SB 29-06: Olawakandi Day Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:59:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 29-06: Olawakandi Day Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 29-06: Olawakandi Day Act (Passed)  (Read 1101 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: March 10, 2021, 07:17:04 PM »

I just discovered ishans link to 2009 while reading through the house debate. Franzl for the win.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 01:42:15 AM »

I support this, and I second Purple State's motion.

Eh, it seems that by the time we get a vote on the motion it will be three days and we can bring this to a final vote anyway. Was worth giving a try.

I took a look the other day and I don't think there is even a process for this. If I'm wrong please point me to it. But since I don't think it's allowed (might be another resolution for us to pass) I'm just going to wait for the 3 days to be up.

It is "allowed" insofar as we may determine our own rules and the suspension thereof.

I may propose an amendment to the OSPR to allow this, although allowing one to suspend the rules is pretty comical. Wink

Not really. If it were up to me I would just add a provision whereby a Senator can ask Unanimous consent to suspend the rules and proceed to a final vote. If there is no objection within say 24 hrs, the final vote would be called. If there is an objection a vote would be held on the suspension requiring a 3/4's majority. Prior to that vote a Senator could decided based on the time remaining whether to pursue it, or withdraw it and let the clock run out.

It was early 2011 when we finally instituted something like this IIRC.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 01:44:26 AM »

As to the bill itself, I would reiterate the concerns expressed by Poirot regarding our ability to legislate in this many for the entirety of "talk Elections". In the past this would be less problematic but the growth of non-players over time and the development of the game as being more structured and with a greater identity has necessarily meant that it is no longer in a position to represent, lead or speak for the forum at-large.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 11:20:43 AM »

Senators have 24 hours to object. Tongue

Benefit of having Deputy PoC as a Senator and running Senate VP slots is they can motion for stuff themselves. However that benefit is lost when they don't go ahead as presiding officer and start the objection time. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 09:03:43 PM »

I have contacted Falterin about this needed vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 09:12:07 PM »

Don't forget to change the topic line (activity) from "Debating" to "Voting" or "At Final Vote".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 09:12:40 PM »

Abstain
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 10:43:52 AM »

Secularists think Ds will get 52 seats and pass statehood PR DC when there be no pandemic vaccines and people will be buying sports memorabilia.

The thing that irks me the most about OC, is his "secularists vs dixiecrat" dynamic and more to the point his attempts to apply such backwards decades before the Democrats, much less "Dixiecrats" existed as a  Whenever you try to revise history along a single paradigm you run into immense problems, and this is no exception.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 11:13:20 AM »

Secularists think Ds will get 52 seats and pass statehood PR DC when there be no pandemic vaccines and people will be buying sports memorabilia.

The thing that irks me the most about OC, is his "secularists vs dixiecrat" dynamic and more to the point his attempts to apply such backwards decades before the Democrats, much less "Dixiecrats" existed as a  Whenever you try to revise history along a single paradigm you run into immense problems, and this is no exception.

Just enjoy it because it’s so incredibly random.

Its difficult to just shut my brain off when it comes to historical considerations. Then that doesn't even get into the whole JFK-Hoover-USSR thing, which is a rather novel take from previous things I have run into but I don't think it holds water like most all of JFK conspiracy theories.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies