The Citizen's Dispatch - the official publication of the Game Engine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:52:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Citizen's Dispatch - the official publication of the Game Engine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The Citizen's Dispatch - the official publication of the Game Engine  (Read 7214 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2021, 12:27:45 AM »

The Citizen’s Dispatch
Volume VII: NPC elections issue

Aloha means good-bye too
Labor Senators formally leave party, ask supporters to abstain this election, introduce independence resolution

HONOLULU - Dramatic scenes have unfolded at the State Capitol these past few days as the Liliuokalani Group - the pro-independence group of Labor Senators who, upon leaving the Party, have formally broken Gov. Abercrombie's trifecta - has staged a dramatic show of support for their policies and demands, introducing a resolution to declare independence from Atlasia, condemning President Sestak, Pres-elect SevenEleven and Attorney General and First Minister Truman as "settler colonialists" and telling their supporters that "a vote for Labor is a vote against Hawaii and for the Denver-Nyman project that threatens the people's interests".

These events will be reflected in soon-to be published polling by the Citizen's Dispatch, and while Gov. Abercrombie's popularity is not significantly affected, her party's hold on power has gotten considerably shakier. No comments have been made by the Governor or any leader of the other parties.

State Senator Laura Baker, the 28-year old leader of the Liliuokalani group, commented "we are not here to attain power for ourselves. We are here to free Hawaii from the colonialist yoke it has been under for centuries, first under the United States and then under Atlasia. Soon, we'll have the chance to vote on a new future for our islands. But supporting these illegitimate elections is not the way to go, which is why we need you to abstain."

Analysts shocked on finding the state exists
Delaware leads social and economic indicators

DOVER - Not a single economics report published in the last month has shown Delaware anywhere below second place. Gov. Rutherford's administration (the last Peace-led gvovernment in Atlasia) has apparently played its cards exactly right, as the Governor touts her policies and her approval soars. Her cooperation with Gov. LouisvilleThunder's Southern government has been stellar, even as she is a vocal supporter of Labor government in Nyman.

Indeed, she recently became somewhat of a celebrity on social media after her speech denouncing her regional Governor's claims of election fraud went viral. She staked out a fiery pro-democracy position, defending Sen. Sev's victory in the election and pledging to work with both him and the losing nominee to build a better Delaware. Her legislature has considered many bills that have improved the quality of life and many indicators in her state. It's a good time for Delaware. Indeed, in an alternate reality, perhaps the President is from there.

The good, the bad, and the ugly
Three bizarre tapes leave questions on major party nominees in three states

Three  weird tapes have been released recently.

In Louisiana, one apparently shows the Governor having dinner with some party donors and mentioning "you know, it's actually delicious, it is. If I could eat Louisiana, I would eat it, boot and everything. I'd just swallow it whole." No major effects have been reported on the Governor's unpopularity, as he still trails in approval by a significant margin.

In Chicago, one has three shadowy figures speaking: one very quiet, whom our experts have determined to be an African-Atlasian man in his early 50s, mentions how religion has helped the current Federalist administration advocate for equality and justice. Another one, a Latina woman in her early 30s, spoke about economics, and her wish for a more just Chicago through achieving economic balance and justice for the city's poorest and more well-off. The third one, whom none of our experts could accurately identify with demographic analysis, but is best described as "robotic", spoke about the future of the city, and how the figure of the Mayor served an antiquated past that centralized power in "incompetent fools". All three voices are believed to be Mayor Hernández, popularly known as H. Somehow, everyone has found something to like in the tape, and the Administration's popularity has increased.

In Maine, Liberal Governor Pierre Barrett gave a series of odd statements during recent town halls, massacring state and regional history (claiming Maine singlehandedly ended World War One, and attacking former Governors Peanut and ReaganClinton because they are from "too far South"), insulting voters ("if you're worse off now than you were last time, just vote for the other guy, fat", "one look at you and I'd say you were a sea cockroach"), and just bizarre comments ("the lobster is the mouthpiece of the heart", "Jupiter is really the Maine of Europe"). A video collecting his strangest ones has gone viral online. However, his Liberal administration's score (the metric that matters under Maine's score voting system) is still very high, albeit having taken a slight hit over the flurry of questions. His office has not commented.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2021, 03:59:46 PM »

Hey GM Peanut, can you say who was in power in Florida in the years 1981 and 1992?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2021, 04:02:00 PM »

Hey GM Peanut, can you say who was in power in Florida in the years 1981 and 1992?
The IRL government, as all things before 2016 is real.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2021, 12:42:59 PM »

Does Iran have nuclear weapons, and if not, how close are they to getting them?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2021, 01:44:17 AM »

Mr. GM, the Senate needs your input on the Global Corporate Taxation Act (namely, what the global taxation landscape is expected to be in 2023).

Thanks!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2021, 12:37:28 AM »

Both requests seen! Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2021, 04:37:21 PM »

Mr. GM, we were able to pass the GCTA and the refugee bill without needing your input, but seeing as the Israeli elections were yesterday, results would be appreciated ASAP. That will determine how the NSC moves and how the Senate moves toward peace talks.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2021, 11:55:21 AM »

How do you recall Governors, given that this Act has passed?
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:39 PM »

Alright! Sorry for the hiatus, I'll tackle everything this weekend!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2021, 08:01:04 PM »

Sorry for the delay, writing out stories rn!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2021, 10:15:48 PM »

"1. Individual States may choose to establish a recall elections system for their mayors, governor, legislature, or judges."

If we're talking about the NPC governor of (insert state), they can be recalled. As they do not represent the entire region or a subregion as defined by the Constitution, they are not protected by Section 2.

The method of voting is for the GM to decide.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2021, 10:14:34 PM »

Yeah, Wulfric would be right. There's actually something about that coming up for the NPCs this season...
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2021, 10:43:43 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2021, 11:44:37 PM »

UFOs

They're going to run you out of the GM's office just like they did me!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2021, 12:13:40 AM »

The Citizen’s Dispatch
Volume VIII Part 1

China poised for war as world awaits Atlasian reaction

A blockade has been established around Taiwan as Chinese ships have taken control of the waters around the island free from Atlasian influence, and military analysts are considering a land invasion "likely" within the next few weeks. However, many say that gauging initial reactions from the Atlasian administration is key before China decides whether to engage in a war that, while winnable, would pose a greater threat to the nation than anything since the War four years ago.

Power in Taipei has been going on and off, but other cyberattacks have mostly stopped occurring. Before determining what will happen, it is necessary to evaluate the actions and responses from Atlasian authorities, within the next two weeks.

"The dragon will fly before October", a statement by a Chinese official on Twitter read. "And many will flee from the fire, and the sun will rise in the East". The Tweet was accompanied by a video reportedly showing a military exercise in a replica of a Taiwanese port.

The Taiwanese government has prepared its defenses, but many countries are looking to Atlasia for confirmation of its commitment to defend the island. If that is given, a war is likely. If not, the prognosis for the Republic of China is grim.

Israeli elections returns Gantz government with an expanded majority, as Canada, Germany, and Paflagonia prepare to elect leaders[/font]

Israel has once again painted itself Blue and White, as Prime Minister Benny Gantz's governing coalition is returned to government with a clear majority of seats in the Knesset. Many analysts are also stunned at the Likud collapse and Labor resurgence: analysts have concluded that Gantz's fierce nationalist rhetoric helped fuel his party and coalition's rise, and fed Likud's collapse of their power base as they lose their decade-long leader Netanyahu.

Meanwhile, in Paflagonia, as reports of General von Kummerspeck's death were confirmed two weeks ago, the election is to be held on the 20th of this month. Polls show a very tight race between the three candidates: short descriptions on each can be found on Issue VI of the Citizen's Dispatch, but most polls have Gen. Narriman slightly ahead of Ms. Bauer and Mr. Schmidt in what is essentially a tight three-way race. International observers have deemed the electoral process as a peaceful and orderly one, but E-Day is still a week and a half away.

Canada and Germany also have quite interesting elections, as most analysts would agree they both seem poised to oust their governing parties (the Liberals and the CDU, respectively). Canada's Tories are leading by around 5% in most polls, fueled by the collapse of the People's Party and a Liberal campaign filled with missteps. In Germany, CDU leader Laschet has proven to be disappointing, as the SPD surges above the Christian Democrats in most polls.

This is the first part of the four-part VIII volume of the Citizen's Dispatch. The second part will deal with protests and NPCs, the third with UFOs and covid, the fourth with treason and the request backlog.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2021, 01:05:44 PM »

Right, so this has been a long time coming, and I feel sad having to do it with so many ideas left, but I cannot in good conscience stretch it out any longer.

I will tender my resignation as Game Moderator of Atlasia, effective immediately. This game has given me friends I greatly appreciate, and I'd like to think we had fun during my tenure as GM when I was more active. I really cannot balance real life with the game any longer in a way that's responsible and respectful to all the wonderful players here. This is probably not my final position in the game, and I will probably be back at some point.

I extend my sincerest thanks to every player who builds this game, and will work as the Administration and my successor wish to ensure a positive transition to a better, fuller Game Engine that I envisioned, but can no longer bring about myself.

Thank you, and until we meet again!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2021, 01:53:13 PM »

Right, so this has been a long time coming, and I feel sad having to do it with so many ideas left, but I cannot in good conscience stretch it out any longer.

I will tender my resignation as Game Moderator of Atlasia, effective immediately. This game has given me friends I greatly appreciate, and I'd like to think we had fun during my tenure as GM when I was more active. I really cannot balance real life with the game any longer in a way that's responsible and respectful to all the wonderful players here. This is probably not my final position in the game, and I will probably be back at some point.

I extend my sincerest thanks to every player who builds this game, and will work as the Administration and my successor wish to ensure a positive transition to a better, fuller Game Engine that I envisioned, but can no longer bring about myself.

Thank you, and until we meet again!

Thank you Peanut for your service. As someone who left an office under similar circumstances and is now serving in that same office again, I just wanted to say that there will always be a place in this game for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies