Celebrate the 9-9 Senate - Down from 11-7 Labor! - Labor Losing Ground with Voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Celebrate the 9-9 Senate - Down from 11-7 Labor! - Labor Losing Ground with Voters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Celebrate the 9-9 Senate - Down from 11-7 Labor! - Labor Losing Ground with Voters  (Read 5132 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2021, 02:21:48 AM »

For the record, what did CentristRepublican say that was transphobic?  We know how leftists are these days with throwing around baseless accusations.  Let's get the facts first.

Because while you can't control who you fall in love with, you have one gender, the one given to you at birth, and any claims that you are actually from the other gender, or are "trapped" in the body of a male when you are female (or vice-versa), are completely false (and should be cause for concern), and you shouldn't be allowed to surgically change your gender. There's a clear line - you are born one gender, and you shouldn't try to change that gender; it should not at all be condoned by the government under any circumstances.
Weatherboy, you're not going to cancel your way to re-appointing yourself to the Senate. CentristRepublican won't let himself be your chew toy like Wulfric was.* You need to respect the results of the election. The people had their democratic say, and you lost.

*That sounds funny considering you're a furry, lol.

That’s not what I’m trying to do, lol. I’ve pretty well implied that if he doesn’t say that he’s changed that I’d move to expel him from the party, which would completely cut off my path to the senate through those means. You seem to overestimate how much I care about a seat. I care about people like UNL having to deal with this stuff saying that something has to be wrong with them if they feel uncomfortable in their own body.

Assuming he doesn't see this mess and say f this Im out before you reach that point.

Let me make it clear since y’all seemed to ignore it the first time: I do NOT CARE WHO HE CAUCUSES WITH. I care about whether he still thinks trans people are mentally ill. Anyone is welcome in the party as long as they aren’t bigoted. That’s why we gave wulfric the boot after those comments arose.

CR registered as a DA member only a week after making the quoted comments; those have been a matter of public record for his entire time as a party member. It's one thing to kick out Wulfric immediately after his comments arose, but doing so in a public and seemingly unannounced manner right as a new player is beginning to run for office, et cetera, instead of the four or so months prior when he wasn't (in which there would have been time to actually hash this out without throwing a party member under the bus), is the part of the approach Yankee has been taking objection to.

It wasn't as if this was buried in some Discord channel either – how much more public does it get than the original post on a Political Debate thread?

I'll be real with you that I had no idea about these comments until more recently, in part because I never really go on that board. If I had known, I would have raised objections to him much sooner, even before his run with Spark.

At this point the issue is moot. UNL herself came to me saying expulsion isn't a good idea, so I won't be pursuing it. I congratulate CR on his victory and hope not only that he has changed but that he does great things in the Senate.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2021, 02:25:28 AM »

As someone who is not comfortable with all of CentristRepublican's views and has no stake in this fight at all, I'll just note he's young and naive, however these comments are still disturbing, and he should apologize. Anyways, I do genuinely hope he takes his seat, moderate conservatism is on the decline in Atlasia, emboldened by the rise of the far right as I demonstrated elsewhere, and it is reassuring to see a conservative who only cares about taxes and couldn't care less about stupidity like legalizing assault weapons, banning mask mandates, or whatever else the ""normie"" right is up to these days.

The problem with your approach is that is leaves 80% of the right without representation. I am fine with having moderates on the slate and such is necessary but so are conservatives, pro lifers, libertarians and populists.

Well to begin with, "populism" is not an ideology, parties like VOX and the Swedish Democrats, which identify as right-wing populists are in actuality: ultranationalist and national conservatives. As for conservatives itself, that is such a broad tent, what do you mean?: liberal conservatives? progressive conservatives? paternalistic conservatives? traditionalist conservatives? etc., "pro-lifers" is not a distinct category in-and-of itself, it is merely a descriptor. "Libertarianism" is really the only one of these labels that truly fills a niche and is descriptive enough to justify its own spot. Given the broadness of the conservative movement, you'd need 5 or 6 seats to truly satisfy those conditions.

Oh for the love of crap, spare me this pedantic bs. You know exactly what I mean by populism in this context. Also if said grouping has no support, guess which grouping won't be present in the At-large class, class? Tongue

well you can still agree not to work with them, which brings me to:

As someone who is not comfortable with all of CentristRepublican's views and has no stake in this fight at all, I'll just note he's young and naive, however these comments are still disturbing, and he should apologize. Anyways, I do genuinely hope he takes his seat, moderate conservatism is on the decline in Atlasia, emboldened by the rise of the far right as I demonstrated elsewhere, and it is reassuring to see a conservative who only cares about taxes and couldn't care less about stupidity like legalizing assault weapons, banning mask mandates, or whatever else the ""normie"" right is up to these days.

The problem with your approach is that is leaves 80% of the right without representation. I am fine with having moderates on the slate and such is necessary but so are conservatives, pro lifers, libertarians and populists.
That's the point.

Ah yes, the old "us and the 'approved opposition" card. And you wonder why i said you were destroying the game on lokcord. Roll Eyes

Also that is not how at-large works. You cannot just suppress or shut down a group of people who have the numbers. They will form their own party and run someone or just run as indies and win on the basis of the numbers.

If 11% of the population are Trumpists, guess how many Trumpists will be in At-Large class, class? Tongue

And this is why you would establish some form of cordon sanitaire. No cooperation with the far right, they may get elected, but if you make it clear that you won't work with them, then you can indeed reassert your control over the right. People don't like voting for what amounts to little more than a testimonial party.

Its game S019, everything about it is testimonial. Sometimes I think you guys forget that in your rush to incinerate everyone whose views don't match your own.

I don't have a desire to incinerate, I just seek to marginalize extremism.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2021, 03:04:51 AM »

That's the point.

Ah yes, the old "us and the 'approved opposition" card. And you wonder why i said you were destroying the game on lokcord. Roll Eyes

Also that is not how at-large works. You cannot just suppress or shut down a group of people who have the numbers. They will form their own party and run someone or just run as indies and win on the basis of the numbers.

If 11% of the population are Trumpists, guess how many Trumpists will be in At-Large class, class? Tongue

Presumably what OBD wants is some sort of cordon sanitaire, where the fascists do not get any support from anyone and are isolated. Not like it is realistic or arguably even desirable tbh
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2021, 03:56:02 AM »

That's the point.

Presumably what OBD wants is some sort of cordon sanitaire, where the fascists do not get any support from anyone and are isolated. Not like it is realistic or arguably even desirable tbh

I'd argue a cordon sanitaire with the far right is just what the game needs.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2021, 05:05:26 AM »

You cannot just suppress or shut down a group of people who have the numbers. They will form their own party and run someone or just run as indies and win on the basis of the numbers.

*giggles in ACP*
 Devil
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2021, 07:06:29 AM »

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

That's the point.

Given how there are only a cordon sanitaire in Germany now for obvious reasons and because the AfD is drifting to fascism, I doubt it would work.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2021, 07:05:34 PM »

This reminds me of a year and some months ago when the Greens foolishly plotted as if this was Belgium. They were wrong. Roll Eyes
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2021, 11:33:20 PM »

You cannot just suppress or shut down a group of people who have the numbers. They will form their own party and run someone or just run as indies and win on the basis of the numbers.

*giggles in ACP*
 Devil

Alucard Grins in Federalist Longevity.  Evil
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2021, 03:50:37 AM »

VERY SAD that the post-Trump era has rotted even Yankee's brain so much that he's now an avid, unhinged Trump-supporter hurling curse words at everyone in sight! We should have nuked him as soon as he upgraded from Pentium 4 & Windows Vista!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2021, 03:57:58 AM »

VERY SAD that the post-Trump era has rotted even Yankee's brain so much that he's now an avid, unhinged Trump-supporter hurling curse words at everyone in sight! We should have nuked him as soon as he upgraded from Pentium 4 & Windows Vista!

I was hurling curse words at Marokai Blue and Hamilton before Trump was even whining about birth certificates.

And you can kiss my AMD Ryzen's...  Never had Vista on any of my computers, nor any Pentiums except my 1990s rigs.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2021, 04:01:47 AM »

I was hurling curse words at Marokai Blue and Hamilton before Trump was even whining about birth certificates.

And you can kiss my AMD Ryzen's...  Never had Vista on any of my computers, nor any Pentiums except my 1990s rigs.

Even worse!

I still remember the Old Yankee when he couldn't keep up with IRC chat because the lines of text were coming in too fast. Cry This is why we can't let Boomers gain access to the internet: Bill Gates is injecting them with 5G lasers and turning them into #Populists!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2021, 04:07:28 AM »

Even worse!

I still remember the Old Yankee when he couldn't keep up with IRC chat because the lines of text were coming in too fast. Cry This is why we can't let Boomers gain access to the internet: Bill Gates is injecting them with 5G lasers and turning them into #Populists!

1. You are older than I am
2. I see the Labor discord has come up with another bs talking point.
3. I am not a populist in terms of ideology or political structure, just occasionally in terms of rhetoric and in some matters of economic policy, not of which is new.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2021, 04:10:54 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2021, 04:48:54 AM by YE »

And you can kiss my AMD Ryzen's...  Never had Vista on any of my computers, nor any Pentiums except my 1990s rigs.

Even worse!

You know, at one point, I actually considered sending you a better working computer I had laying around, being the ancient I was, but then you disappeared from the game!

Wrong: I only informed the Labor Discord of this after I posted!

3. I am not a populist in terms of ideology or political structure,

Good Lord!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2021, 04:16:42 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2021, 04:28:17 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

And you can kiss my AMD Ryzen's...  Never had Vista on any of my computers, nor any Pentiums except my 1990s rigs.

Even worse!

You know, at one point, I actually considered sending you a better working computer I had laying around, being the ancient I was, but then you disappeared from the game!

Good Lord!

This is pathetic even for you.

And yes, I have my doubts that you just strolled out here. You are running interference while General Burnside regroups.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2021, 04:28:11 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2021, 04:52:49 AM by YE »

Even worse!

3. I am not a populist in terms of ideology or political structure,

Good Lord!

This is pathetic even for you.

And yes, I have my doubts that you just strolled out here.

And yet here you are! Do you honestly think anybody runs my s[trolling] who's better at it than I, especially since, you know, I've been chiming in off and on for 4 pages now?

You are running interference while General Burnside regroups.

Anti-Semitic and anti-Southron? Can't believe you were ever a Southron Senator! Might as well just elect Mack Mattingly (R-IN) again!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2021, 04:31:49 AM »

Adam I have already had to defer one report upstairs, for the love of heaven's back off this anti-Semitic bs, you know damn well I am not, nor have I ever been anti-Jewish and I must insist you stop.  

There was no call to take memes about computers and party continuity to this level.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2021, 05:38:53 AM »

Adam I have already had to defer one report upstairs, for the love of heaven's back off this anti-Semitic bs, you know damn well I am not, nor have I ever been anti-Jewish and I must insist you stop.  

There was no call to take memes about computers and party continuity to this level.

"had to defer one report upstairs" = you or LT reporting it; I don't think this should really should be admissible under any circumstances given the likelihood of either personal bias and/or the track record of behavior of the other.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2021, 12:50:31 PM »

"had to defer one report upstairs" = you or LT reporting it; I don't think this should really should be admissible under any circumstances given the likelihood of either personal bias and/or the track record of behavior of the other.

"kicked it upstairs" - PMed it to YE and Virginia. If you are saying that YE or Virginia are going to be biased against you, then I don't know what to tell you.

« Edited: Today at 04:48:54 AM by YE »

The matter of who reports a posts doesn't change the substance of the report and policy regarding the content contained therein.

Lets say in an extreme example you posted porn and LT reported it. The fact that LT reports it doesn't change the policy regarding posting porn and the likely Moderation/Administration Response to it (deletion and ban).

Of course we all know your sentiments regarding almost any kind of moderation efforts so no response here is going to satisfy you.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »

Just to clarify - I am my own man, whether I campaign with the DA or Federalists. Secondly, I've explained that I'm very loosely identified with the DA and didn't think to work with them; as Yankee said, he PM'd me and advised me to seek an endorsement, which I did and received. Since then, the party has been helpful and kind to me. I've made it abundantly clear I will not bow to the will of either the DA or the Federalists, and the latter has accepted that and helped me anyway. I cannot say the same for the DA, whose chairman has hounded me for my perceived 'transphobic remarks', which, as previously mentioned, were written before I even registered with the party and which are hardly new. I won't apologize for the comments, but I will say my view on this issue has moderated quite a bit since, and some of my rhetoric may have gone too far. But nonetheless. And I've read that some on Discords are hoping I forget to attend inauguration. I will be attending inauguration; sorry to dissapoint. Last note - having been threatened now multiple times with expulsion by the DA's chairman, I am unsure if I will long remain in the party. I am currently considering whether to remain in the party, switch to the Federalists, or become an Independent, and would welcome any input from anyone (note that whichever party I choose to be in, my views will not change whatsoever).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2021, 08:33:25 PM »

Just to clarify - I am my own man, whether I campaign with the DA or Federalists. Secondly, I've explained that I'm very loosely identified with the DA and didn't think to work with them; as Yankee said, he PM'd me and advised me to seek an endorsement, which I did and received. Since then, the party has been helpful and kind to me. I've made it abundantly clear I will not bow to the will of either the DA or the Federalists, and the latter has accepted that and helped me anyway. I cannot say the same for the DA, whose chairman has hounded me for my perceived 'transphobic remarks', which, as previously mentioned, were written before I even registered with the party and which are hardly new. I won't apologize for the comments, but I will say my view on this issue has moderated quite a bit since, and some of my rhetoric may have gone too far. But nonetheless. And I've read that some on Discords are hoping I forget to attend inauguration. I will be attending inauguration; sorry to dissapoint. Last note - having been threatened now multiple times with expulsion by the DA's chairman, I am unsure if I will long remain in the party. I am currently considering whether to remain in the party, switch to the Federalists, or become an Independent, and would welcome any input from anyone (note that whichever party I choose to be in, my views will not change whatsoever).

Update on this: No one's given me any advice or feedback so far. As of right now I'm leaning towards remaining in the party since WB has attempted to reconcile and I still do believe the DA is, on the whole, likely more representative of my views than the Federalists would be. This isn't set in stone, however, and I will continue to rely on advice from any and all about which course I should take. I'll make a decision one way or the other and announce it within the next five days or so.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2021, 09:34:56 PM »

LT or Yankee have done nothing to promote revocation of ability to report posts just to be clear. Yankee recused himself from the report due to a conflict of interest so I filled in for Yankee instead. Just making the record clear even if this reply is six days late lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies