Goldman Sachs predicts U.S. economy will grow 8% this year
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:42:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Goldman Sachs predicts U.S. economy will grow 8% this year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Goldman Sachs predicts U.S. economy will grow 8% this year  (Read 3864 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »

https://www.axios.com/goldman-sachs-us-economy-grow-8-per-cent-2021-eb7e1d84-b6fa-483a-9e19-37a7faddadc0.html

"We have raised our GDP forecast to reflect the latest fiscal policy news and now expect 8% growth in 2021 (Q4/Q4) and an unemployment rate of 4% at end-2021 — the lowest among consensus forecasts—that falls to 3.5% in 2022 and 3.2% in 2023," Goldman said in the note.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 02:19:33 PM »

#BidenBoom
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 10:55:57 PM »

Well if true, it will certainly validate the opinion in Biden world of the need to go big quickly compared to 2009.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 01:57:27 AM »

That's the Biden economy, Jack.

No, but seriously though, this is probably gonna win the Democrats a 2002 of our own next year & then Biden a re-election victory. Feel free to mock this all you want for right now, but be sure to bookmark it & bump it on the morning of Nov. 6th, 2024. I'll be vindicated in full. If not, then I'll gladly change my avatar to whatever Atlas Talk Elections wills it to be for however long it wills it to be that.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 02:08:08 PM »

This is overly optimistic
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 09:53:33 PM »

It's GOLDMAN SACHS.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 12:35:19 PM »

You forgot the sunglasses Cool.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 01:45:44 PM »

Guess what else grew 8%.

...Biden's reelection chances, obviously.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 02:25:00 PM »

Guess what else grew 8%.

...Biden's reelection chances, obviously.

Hey, you're not Rafe! Biden innuendos lie purely within his domain.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 03:18:50 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2021, 03:23:50 PM by Teflon Joe. »

Bidenomics.

#morning inAmerica
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 11:26:43 AM »

Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 02:51:31 PM »

"Biden will raise taxes and ruin the economyyyy!!!1!!11!!!!!1!!!one!!1!"
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2021, 05:12:09 PM »

He has plenty of time to ruin the economy still, but I don't think it will be because of taxes.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2021, 10:02:42 PM »

Its called inflation
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 11:47:11 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2021, 11:52:25 AM by Laki »

Since when is Goldman Sachs a neutral institution with no interests of their own. When will the working class get back to pre-2019 levels, that is a much better question to ask ourselves. What are numbers worth if you don't experience them as yourself.

The only thing I do know is that life got more & more expensive. What I also do know is that I still have the same income as in 2014 arguably even less. Than things like: "the economy will grow with 8%" or "we are in the deepest recession since the Great Depression" are absolutely meaningless to me, and if no people do it will have no impact on the upcoming election results, perhaps only in a way that there will be envy towards other people and more unhappiness with how the growth is shared among the population. Despite the recession and the worst pandemic in a century, Trump almost got re-elected.

It's just a number, it doesn't change OR impact my life meaningfully.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 12:39:27 PM »

Since when is Goldman Sachs a neutral institution with no interests of their own. When will the working class get back to pre-2019 levels, that is a much better question to ask ourselves. What are numbers worth if you don't experience them as yourself.

The only thing I do know is that life got more & more expensive. What I also do know is that I still have the same income as in 2014 arguably even less. Than things like: "the economy will grow with 8%" or "we are in the deepest recession since the Great Depression" are absolutely meaningless to me, and if no people do it will have no impact on the upcoming election results, perhaps only in a way that there will be envy towards other people and more unhappiness with how the growth is shared among the population. Despite the recession and the worst pandemic in a century, Trump almost got re-elected.

The US is doing much better economically than Europe right now
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 01:22:48 PM »

The US is doing much better economically than Europe right now

Yes i can believe that for sure, since our covid measures totally don't make much sense, and are quite restrictive where it doesn't have to be (like a curfew? like why should people not be allowed to make a night walk, there are less people outside at night than during day -> i feel like covid has been used to introduce very authoritarian measures for no reason, and all people just take it and it annoys me).

All of these measures probably yes hurt the economy, except for that people are required to continue to work, so that the economy wouldn't hurt. I have the sense that in the USA the measures aren't that restrictive (although depending from state to state).
The Smiling Face On Your TV
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 09:12:00 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2021, 10:08:53 PM by 215 till I die »

No, but seriously though, this is probably gonna win the Democrats a 2002 of our own next year & then Biden a re-election victory. Feel free to mock this all you want for right now, but be sure to bookmark it & bump it on the morning of Nov. 6th, 2024. I'll be vindicated in full. If not, then I'll gladly change my avatar to whatever Atlas Talk Elections wills it to be for however long it wills it to be that.
A bull market would assure Joey's re-election chances however you don't think the GOP base isn't gonna be much more riled up for the midterms than the Ds were in 02? W's rally-around-the-flag effort post-9/11 didn't really wear off until Iraq started going sour, our nation's far too polarized for that now.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2021, 10:31:44 PM »

A bull market would assure Joey's re-election chances however you don't think the GOP base isn't gonna be much more riled up for the midterms than the Ds were in 02? W's rally-around-the-flag effort post-9/11 didn't really wear off until Iraq started going sour, our nation's far too polarized for that now.

Eh, not really, or at least not as of yet anyway, what with Biden's approval still remaining comfortably above 50%, with 75% of the Republican rank-&-file having just supported the ARP, & now with a similar proportion thereof expected to do the same for the infrastructure package (so, y'know, the congressional Republican strategy of full-on obstructionism just appears to be working absolute wonders for them in terms of ingratiating themselves with the voters who they're gonna need in order to maintain their - & gain more - wins). At the very least, a motivated Republican base won't be as big an issue for the Democrats in 2022 as it was for us in 2010 & 2014, given that at least some of that can now be canceled out by the Democrats' having converted an obviously not-insignificant amount of suburban former-swing voters into Democratic-leaning voters who are motivated enough to actually turn-out in midterm elections.
The Smiling Face On Your TV
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2021, 11:05:05 PM »

Eh, not really, or at least not as of yet anyway, what with Biden's approval still remaining comfortably above 50%, with 75% of the Republican rank-&-file having just supported the ARP, & now with a similar proportion thereof expected to do the same for the infrastructure package (so, y'know, the congressional Republican strategy of full-on obstructionism just appears to be working absolute wonders for them in terms of ingratiating themselves with the voters who they're gonna need in order to maintain their - & gain more - wins). At the very least, a motivated Republican base won't be as big an issue for the Democrats in 2022 as it was for us in 2010 & 2014, given that at least some of that can now be canceled out by the Democrats' having converted an obviously not-insignificant amount of suburban former-swing voters into Democratic-leaning voters who are motivated enough to actually turn-out in midterm elections.

Oh the Dems will win the NPV in ‘22 however the problem is that needs to at least be a 52-47 win for them to make substantial gains. Rs always come home. I’m glad you’rs pointing out that the Ds gains with suburban voters under 50  gives them a better chance than conventional wisdom would imply. The conservative suburbanites who still subscribe to dog-whistle politics are being supplanted by the younger social liberals who came up under the failures of W and went hard for Dems in 06/08. The college student with a Hope and Change poster on the wall is now married with 2 kids. There’s a reason Biden’s approval rating is ~60-63% with self-described moderates, that’s exactly what Ds need to get to 50+1%

Yet it’s still hard to count out the GOP’s ability to pump the base with their usual tactics. The question for 2022 is whether full employment and rising wages will be enough will be enough to both keep D turnout high and keep the White independents which were crucial in 2018/2020 in their column.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 11:58:00 PM »

LOLOLOLOL
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 08:47:53 PM »

Good to hear, maybe we can finally compete with China
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »

This didn't age very well
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2021, 10:00:24 AM »

Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2021, 02:56:37 PM »

The 4% unemployment rate forecast doesn't seem far off from where we're actually headed.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies