Andrew Cuomo Resignation Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 11:30:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Andrew Cuomo Resignation Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29
Poll
Question: What happens to Andrew Cuomo?
He resigns.

He is impeached and removed.

He finishes his term but doesn't run for another one.

He finishes his term and runs again but loses the primary.

He finishes his term, runs again, wins the primary but loses the general election.

He is re-elected.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo Resignation Megathread  (Read 34652 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: August 17, 2021, 10:01:54 AM »

Chris Cuomo apparently encouraged his brother to resign.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo said on Monday that he had urged his brother, Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York, to resign — something he “never imagined ever having to do.”

Coming off a weeklong, regularly scheduled vacation, Cuomo addressed his brother’s resignation at the end of his Monday night show, repeating what he’d told viewers before — that it has never been easy being a journalist in a political family. He mentioned having his brother on his show early on in the coronavirus pandemic for “short-lived” appearances, and reminded viewers that CNN has a policy that doesn’t allow him to report on the New York governor because of a conflict of interest.

“And they were” short-lived, Cuomo said. “That was over a year ago, long before any scandal.”

Andrew Cuomo will officially step down next week, more than two weeks after a report from the New York attorney general’s office found that he had sexually harassed nearly a dozen women.

On Monday, Chris Cuomo went on to address media reports that called him an “adviser” to his brother.

“I can’t be objective when it comes to my family, so I never reported on the scandal,” he said at the end of the show. “And when it happened, I tried to be there for my brother. I’m not an adviser. I’m a brother. I wasn’t in control of anything. I was there to listen and offer my take. And my advice to my brother was simple and consistent. Own what you did. Tell people what you’ll do to be better. Be contrite. And finally, accept that it doesn’t matter what you intended. What matters is how your actions and words were perceived.”

If CNN doesn't fire Chris Cuomo, I might finally switch over to MSNBC, despite the fact the quality of their reporting on international news is atrocious.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #651 on: August 17, 2021, 11:49:27 AM »

CNN’s Chris Cuomo said on Monday that he had urged his brother, Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York, to resign — something he “never imagined ever having to do.”

Coming off a weeklong, regularly scheduled vacation, Cuomo addressed his brother’s resignation at the end of his Monday night show, repeating what he’d told viewers before — that it has never been easy being a journalist in a political family. He mentioned having his brother on his show early on in the coronavirus pandemic for “short-lived” appearances, and reminded viewers that CNN has a policy that doesn’t allow him to report on the New York governor because of a conflict of interest.

“And they were” short-lived, Cuomo said. “That was over a year ago, long before any scandal.”

Andrew Cuomo will officially step down next week, more than two weeks after a report from the New York attorney general’s office found that he had sexually harassed nearly a dozen women.

On Monday, Chris Cuomo went on to address media reports that called him an “adviser” to his brother.

“I can’t be objective when it comes to my family, so I never reported on the scandal,” he said at the end of the show. “And when it happened, I tried to be there for my brother. I’m not an adviser. I’m a brother. I wasn’t in control of anything. I was there to listen and offer my take. And my advice to my brother was simple and consistent. Own what you did. Tell people what you’ll do to be better. Be contrite. And finally, accept that it doesn’t matter what you intended. What matters is how your actions and words were perceived.”

If CNN doesn't fire Chris Cuomo, I might finally switch over to MSNBC, despite the fact the quality of their reporting on international news is atrocious.

Uh, how is what he did here wrong? His brother should resign and he encouraged him to do the right thing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #652 on: August 17, 2021, 11:52:51 AM »

Uh, how is what he did here wrong? His brother should resign and he encouraged him to do the right thing.

Chris Cuomo was meddling in this scandal from the moment it broke.

He's shown an astonishing lapse of journalistic ethics, and even doing what looks like the right thing here is still a lack of journalistic ethics, since as a journalist, he should not be advising his brother on anything political.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #653 on: August 17, 2021, 12:10:10 PM »

He's shown an astonishing lapse of journalistic ethics, and even doing what looks like the right thing here is still a lack of journalistic ethics, since as a journalist, he should not be advising his brother on anything political.

That's a pretty big ask that you want him to just not discuss at all with his brother one of the biggest things that's happened in his life. As he said, he can't be objective about it so he never reported on it, which is a pretty sane position I think.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #654 on: August 17, 2021, 12:12:50 PM »

That's a pretty big ask that you want him to just not discuss at all with his brother one of the biggest things that's happened in his life. As he said, he can't be objective about it so he never reported on it, which is a pretty sane position I think.

That's exactly what I want from him, and from pretty much any other journalist who covers politics.

If say...Rachel Maddow had family members in elected office, I wouldn't want her advising them on things like this either.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #655 on: August 17, 2021, 12:13:56 PM »

That's exactly what I want from him, and from pretty much any other journalist who covers politics.

If say...Rachel Maddow had family members in elected office, I wouldn't want her advising them on things like this either.

Thankfully it's not what CNN wants from him.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #656 on: August 17, 2021, 04:28:57 PM »

Here we go:

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #657 on: August 17, 2021, 05:12:04 PM »

The man doesn't deserve a taxpayer-funded pension, let alone $50K/year's worth, but at least this essentially serves as confirmation that he won't just oh-so-conveniently forget to submit his formal letter of resignation by midnight on Tues.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #658 on: August 18, 2021, 09:56:13 AM »

In that case he couldn't either be objective re:Cuomo's handling of the pandemic, but he did report on it. False [as the rest of the Democratic Media], cause he covered up the Nursing Home Scandal.

You can't have it both ways. Fredo should be fired, but he likely won't be.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #659 on: August 18, 2021, 10:09:34 AM »

In that case he couldn't either be objective re:Cuomo's handling of the pandemic, but he did report on it. False [as the rest of the Democratic Media], cause he covered up the Nursing Home Scandal.

I'm not having it both ways. Convince me he did something wrong on that and maybe I'll think he should be. Reporting on it isn't the same as covering it up.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #660 on: August 18, 2021, 10:10:44 AM »

The man doesn't deserve a taxpayer-funded pension, let alone $50K/year's worth, but at least this essentially serves as confirmation that he won't just oh-so-conveniently forget to submit his formal letter of resignation by midnight on Tues.

I'm kind of surprised it's only 50k annually. Expected much more. That said, the dude likely continues to make tons of $ from shady book deals, paid speeches and much more. And he's got 18 million cash in his campaign war chest. Perhaps he'd better use it for upcoming legal fees etc.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2021, 10:19:17 AM »

I'm not having it both ways. Convince me he did something wrong on that and maybe I'll think he should be. Reporting on it isn't the same as covering it up.

What?

The fact, that so called Journalist choose to report a "good" stuff on his brother, but not bad one, because muh he can't be objective, doesn't ring a bell? Ok, all right.  Journalistic ethics, anyone?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2021, 10:32:10 AM »

What?

The fact, that so called Journalist choose to report a "good" stuff on his brother, but not bad one, because muh he can't be objective, doesn't ring a bell? Ok, all right.  Journalistic ethics, anyone?

Ok I think your confusing sentence was saying Andrew covered up the nursing home scandal not Chris.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #663 on: August 18, 2021, 07:23:05 PM »

Here we go:

Blizzard Entertainment didn't decide to make him their new CEO?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #664 on: August 19, 2021, 02:46:47 PM »

Kathy Hochul's official Twitter has now been renamed from LtGovHochulNY to https://twitter.com/GovKathyHochul
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #665 on: August 20, 2021, 02:25:27 PM »

Cuomo is on his way out:

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #666 on: August 20, 2021, 02:41:16 PM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #667 on: August 23, 2021, 09:36:23 AM »

Hands up, quick reminder: Today is Mr. Cuomo's last day in office.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #668 on: August 23, 2021, 09:37:51 AM »

He left his dog at the mansion.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #669 on: August 23, 2021, 11:08:02 AM »

I would be in HUGE trouble if I say what I thought about him in this instance.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #670 on: August 23, 2021, 02:20:41 PM »

Cuomo's final remarks (still denies any wrongdoing):

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #671 on: August 23, 2021, 05:15:19 PM »

I’d get banned if I said what i thought about him
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #672 on: August 23, 2021, 06:02:47 PM »

Hopefully Kathy Hochul will adopt the dog and serve as a metaphor for what New York could be under her leadership instead, ideally.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #673 on: August 23, 2021, 10:52:51 PM »

I'm ready

Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #674 on: August 23, 2021, 11:00:07 PM »

CUOMO IS GONE!!!