Office of DA Chair and Deputy Weatherboy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:19:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of DA Chair and Deputy Weatherboy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Office of DA Chair and Deputy Weatherboy  (Read 5419 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2023, 03:02:38 PM »

Weatherboy's new office in Pennsylvania released a new portrait made of the Senator.

Nice portrait!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2023, 03:07:20 PM »

Thanks! (irl, I Had it taken at the conference in Denver I went to recently.)
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2023, 10:03:47 PM »

Just over 5 years ago...
Quote from: weatherboy1102 on January 22, 2018

It wasn't my first registration, but it was the beginning of my real career in Atlasia. Since then I've been Representative, President, Senator, GMTeam member, and party Chair.

I still can't believe I'm here so long later, it feels like it's hardly been any time at all.

Here's to 5 more years.

-WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2023, 10:16:22 AM »

Concession

Well, I can't say I didn't expect this, I've won and then lost re-election plenty of times so this isn't really new.

I have been glad to serve the past few months in one of the most active sessions I've seen. Congrats to new Senators Lord and Nerd, and of course I have to say I'm glad to see fellow AFP member Pyro likely get elected. I know he'll definitely fill the gap I leave in the senate very well.

As for me, I will wait until the certification fully comes in before deciding, but I have a few ideas. We'll see how that goes.

And the DA, well, the DA clearly isn't in the best shape, and everyone in the party knows it. We've fallen a long way from our days of being able to elect 2 at-large senators. Luckily, our best minds are working towards ways to change that. We'll see how it goes, but if things go the way we hope, our movement will see a great resurgence.

Cheers all,
WB
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2023, 07:42:04 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss, you were a great senator and were a much needed voice in the senate. I'm sure though that the future is bright.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2023, 12:13:29 AM »

I've just introduced the "Places to Live, Not Places to Park Act" in the LGC. This bill would help alleviate the housing affordability issue by restricting the use of parking minimums, except for cases where developments are in locations where public transportation doesn't exist within a mile, and one of the following: parking within one mile being inaccessible via sidewalks or similar means, or parking not existing within one mile. This should hopefully ensure that developments care more about places for people to live, rather than places to park. By doing so, we increase the supply of housing and thus decrease the price via basic supply and demand rules.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2023, 11:36:39 PM »

Statement outside WB's Offices

My fellow Atlasians,

We face a crisis not unprecedented but still dire that threatens the very existence for our union. I unfortunately felt that this was coming, hence why I left my long time home to be here.

Let it be known, I will not back down. I will not let this nation die to one man's ego. We stopped Truman last year, and we'll stop YT this year.

I am continuing my campaign for president unless another candidate proves to me they are better equipped to save the union and more likely to succeed. I will not let the traitors get away with this.

To the good people of the south who I know do not unanimously follow YT's vision, do not fear! Liberation is imminent. Do what you can to help ensure that tyranny is destroyed as soon as possible!

Time is of the essence, my friends. Let us not waste any more.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2023, 10:06:05 PM »

In relation to the current vote on SB-117-03

I have begun to draft up a lawsuit in case this horribly authoritarian and overreaching bill passes.

I urge Spiral to veto it should it pass.

I will endorse a left-leaning challenger to Christian Man in December.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2024, 08:47:07 PM »

Noting the strong opposition I made to his nomination and realizing the effect that writing stories related to his ascension might have on public perception of the GM Team's neutrality, I have elected to not write or otherwise contribute to stories relating to international reactions to Sec. of State Laki's nomination or confirmation.

I am certain that Forumlurker and Cao will be able to write realistic and unbiased stories on this topic. Although I am confident I could do the same, considering my very public opposition to his nomination and confirmation, I believe it is in the best interest of the Game Engine's integrity and legitimacy to not make it seem as if I am bringing that bias into stories. I will only write stories relating to domestic issues or international elections unrelated to the nomination, at least for this next story cycle.

-WB
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies