UK By-elections thread, 2021- (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:08:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK By-elections thread, 2021- (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK By-elections thread, 2021-  (Read 179024 times)
cp
United Kingdom

« on: March 26, 2021, 10:49:16 AM »

And it shows Labour 3 points ahead.

For the record, they were 9 points ahead in December 2019, albeit with a divided opposition. Labour's overall percentage of the vote is about the same in this poll as it was in 2019.

To the extent any of this could be seen as indicative of what's on the ground, it's mostly bad news for Labour.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 03:01:30 AM »

Not sure how on earth that happened, Starmer needs to go further in ruthlessly eliminating Labour's negatives and now take the chance to promote some bold sounding policies that poll well. The problem is that Boris right now is pretty popular with the vaccine rollout, hopefully his popularity will fade over the next few years. It's a shame that there is no electoral penalty for the many errors in the Covid response but there's not much that can be done, Covid is in the past.

... took the words right out of my mouth.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 05:59:56 AM »

It would be nice it brainless and unfunny sh!tposting could be kept out of what has traditionally been a high-quality board.

Why do you hate fun? Tongue
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 06:40:19 AM »

Agreed that Galloway isn't likely to break 15%. A more interesting question is whether his vote total will end up being greater than whatever Labour loses by, should they lose.

cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 02:09:34 PM »

Before the results come in, I just want it known that my dyslexic brain has been calling this place 'Spatley and Benn' for the past 10 weeks.

Also, whatever way you say it it sounds like a 3rd rate comedy duo.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 12:22:50 AM »

Agreed that Galloway isn't likely to break 15%. A more interesting question is whether his vote total will end up being greater than whatever Labour loses by, should they lose.

Well, I was right to be cagey about a Labour loss, but definitely didn't see Galloway doing as well as he did. All in all I'm pleased with that result, though it's a pity this means the Starmer show is going to keep limping along for a while yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies