Tim Ryan Blasts GOP for Opposing Union Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:58:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tim Ryan Blasts GOP for Opposing Union Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tim Ryan Blasts GOP for Opposing Union Bill  (Read 2265 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 10, 2021, 01:07:48 AM »

God Bless Tim Ryan.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 06:20:36 PM »

Of course, the Woke and Intersectionalist garbage is to avoid the issues of income inequality.  Without formally announcing it, the Democrats have become the party of Big Business.
The first sentence is wrong and anybody who has heard the Squad or Bernie give  a speech knows this.

The second sentence is true, but that has to do with the "less woke", more centrist, more establishment wing of the party and not the progressive wing. Of course, they'll always be #2 to the Republicans for getting into bed with big business.

The Squad are not the controlling faction of today's Democratic Party.  While I loathe them on a number of levels, they are not corporate shills, and there's a place for that.

There is, I agree, no party in America that is the kind of pro-labor party Ryan's speech typifies.  If there were, the Keystone XL pipeline would not have been stopped by Biden.

Nah, the Pipeline never would've been proposed or taken up in such a case. Pollution isn't pro-labor.
Creating jobs in the extraction industry is pro-labor. Having them being unionized is even more pro-labor of course.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 09:08:44 PM »

The Squad are not the controlling faction of today's Democratic Party.  While I loathe them on a number of levels, they are not corporate shills, and there's a place for that.

There is, I agree, no party in America that is the kind of pro-labor party Ryan's speech typifies.  If there were, the Keystone XL pipeline would not have been stopped by Biden.

Nah, the Pipeline never would've been proposed or taken up in such a case. Pollution isn't pro-labor.
Creating jobs in the extraction industry is pro-labor. Having them being unionized is even more pro-labor of course.
Handouts to non-union employers are by definition not "pro-labor."
It's only non-pro-labor if it comes at the expense of unionized workers. Some jobs is pro-labor compared to no jobs, and some unionized jobs is pro-labor compared to generic some jobs.
What matters above all is that the working class is earning a livelihood and has the infastructure to improve their bargaining power.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 10:32:34 PM »

What is likely happening is that you say pro-labor and my mind is meshing pro-worker and pro-labor into one.
Not sure why I jumped in. Usually I'm better when it comes to the topic of precise terminology.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies