BG-33/Lechasseur vs S019/Forumlurker161
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:20:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BG-33/Lechasseur vs S019/Forumlurker161
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for? Who wins?
BG-33/BG-33

BG-33/S019

S019/BG-33

S019/S019

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: BG-33/Lechasseur vs S019/Forumlurker161  (Read 1707 times)
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2021, 01:48:38 PM »

A Republican ticket of two users who are center-left on economic issues and a Democratic ticket of two users who are somewhat authoritarian. What does this matchup look like? Discuss with maps.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 12:45:04 AM »

Inspired by the other thread and also by my observation that the label "socially conservative, economically liberal/leftist" fits two different kinds of worldviews. Feel free to provide hypothetical maps as well.

Christian Workers Party S019/Forumlurker161 Platform: Anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, pro-"religious freedom" (generally accepting of LGBT rights but wants clear conscience exemptions). Very pro-immigration, especially for refugees of any background. Strong emphasis on "social justice". Economically somewhat more left-wing and strongly supportive of universalist programs, including for immigrants. Somewhat pro-free trade overall. Environmentalist. Internationalist in foreign policy.

National People's Party BG-NY/Lechasseur Platform: Pro-choice and LGBT rights, but also very secularist (favours public burqa bans as well as restrictions of hijab wearing) and pro law and order, including being pro death penalty. Strongly nativist, favouring severe reductions in immigration numbers and civil libertarian, celebrating anti-PC culture. Economically accepting of broad universal benefits for citizen working-class population but opposes extending benefits to immigrants and "underclass scroungers". Somewhat protectionist overall and favours industrial policy. Somewhat more sceptical of environmentalism by being pro fracking and natural gas, though it does seek to reduce carbon emissions. Nationalist in foreign policy.

This alignment sounds a lot like Religious Left vs South Park-style Alt-Right.

Yellow = nonwhite iGen authoritarian ticket, Green = anti-wokeness, anti-globalism ticket. There are recounts in at least 10 states. 

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 01:31:18 AM »

Easily option 1.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 11:53:52 AM »

BG would win this in a landslide, it wouldn't even be close. Even I am not sure who I'd vote for, I'd lean for BG.

Electoral map:

Thanks to police issues and his overall authoritarian attitude as well as a home region effect, S019 manages to overperform in the NYC metro area, narrowly giving him all 3 of CT/NY/NJ. IL is also very close but I decided to give it to S019.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 08:30:38 PM »

Inspired by the other thread and also by my observation that the label "socially conservative, economically liberal/leftist" fits two different kinds of worldviews. Feel free to provide hypothetical maps as well.

Christian Workers Party S019/Forumlurker161 Platform: Anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, pro-"religious freedom" (generally accepting of LGBT rights but wants clear conscience exemptions). Very pro-immigration, especially for refugees of any background. Strong emphasis on "social justice". Economically somewhat more left-wing and strongly supportive of universalist programs, including for immigrants. Somewhat pro-free trade overall. Environmentalist. Internationalist in foreign policy.

I would not run on anti abortion platform, and I would be closer to secular, though I wouldn't ban religious clothing, I would more so run on secularizing the government and taxing churches and other places of worship.

National People's Party BG-NY/Lechasseur Platform: Pro-choice and LGBT rights, but also very secularist (favours public burqa bans as well as restrictions of hijab wearing) and pro law and order, including being pro death penalty. Strongly nativist, favouring severe reductions in immigration numbers and civil libertarian, celebrating anti-PC culture. Economically accepting of broad universal benefits for citizen working-class population but opposes extending benefits to immigrants and "underclass scroungers". Somewhat protectionist overall and favours industrial policy. Somewhat more sceptical of environmentalism by being pro fracking and natural gas, though it does seek to reduce carbon emissions. Nationalist in foreign policy.

Yellow = nonwhite iGen authoritarian ticket, Green = anti-wokeness, anti-globalism ticket. There are recounts in at least 10 states.  

also BG-NY is an anti-Semite, I'm not convinced this is the walk for him that all of you think it is.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 11:39:45 PM »

I would not run on anti abortion platform, and I would be closer to secular, though I wouldn't ban religious clothing, I would more so run on secularizing the government and taxing churches and other places of worship.

also BG-NY is an anti-Semite, I'm not convinced this is the walk for him that all of you think it is.

Must be the shy S019 effect at work. Just watch all the undecided koreaboo TikTok-er iGens break for our imminent D-NJ/D-CO overlords at the last minute and confound the pollsters.

In all seriousness I abstained from the poll because I don't think either side is particularly favored. I basically copied my Mung Beans thread map and edited it slightly to reflect 2020 #trends.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 10:20:28 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2021, 10:43:12 AM by Laki »

BG-33 / Lechasseur very easily. But I don't dislike S019 or Forumlurker.

This could be the map.

TX, NC, NH, RI and NM would be very narrow I believe.

Actually this could exarcebate trends. It's trends on steroids, exc. for perhaps some deep south state and the noteworthy exception(s) of Colorado and perhaps Alaska too.

Because it would speed up all the trends in this re-aligning elections, but it would also move hispanics more rapidly to the AWP column (which is also a trend that exists in real-life), the only trend that isn't visible now but could as well happen is that libertarian-minded (esp. on social issues) will move slightly towards the NLP party, but that might also be more of a regional effect, since they seem to be maxed out in the Great Plains states, Mountain West region.

The map itself stays quite similar to the one of now, exc. for some small upsets (Utah and Colorado), but the invisible (although visible shadings) proof that something is bound to happen, but it wouldn't result in big switches in terms of EV distribution.

It's possible i'm wrong about CO and NM... though, although I believe NM will be a bit more leaning towards BG-33 and Lechasseur than CO, because CO certainly has some social liberal types and is also a state where I believe the working class is a bit smaller. I see it as quite a progressive state, and it's possible CO would actually vote S019 here.

Almost certain NLP would be the party most Democrats support and AWP the party most Republicans (esp. Trump supporting factions) support, but people like Romney will switch to NLP (he'll certainly be done with what is left of the GOP), while people like Tulsi Gabbard will strongly side with AWP.

I'm not sure what Bernie, AOC and typical Berniecrats will do. It will "depend" on the message of the AWP. I think because it will mainly be associated with the remnants of the GOP that they still will continue to affiliate with NLP. However I do believe there will be people that make the switch, but i'm not sure if they would high-profile candidates, because there would have to pass at least some time, but this would pull the trigger for someone like Joe Manchin to switch sides, certainly. I think he would be the best known candidate to make the switch. Same for Tulsi Gabbard, all non woke lefty types. Brown, Fetterman and Sanders will probably stay within NLP unless a high profile candidate makes the switch, than there could be some exodus, and that would also pull more heavy weight to the AWP which will than have a bigger chance of winning, but it might also lead to more Republicans leaving what is left of their party.

Of course, would never happen in RL because the AWP would be too much associated with GOP-tactics and image.

But if it was a indeed a much more Bernie-like party but with more social conservatism, and get the support of Bernie, than it might flip CO, NM, RI and VT. If Bernie doesn't back that (which is more likely), than those three probably won't flip, giving the election to authoritarian liberal S019.

Although more likelier is that Bernie just doesn't endorse anyone.

Thing is... it depends heavily on the campaign.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 11:51:04 AM »

Never underestimate the shy FORUMLURKER effect.

But seriously we lose in a landslide.

Plus S019 and I would still clash on social and fiscal issues anyways. It would be a blowout for the other side.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 01:43:17 PM »

No he isn’t , he has apologized for the comments he has made multiple times

Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 06:23:41 PM »

Was inspired by this post-2020 election article on Asian American voters to do a spinoff on the Forumlurker ticket. I can see them as something of a D Nixon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/amid-awakening-asian-americans-are-still-taking-shape-as-a-political-force/ar-BB1fhNde?

[Hmong American small business owner in MN] voted for Mr. Biden. He said that he supported the Black Lives Matter movement but that some in his community did not. Years of feeling invisible had frustrated and demoralized them.

The way he sees it, Asians still do not have enough of a voice, and he worries that the pressure of holding everything in for years is reaching dangerous levels. He said he worried that a populist Asian leader, “an Asian Trump,” could have a huge following by tapping into this frustration. “We’ve been holding it all in for so long, it will just take the right circumstances for us to blow,” he said.

Forumlurker161: I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

*endorsed by Andrew Yang, Kamala Harris, Michelle Wu, Rob Bonta, Colleen Hanabusa, Andy Kim, Hiral Tipirneni, Bee Nguyen, Elizabeth Heng, Ted Lieu, Marilyn Strickland, Joaquin Castro, Charlemagne the God, Bagel23, Beet, Kuumo, Ishan, Mung Beans, OBD, pikachu, ProgressiveModerate, Rolls Roons, YE, and yours truly*

Just watch all the undecided koreaboo TikTok-er iGens break for our imminent D-NJ/D-CO overlords at the last minute and confound the pollsters.

Yellow = Forumlurker/S019, Green = fhtagn/Idaho Conservative

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies