47 PM »

Aye.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 01:15:07 PM »

AYE
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »

Calling 24 hours, but if Pericles votes sooner, I will end it before that time lapses.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 01:48:02 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 02:25:25 PM »

Vote on Final Passage of the 2021 Digital Privacy Act:

Aye (6): Blair, Falterin, NC Yankee, Pericles, SevenEleven and Spark
Nay (0):
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (0):

This bill has passed and is sent to the VP for house action.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 02:28:53 PM »

Quote from: Final Senate Text
SENATE BILL
To protect privacy on the internet

Be it enacted in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,
The 2021 Digital Privacy Act

Section 1.) Because I wanted you to know

A.) All companies, organizations or entities providing digital advertising services in Atlasia shall be obliged to provide consumers with the all of their relevant data and information that are held on said person.

B.) Individuals shall also request to know if their data has been provided, or sold to another entity.

C.) The Federal Trade Commission, in conjunction with the Attorney General, shall have the power to enforce this act and ensure its compliance.

Section 2- Don't Track Me

A.) All users and consumers shall have the right to sign up to a 'do not track' federal guarantee. Upon a consumer signing up for this guarantee no company, advertiser or entity shall be able to advertise any product towards them based on their previous internet use, browsing history, demographics or other similar information.  

B.) Companies that wish to condition products and services on the sale or sharing of consumer data must offer another, similar privacy-friendly version of their product.

C.) Individuals shall hereby be allowed to request that companies holding information on them shall not sell or provide this data to a third party, with the exception of providing information to law enforcement bodies.  

Section 3- Sue, Grabbit and Runne

A. Both the Federal Government and the regions of Altasia are hereby allowed to designate one “protection and advocacy” organization that can file civil suits against companies that violate privacy regulations.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies