Effect of Jon Tester’s minimum wage vote on his re-election chances
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:34:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Effect of Jon Tester’s minimum wage vote on his re-election chances
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Jon Tester’s minimum wage vote...
makes him more likely to be re-elected.

makes him less likely to be re-elected.

will have a statistically insignificant impact on his re-election chances.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Effect of Jon Tester’s minimum wage vote on his re-election chances  (Read 1262 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2021, 03:29:34 AM »

As we all know, Jon Tester was one of the Democrats to oppose a $15 minimum wage in the recent stimulus.

What do you think the impact of this vote will be on his re-election chances the next time he is up for re-election?

(Note that for the purposes of this poll, “a statistically insignificant impact” means a change of less than 0.1% either way. I also know that some of you may think he is all but certain to either win or lose regardless; in that case, consider the potential impact of his vote on his winning/losing margin - i.e. a shift from D+3 to D+2 would qualify as “less likely,” while a shift from R+3 to R+2 would qualify as “more likely.”)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 06:24:12 AM »

It's a little early for this, given they may still do a $15 min wage standalone bill that he could easily end up voting for. Also, I wouldn't really take the relief bill $15 min wage vote as gospel, considering there was many reasons that people ended up not voting for it, so I don't think it will really matter long term.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 06:37:07 AM »

If this is going to be part of a larger pattern where he'll publicly reject the extreme elements of today's Democratic Party, then it'll help him, but on its own there'll be no significant impact.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 10:19:42 AM »

OP, I know you’re very interested in MT politics, but I don’t think Tester/Gianforte voters care about the things you think they do.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 01:12:59 PM »

OP, I know you’re very interested in MT politics, but I don’t think Tester/Gianforte voters care about the things you think they do.

imo kathleen williams would’ve crushed rosendale if she supported a $15 minimum wage imo
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 01:32:45 PM »

Right, obviously Tester wins elections because of his policies...
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 01:41:01 PM »

What? You’re telling me stuff like this isn’t policy?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 02:43:55 PM »

Smug, avaricious Seattle elitists like you who exhibit a total lack of empathy for the needy and are unwilling to veil their disregard for the values and pains of those less fortunate than you are why Montana Democrats lost across the board in 2020. How about going to Fort Benton and promoting the Fair Deal instead of running consultant-driven campaigns like Kathleen Williams did and embracing the kind of shameless pandering which Montanans have always seen through?

It is incredibly disingenuous to suggest that Kathleen Williams couldn’t have replicated Jon Tester's playbook if her campaign had centered on the same New Deal legacy that has improved the lives of working Montanans. But sorry, no one in Montana wears goggles and a bangle while filleting a fish in what might as well be a lab coat... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaqn5TOQWTE

Greetings to Denise Juneau
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 03:03:19 PM »

Smug, avaricious Seattle elitists like you who exhibit a total lack of empathy for the needy and are unwilling to veil their disregard for the values and pains of those less fortunate than you are why Montana Democrats lost across the board in 2020. How about going to Fort Benton and promoting the Fair Deal instead of running consultant-driven campaigns like Kathleen Williams did and embracing the kind of shameless pandering which Montanans have always seen through?

It is incredibly disingenuous to suggest that Kathleen Williams couldn’t have replicated Jon Tester's playbook if her campaign had centered on the same New Deal legacy that has improved the lives of working Montanans. But sorry, no one in Montana wears goggles and a bangle while filleting a fish in what might as well be a lab coat... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaqn5TOQWTE

Greetings to Denise Juneau

I mean, sure, maybe the cows don't like it, but obviously Democrats would have cratered in Georgia and Virginia without my smug elitism, and Ossoff/Warnock would've been lucky to crack 20% in Cobb/Gwinnett, so there's some use to my anti-social technocratic basement-dwelling fundraising strategy. Maybe driving a tractor with seven fingers flies in big populist sky country, but the folks in line at Starbucks want some smug slacktivism with their double shot almond milk caramel macchiatos, thank you very much.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 03:49:17 PM »

No impact or will help. Last time I checked a minimum wage increase was popular across America, including in red states. However, it's really hard to see his vote has a major impact on an election nearly four years from now, even if the increase is enacted into law. In order to win reelection, Tester needs to do what he has done last time(s), and this is his brillant retail politics. The guy is one of the best senators.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 03:58:06 PM »

Not much. His chances rely on the Democratic nominee for President carrying Montana, which are virtually zero.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 04:24:46 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2021, 04:27:55 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

It won't affect him due to fact all Rs have is Gianforte and Rosendale, retreads arent successful Bullock, James, Strickland Bredesen

That's why we have a good chance picking up seats all of candidates haven't lost races before

Rs have been losing seats in the House or the Senate since they peaked in n 2016 with Benghazi Hillary, how are we supposed to think 2022 they will gain seats and we have a 2016 Senate map and we only lost it due to Hillary

The only person will lose is Manchin to a Generic R, he might retire anyways, but WVA is gonna be AL 2020
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies