Political equivalents of Long Island, NY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:49:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Political equivalents of Long Island, NY
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political equivalents of Long Island, NY  (Read 1053 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2021, 05:40:11 PM »

Is there any political and cultural equivalents of Long Island, NY in other parts of America?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 09:11:34 PM »

Is there any political and cultural equivalents of Long Island, NY in other parts of America?

Bucks County, PA. It literally has its own Levittown.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 09:21:31 PM »

South Florida outside of Miami and South Broward to a degree.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 11:32:44 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 01:44:48 PM by Kevin »

Macomb County Michigan, Baltimore County (not the city) Maryland, and possibly Prince William County/Hampton Roads area of VA come to mind.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 11:33:24 AM »

Macomb County Michigan, Baltimore County (not the city) Maryland, and possibly Prince William County/Hampton Roads area of VA come to mind.

Is there any Hamptons in Macomb, or Baltimore County?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 01:15:03 PM »

This is a bit off-topic, but I have a friend from Long Island. They are a pro-cop Democrat, for the longest time I thought Bronz was insane for saying this was a significant group, but no. They exist, and I think they're semi prevalent in Long Island.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 11:37:46 PM »

This is a bit off-topic, but I have a friend from Long Island. They are a pro-cop Democrat, for the longest time I thought Bronz was insane for saying this was a significant group, but no. They exist, and I think they're semi prevalent in Long Island.

Told you. I live in the NYC tristate area, and in the autumn, most of the LIGOP ads were about "Back the Blue, Back the Blue"

A lot of NYPD officers live on Long Island, other than Staten Island.....
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 11:39:26 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2021, 04:51:28 PM by You Code 16 bits- What do you get? »

Actually Macomb and Oakland added together are closer to Nassau and Suffolk respectively atleast politically. At an actual level combining other factors I am more skeptical.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2021, 04:40:52 PM »

Actually Macomb and Oakland added together are closer to Nassau and Suffolk respectively atleast politically. At an actual level combing other factors I am more skeptical.

But they don't have any wealthy districts in both of these counties.....

Long Island does.......

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/terence-p-jeffrey/26-27-richest-congressional-districts-represented-democrats

The 2 wealthiest districts held by Republicans are on Long Island----Andrew Garbarino and Lee Zeldin----

"The South Shore of Long Island is Trump's base: old school, conservative, racist, well-off. The children of white flight. Cops and contractors and middle aged dudes who didn't finish college but went on to make six figures running plumbing supply businesses. We should get more profiles of the voters in King's district instead of the endless deep dives on the white working class in West Virginia or people in diners in Pennsylvania."

https://gothamist.com/news/rep-peter-king-longtime-li-republican-wont-run-reelection-2020

Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 12:41:15 PM »

Ventura county when I think of historic east county vs west county reputations/divides. It's changed now though.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 06:21:28 PM »

Actually Macomb and Oakland added together are closer to Nassau and Suffolk respectively atleast politically. At an actual level combing other factors I am more skeptical.

Long Island does.......

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/terence-p-jeffrey/26-27-richest-congressional-districts-represented-democrats

The 2 wealthiest districts held by Republicans are on Long Island----Andrew Garbarino and Lee Zeldin----

"The South Shore of Long Island is Trump's base: old school, conservative, racist, well-off. The children of white flight. Cops and contractors and middle aged dudes who didn't finish college but went on to make six figures running plumbing supply businesses. We should get more profiles of the voters in King's district instead of the endless deep dives on the white working class in West Virginia or people in diners in Pennsylvania."

https://gothamist.com/news/rep-peter-king-longtime-li-republican-wont-run-reelection-2020

Oakland County is affluent, but yeah the idea that Suffolk is all blue collar because of voting for Trump is silly. Both Long Island counties are home to very affluent areas.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 06:29:45 PM »

Long Island does.......

Oakland County is affluent, but yeah the idea that Suffolk is all blue collar because of voting for Trump is silly. Both Long Island counties are home to very affluent areas.

I didn't really say that Suffolk was blue collar, I just said politically Macomb + Oakland have voted pretty similarly to Long Island.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 01:20:40 AM »

Kent County Delaware
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution