The White House (Former Office of President Sestak)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:04:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House (Former Office of President Sestak)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The White House (Former Office of President Sestak)  (Read 3509 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2021, 12:32:31 PM »

Signing Statement
The potential of owning a home is a pivotal part of Atlasia's economy and culture. This bill today furthers this opportunity by strengthening our assistance programs.

Quote from: F.L. 30-01
SENATE BILL

Be it enacted in both houses of the CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA
Home Buyer Assistance Stabilization Act

Section 1. Title

A) The title of this bill shall be the Home Buyer Assistance Stabilization Act

Section 2. Administration

A) Departments of housings in regions across Atlasia shall establish and administer the home buyer assistance program to:

1. Assist home buyers by providing low-interest mortgage loans, with down payment and closing cost assistance options for the purchase of homes. 

2. Coordinate with, as appropriate, provide matching monies for similar programs that are offered by private employers and county and municipal governments so to maximize the total amount that home buyers can receive under this program.

B) The home buyer assistance fund is hereby established which shall consist of legislative appropriations to be compiled to at least $1,000,000 via monies received from the repayment of loans provided by the program and interest earned on those monies. The departments of each region shall administer the fund for continuous appropriation.

C)  For loans provided under this program, the departments shall:

1. Allow home buyers to use the loans for the purchase of newly constructed or existing homes, including homes that are held in cooperative or condominium forms of ownership.

2. Require that borrowers under this program do not own other residential real estate at the time of the loan request.

3. Require a home purchased under this program be occupied by the home buyer as a princiapl residence.
People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembed,

House of Representatives Passed 6-1-0-2

President of Congress

I. C. SESTAC PRAESES ATLASIENSIS LII
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2021, 12:41:32 PM »

Signing Statement

Facial recognition is a dangerous technology that can be used to gather vast amounts of personal information on individuals without their consent. This bill is necessary in order to protect the privacy of all Atlasians.

Quote from: F.L. 30-02
Sticking a Middle Finger to Big Brother Act

Be it enacted in both houses of Congress assembled,
Section 1. Saving Face
a. A "facial recognition camera" is any camera which includes a feature to recognize a person's face.
b. All facial recognition cameras, with the following exceptions, are hereby banned in the Republic of Atlasia.
  i. Smartphones, tablets, and other personal, mobile devices not permanently mounted to a surface shall be exempt from this law.
c. "Permanently mounted" is defined as any electronic device that ceases to function if unplugged from a power outlet
d Owners of such devices shall have until July 1, 2021 to dispose of them.
e. Owners may report the exact model to a government website where they will be sent directions to their local police station.
f. Local police stations will collect cameras that are brought to them and provide reimbursement for the value of when the model first reached the public market, adjusted for inflation. These cameras will be turned over to the federal government at once.
g. Manufacturers of such devices shall immediately cease production of all such devices. They shall be reimbursed for the costs of their stockpile using current market price if they turn their stockpile over to the federal government.
h. Any person or entity found in violation of parts 2(c) and 2(d) may be fined an amount not to exceed $5,000, and shall have such device confiscated.
i. Any police department which fails to turn over cameras received will lose 50% of it's federal funding for a minimum of one fiscal year.

Section 2. Cur-phew
a. "Curfew laws" are defined as all laws prohibiting people of any age group, or in general, from being in public areas during a certain time (usually at night), outside of a state of emergency as declared by either the President or local authorities.
b. Any jurisdiction that passes curfew laws shall lose federal funding
c. All persons cited for violating curfew laws shall have their records expunged.

Passed 5-2-1-1 in the House assembled
People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0-1-1 in the Atlasian Senate assembled (amended)

House of Representatives Passed 5-2-1-1

President of Congress

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2021, 12:58:00 PM »

Signing Statement

While copyright protections do have an important role, it is paramount that they do not overly stifle creativity and artistic expression. I am very pleased to sign this bill into law today in order to better ensure that copyrights cannot be abused against artists.

Quote from: F.L. 30-03
A BILL
protecting the right to produce music that is inspired by other works

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives, in Congress assembled:

SECTION 1. TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the "Inspiration Is Not Theft Act of 2020".

SECTION 2. FINDINGS.

A. In 2013, defendants Mr. Pharrell Williams, Mr. Robin Thicke, and Mr. Clifford Harris, Jr., were served with a lawsuit from plaintiffs representing the estate of Marvin Gaye, Jr. (Mr. Frankie Christian Gaye, Mr. Marvin Gaye III, and Ms. Nona Marvisa Gaye, respectively).  

B. The defendants, which may be referred to as the "Thicke Group", are songwriters and musicians by trade.

C. The matter at issue in this case involves copyright infringement; specifically, does the musical composition "Blurred Lines" (as written by Williams, Thicke, and Harris) copy the essential elements in the Gaye composition "Got To Give It Up" (as written by Mr. Marvin Gaye, Jr.) (thus entitling the plaintiffs to financial relief)?

D. Although the two songs share a similar style, the underlying melodies and harmonies are not sufficiently similar to one another.  

E. A district court entered judgment for the plaintiffs; on appeal, this was affirmed by the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.  

F. As decided by the Ninth Circuit, the ruling in this case effectively declares that works imitating, but not specifically copying, other works may be regarded as copyright infringements.  

G. This decision has had, and will continue to have, a "chilling effect" on the capability of songwriters to produce works evoking other eras or styles.  

H. As a matter of routine, many musical acts and works imitate the style of other musical acts and works.  

SECTION 3. PROTECTION OF CERTAIN RIGHTS.

A. It shall not be a violation of copyright law to:

1. Imitate, or borrow from, the style of another artist or composition.  

2. Produce a work parodying another's compositions or style.  

3. Employ, or assist in employing, any person who created, or assisted in the creation of, another act or work.  

SECTION 4. ACT NOT TO BE MISCONSTRUED.

This Act shall not be so construed as to prohibit certain individuals or groups the right to seek credit, and/or financial compensation for, the direct copying of specific works (in the music industry, this act is known as "sampling")

SECTION 5. WHEN EFFECTIVE.

This Act will become effective when signed by the president.

House of Representatives
Passed the House of Representatives 3-2-1-3

People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-2-0-2 in the Atlasian Senate Assmbled

President of Congress

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2021, 01:44:19 PM »

Statement

I did not really want to have to do this; however, I made a long post explaining my major concerns with the bill as written and what needed to be done to fix it - a post that seems to have been largely ignored. The bill remains in a state that - in the beginning - everyone seemed to agree was unfinished. A lot of time was spent waiting for amendments that never came - to tell the truth I still don't fully understand how it went to a final vote in the Senate.

To reiterate briefly my points, this bill does not properly coordinate with regions (including by authorizing the building of a federal West Coast HSR when Fremont is already building one) and places far too much of a focus on "transnational" lines which would involve extremely expensive undertakings such as building high-speed viable routes through the Rockies. There is absolutely no reason to do this when the currently existing projects are already considerably expensive and have still not been finished, with many of them also being in a state of funding limbo.

I consider myself a supporter of high speed rail and would be willing to sign something that focuses more on building existing projects and linking a national network through those regional projects. However, as the bill is written I cannot sign it.

AN ACT
To improve transport and connectivity across our nation.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act." It may be cited as the "High Speed Rail Act."

Section II. Definitions
i. High speed rail is defined as a railroad capable of supporting trains in excess of 120 mph.

Section III. Construction of High Speed Rail Arteries
i. A high speed railway shall be constructed along the western coast.
     a. The Department of Transportation should negotiate possible connections through Canada and Mexico.
ii. A high speed railway shall be constructed along the eastern coast.

Section IV. Creation of National Rail Authority
i. The National Rail Authority is hereby established under the Department of Transportation and tasked with the responsibility of overseeing construction, rail route development, and consumer-end transit program implementation.
ii. The National Rail Authority shall consist of members appointed by the President of Atlasia.
iii. The layout of the seaboard routes and placement of cross-country rail routes shall be the responsibility of the National Rail Authority.
iv. Congress shall retain the ability to legislate new routes or override the decisions of the National Rail Authority if necessary.

Section V. Appropriations
i. $80 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of the seaboard routes.
$10 billion of this shall be appropriated for upgrading of the Northeast Corridor High-Speed Rail Line.
ii. $250 million shall be appropriated for surveying and planning of cross-country rail routes.
iii. $3 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities.
iv. $150 billion shall be released for construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of cross country routes pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
v. $8 billion shall be released for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.

With a final tally of 5-2-0-2, this bill passes.
X SevenEleven
People's Regional Senate
Passed 3-0-0-3 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled

Passes 4-3-0-3 in the House (Amended)

VETO

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2021, 02:21:19 AM »

Quote from:  Executive Order 52-010
EXECUTIVE ORDER
to hold a non-binding referendum for a new flag of Atlasia

The Department of Federal Elections is hereby directed to open the voting booth for the purposes of a referendum on a new flag for the Republic, from 12:00 AM, Eastern Daylight Time, on Friday 28 May 2021 until 12:00 AM on Monday 31 May. The options listed shall be those given in this post, labeled 'A' through 'F' as ordered in said post. The referendum shall be tabulated as a ranked-choice ballot.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2021, 01:08:18 AM »

Mr President, the following bill awaits your signature.

Quote from: House passed version
A BILL
To protect our unseen animals.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

i. This bill may be known as the Unidentified Primate Protection Act.

Section II. Definition

i. "Bigfoot" may be defined as any previously unknown-to-science bipedal hominid or ape-like creature inhabiting the wild of Atlasia.
ii. This creature may be known by multiple names, including Sasquatch, Skunk Ape, and a variety of others in Native cultures.

Section III. Protective Measures
i. The Congress of Atlasia hereby recognizes Bigfoot's existence.
ii. Bigfoot is hereby placed on the Endangered Species List.
iii. It shall be prohibited to kill or seriously injure a Bigfoot unless provoked.
iv. Killing a Bigfoot may be punished with a fine not exceeding $30,000 and/or up to one year in prison.
v. Any person who has seen a Bigfoot in a national park, forest, or other protected area may report the sighting to the park's administration. The park shall put a notice up alerting visitors of the creature's presence.

Section IV. The Deep State Gets Squatched
i. No government funds may be directed toward civilian or military operations intended to hunt or exterminate Bigfoot.
ii. No government funds may be directed toward civilian or military operations intended to hunt or exterminate any group of people commonly described as "feral" or "wildmen" living on the fringes of society.
iii. All government files regarding the 1969 disappearance of Dennis Martin, including those relating to the involvement of the Green Berets in the search and rescue operation, must be declassified.
iv. All government files relating to helicopter operations after the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens, specifically those relating to the removal and subsequent burning of Sasquatch corpses, must be declassified.
v. All government files relating to capture of Sasquatch after the 1999 Battle Mountain Fire in Nevada must be declassified.

Section V. Effect
i. This bill shall go into effect immediately after signature by the President.

Passed 6-1-1-1 in the Atlasian House assembled

Passed 5-0-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled

President of Congress

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2021, 02:54:35 PM »

Quote from:  Executive Order 52-011
EXECUTIVE ORDER
to ensure fair ballot access

WHEREAS, the Fifth Constitution was ratified this past weekend, replacing the bicameral Congress with a new unicameral Senate; and,

WHEREAS, the June 2021 elections shall be the first held under the auspices of the Fifth Constitution; and,

WHEREAS, the old House of Representatives has been directly replaced by the nine at-large seats of the new Congress; and,

WHEREAS, several candidates declared for the House of Representatives prior to the ratification of the Fifth Constitution; and,

WHEREAS, it would be unfair to exclude these candidates from the at-large Senate ballot; now, therefore

The Department of Federal Elections is hereby directed to interpret all declarations of candidacy for House of Representatives in the previously scheduled June 2021 elections made prior to the ratification of the Fifth Constitution as valid declarations of candidacy for the at-large Senate seats in the June 2021 elections.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2021, 12:57:16 AM »

Quote from:  Executive Order 52-012
EXECUTIVE ORDER
to honor a late former Vice President of our predecessor

Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is hereby renamed Walter F. Mondale Memorial National Airport.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2021, 09:48:11 AM »

Signing Statement
Sure, I guess.

Quote from: F.L. 30-04

A BILL
To protect our unseen animals.

Section I. Title

i. This bill may be known as the Unidentified Primate Protection Act.

Section II. Definition

i. "Bigfoot" may be defined as any previously unknown-to-science bipedal hominid or ape-like creature inhabiting the wild of Atlasia.
ii. This creature may be known by multiple names, including Sasquatch, Skunk Ape, and a variety of others in Native cultures.

Section III. Protective Measures
i. The Congress of Atlasia hereby recognizes Bigfoot's existence.
ii. Bigfoot is hereby placed on the Endangered Species List.
iii. It shall be prohibited to kill or seriously injure a Bigfoot unless provoked.
iv. Killing a Bigfoot may be punished with a fine not exceeding $30,000 and/or up to one year in prison.
v. Any person who has seen a Bigfoot in a national park, forest, or other protected area may report the sighting to the park's administration. The park shall put a notice up alerting visitors of the creature's presence.

Section IV. The Deep State Gets Squatched
i. No government funds may be directed toward civilian or military operations intended to hunt or exterminate Bigfoot.
ii. No government funds may be directed toward civilian or military operations intended to hunt or exterminate any group of people commonly described as "feral" or "wildmen" living on the fringes of society.
iii. All government files regarding the 1969 disappearance of Dennis Martin, including those relating to the involvement of the Green Berets in the search and rescue operation, must be declassified.
iv. All government files relating to helicopter operations after the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens, specifically those relating to the removal and subsequent burning of Sasquatch corpses, must be declassified.
v. All government files relating to capture of Sasquatch after the 1999 Battle Mountain Fire in Nevada must be declassified.

Section V. Effect
i. This bill shall go into effect immediately after signature by the President.

Passed 6-1-1-1 in the Atlasian House assembled

Passed 5-0-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled

President of Congress

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2021, 09:47:41 PM »

Mr. President, the following bill has passed both houses of Congress etc. etc.

A Bill
Ensuring fairness regarding payment of winnings at gaming facilities

SECTION 1 - TITLE

This bill may be cited as the "Fair Play in Gaming Act".  

SECTION II - DEFINITIONS  

1. The term "gaming machine" is hereby defined as any device which, as installed at a non-Native American operated casino, purports to pay out any jackpot or sum of money.  

2. The term "malfunction" is defined as a failure of a gaming machine's operating system which renders the game unplayable.  

3. The term "violation" is defined as the refusal of a non-Native American operated casino to pay out any sum that is legitimately won (subject to the terms of this bill).  

SECTION III - FINDINGS

1. Congress finds as follows:

A. There have been numerous instances of casinos that have refused to award advertised jackpots to winners of such.

B. In the majority of these cases, such refusals are based upon claims of gaming machines having "malfunctioned".  In this regard, casinos claim that devices mistakenly and erroneously show the winning of a prize.  

C. Mechanical breakdowns of slot-based gaming machines are extremely rare in occurrence.  

D. In the event of a legitimate win, casinos should pay amounts that they advertise as potentially being paid.  

SECTION IV - GENERAL PROVISIONS

1. In order to ensure the good working order of gaming machines, inspections of such shall take place every six months.  The gaming commissions of individual states shall be charged with the operation and oversight of these inspections.  

2. In cases of legitimate jackpot wins, casinos shall pay at least the amount advertised as the "maximum jackpot", excepting cases where a malfunction or player fraud is conclusively proven.  

3. Any casino subsequently required to pay a jackpot shall begin payments of funds no later than one hundred twenty (120) days after a claim of victory.  

4. Nothing in this bill shall be construed as requiring jackpot payouts from Native American-operated casinos.  

SECTION V - PENALTIES

1. A casino found to be in violation of Section IV sub-section 2 shall have its gaming license suspended for no less than ninety (90) days.  

2. Thereafter, for every thirty (30) days that a casino continues to be in violation of Section IV sub-section 2, no less than thirty (30) days shall be added to the suspension of such a casino's gaming license.  

3. If a casino continues to be in violation of Section IV sub-section 2 for a period exceeding one (1) year, the associated state gaming commission may choose to permanently suspend the casino's gaming license.  

SECTION VI - IMPLEMENTATION

1. This legislation shall take effect immediately after passage.  
Passed 5-1-2-1 in the Atlasian House assembled

Passed 5-0-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate assembled

Person of Color

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2021, 09:26:40 PM »

Quote from:  Executive Order 52-013
EXECUTIVE ORDER
to give a pass to a legend

The individual who identified themselves as 'Dan Cooper' in Portland International Airport on November 24, 1971, if they still live, is hereby pardoned for any federal crimes which occurred during or as were commited as a direct result of the hijacking of Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 305 on that day.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2021, 12:39:26 PM »

Signing statement

I am a bit ambivalent about some of the stuff in here and how it will actually work; however, there are no specific sticking points for me and Congress seems to have overwhelming support; thus, I have elected to sign it into law.

Quote from: F.L. 30-05

A Bill
Ensuring fairness regarding payment of winnings at gaming facilities

SECTION 1 - TITLE

This bill may be cited as the "Fair Play in Gaming Act"

SECTION II - DEFINITIONS 

1. The term "gaming machine" is hereby defined as any device which, as installed at a non-Native American operated casino, purports to pay out any jackpot or sum of money. 

2. The term "malfunction" is defined as a failure of a gaming machine's operating system which renders the game unplayable. 

3. The term "violation" is defined as the refusal of a non-Native American operated casino to pay out any sum that is legitimately won (subject to the terms of this bill). 

SECTION III - FINDINGS

1. Congress finds as follows:

A. There have been numerous instances of casinos that have refused to award advertised jackpots to winners of such.

B. In the majority of these cases, such refusals are based upon claims of gaming machines having "malfunctioned".  In this regard, casinos claim that devices mistakenly and erroneously show the winning of a prize. 

C. Mechanical breakdowns of slot-based gaming machines are extremely rare in occurrence. 

D. In the event of a legitimate win, casinos should pay amounts that they advertise as potentially being paid. 

SECTION IV - GENERAL PROVISIONS

1. In order to ensure the good working order of gaming machines, inspections of such shall take place every six months.  The gaming commissions of individual states shall be charged with the operation and oversight of these inspections. 

2. In cases of legitimate jackpot wins, casinos shall pay at least the amount advertised as the "maximum jackpot", excepting cases where a malfunction or player fraud is conclusively proven. 

3. Any casino subsequently required to pay a jackpot shall begin payments of funds no later than one hundred twenty (120) days after a claim of victory. 

4. Nothing in this bill shall be construed as requiring jackpot payouts from Native American-operated casinos. 

SECTION V - PENALTIES

1. A casino found to be in violation of Section IV sub-section 2 shall have its gaming license suspended for no less than ninety (90) days. 

2. Thereafter, for every thirty (30) days that a casino continues to be in violation of Section IV sub-section 2, no less than thirty (30) days shall be added to the suspension of such a casino's gaming license. 

3. If a casino continues to be in violation of Section IV sub-section 2 for a period exceeding one (1) year, the associated state gaming commission may choose to permanently suspend the casino's gaming license. 

SECTION VI - IMPLEMENTATION

1. This legislation shall take effect immediately after passage. 
Passed 5-1-2-1 in the Atlasian House assembled

Passed 5-0-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate assembled

Person of Color

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2021, 01:56:46 AM »

Mr. President, these bills have passed both chambers and await your signature.

SENATE BILL
To expand access to broadband

Be it enacted in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,
Lets Get Wired (LGW) Act

1.) This Act hereby recognises the importance of broadband and data access for communities across Atlasia, and recognises that too many communities still lack reliable, affordable and high quality broadband. This act takes the following steps to remedy this inequality.

2.) The Lets Get Wired Task-Force is hereby created to work alongside existing commissions , with an NPC chairman and 5 other representatives appointed by the President, along with one representative from each of Atlasia's region. This taskforce is hereby empowered to expand, improve and introduce high-speed broadband across Atlasia and its regions.

3.) $20 billion shall hereby be appropriated over the next 5 years to aims and objectives of the LGW Act. The $20 billion is hereby broken down in the following areas.  

3A.) $10 billion of this funding is for the up-front cost of installing new broadband route in areas currently not receiving an connection of least 25 megabits per second, an upload speed of at least 3 megabits per second.

3B.) $5 billion is hereby granted to the regions of Atlasia to spend on the improving and expanding broadband access.

3C.) $2 billion is hereby allocated for the installation of broadband for rural areas and areas under the oversight of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)

3D.) $1 billion is hereby allocated for a federal jobs training and apprenticeship scheme designed to train employees for the skills needed in the installation of broadband infrastructure.

3E.) $1 billion is hereby allocated for public schools and libraries to improve and expand broadband access.

3F.) $500 million is hereby allocated for hospitals and other medical facilities to invest, expand and improve tele-health programs for patients, with the funding designated for improving services for patients with historic difficulty in accessing broadband connections.

3EG) $500 million is hereby allocated to be granted to small business (those with less than 10 employees) to improve internet accessibility for the business, and for employees working from home. The maximum grant amount shall be capped at $5,000 per company.  

People's Regional Senate
Passed 6-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

People's House of Representatives
Passed 7-0-0-2 in the People's House of Representatives

Deputy President of Congress

Quote from: Final Senate Text
AN ACT
To outlaw forgery of COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards

Be it enacted by the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia assembled
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the COVID-19 Vaccine Card Anti-Forgery Act.

Section 2. Outlawing the manufacturing and use of false COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards

1. It shall be a federal crime to create unauthorized COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards, or to use a forged card for access to employment or private or public services.

2. Individuals convicted of violating Section 2.1 may be sentenced to no longer than one year in prison and/or a $25,000 fine.

Section 3; Protections in high-risk jobs
1. No law may be enacted in any part of the Republic of Atlasia, that prevents companies from requiring or effectively requiring in some other reasonable way that their employees are vaccinated against Covid-19, in the following areas of employment-
a) Employees working in aged care facilities.
b) Employees working in domiciliary care who look after multiple elderly or otherwise extremely clinically vulnerable individuals on a routine basis.
c) Employees working in frontline healthcare roles where there is a high risk of transmission of Covid-19, particularly to individuals with exceptional vulnerability.

2. This legal protection for companies applies to requirements imposed on both new and longstanding employees.

3. Nothing in this legislation extends a blanket legal protection to companies imposing vaccine requirements beyond the areas of employment listed.

People's Regional Senate

Passed 8-0-1-0 in the People's House of Representatives

AN ACT
To strengthen the delivery of mental health care services to every Atlasian

Be it enacted in the CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA

Remote Medical Coverage Act

Section I.

1. Definitions

a. Distant site means a site at which a health care provider legally allowed to practice by providing health care services by means of telemedicine.

b. Site of origination means a site where the patients resides or at which a patient is located at the time health care services are provided to him or her by means of telemedicine.

c. Telehealth means the use of information and communications technologies consisting of telephones, remote patient monitoring devices or other electronic means which support clinical health care, provider consultation, patient and professional health-related education, public health, health administration, or other services.

d. Telemedicine is defined as a form of telehealth which is the delivery of clinical health care services by means of real time two-way audio, visual, or other telecommunications or electronic communications, including the application of secure video conferencing or store and forward transfer technology to provide or support healthcare delivery, which facilitate the assessment, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, education, care management and self-management of a patient's health care by a health care provider practicing within his or her scope of practice as would be practiced in-person with a patient, legally allowed to practice in the state while such patient is at an originating site and the health care provider is at a distant site.

Section II. Coverage and Administration

1. Each insurer proposing to issue individual or group accident and sickness insurance policies providing hospital, medical and surgical, or major medical coverage on an expense-incurred basis; each corporation providing individual or group accident and sickness subscription contracts; and each health maintenance organization providing a health care plan for health care services shall provide coverage for the cost of such health care services provided through telemedicine.

2. Each insurer proposing to issue individual or group accident and sickness insurance policies providing hospital, medical and surgical, or major medical coverage on an expense-incurred basis; each corporation providing individual or group accident and sickness subscription contracts; and each health maintenance organization providing a health care plan for health care services shall provide coverage for the cost of such health care services provided through telehealth as directed.

3. The federal government, shall, enabled by this legislation to assume the cost of telemedicine only through a fund established through financing from insurance premiums.

4.) Public healthcare plans created in the 'Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017' shall hereby include coverage for telehealth services.

People's Regional Senate

Passed 8-0-01 in the People's House of Representatives

Joint Resolution

Be it resolved in both Houses of Congress Assembled,
Congressional Resolution- People over Patents.

This resolution hereby urges the President of Atlasia and the Secretary of State to apply for the World Trade Organisation to provide a temporary waiver in relation to patents for coronavirus-19 vaccinations and treatments

People's Regional Senate

Passed 6-1-1-1 in the People's House of Representatives

AN ACT
To stop parasitic economic behavior by other nations
Be it enacted in both houses of Congress
Section 1; Title
1. This legislation may be cited as the "Penalties for Tax Shelter Nations Act"
Section 2; Amendment to More Fairness for Workers Act
1. The following requirement is added to section 3, clause 2 of the "More Fairness to Workers Act"-
"J.) The lack of an effective legal requirement for financial institutions to comply with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) or any further equivalent Atlasian legislation, so that the Atlasian government is prevented from accurately assessing the tax liabilities of its citizens."
Section 3; Implementation
1. This legislation shall take effect one year after its passage into law.
People's Regional Senate

Passed 5-3-0-1 in the People's House of Representatives

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2021, 10:33:00 AM »

Mr President, the following bill has passed both chambers and awaits your signature.
Quote from: Federal Game Procedure Amendments Act of 2021
AN ACT
to bring federal law in line with the Fifth Constitution
Be it enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

Section 1 (Title)
1. The title of this act shall be, the "Federal Game Procedure Amendments Act of 2021" It may be cited as the "FGPA Act 2021" or "FGPA 21".

Section 2 (Amendments to the Federal Electoral Act)
The Federal Electoral Act is hereby amended with the following substitutions:
Quote from: §2.2
Elections to the House of Representatives at-large Senate seats shall be held in the months...
Quote from: §2.2 (a)
Elections to the House for at-large Senate held in December shall be begin at...
Quote from: §2.3
Special elections to the House of Representatives at-large Senate seats, in accordance...
Quote from: §2.5
All candidates elected in special elections to the House of Representatives at-large Senate seats shall be eligible...
Quote from: §3.3
The declaration period for a special election for the House of Representatives at-large Senate shall begin...
Quote from: §3.4
The declaration period for any regularly scheduled or special election for the House of Representatives at-large Senate shall terminate...
Quote from: §5.3 (d)
During Presidential elections, the candidate listing for Presidential tickets and House of Representatives at-large Senate should be clearly separated...
Quote from: §6.2
Elections to the House of Representatives at-large Senate seats shall be conducted...
Quote from: §6.4
No write-in for the House of Representatives at-large Senate shall be considered...
Quote from: §7.2
Special elections for a single at-large Senate seat in the House of Representatives shall be conducted...
Quote from: §7.3
In elections for multiple at-large Senate seats in the House of Representatives, single transferable vote...
Quote from: §9.5
...with one ticket’s term of office coinciding with the Congress whose House of Representatives was Senate for which at-large seats were elected at the same election, and the other ticket’s term of office coinciding with the subsequent Congress Senate. ...
Quote from: §9.6
If, in a runoff for a single at-large Senate seat in the House of Representatives, both candidates have...

2. Section 10 of the Federal Electoral Act is hereby amended as follows:

1. Should a significant calamity in the operation of Atlasia occur, leaving the federal election authority portfolio unassigned, the Presidency vacant, and the Presidential line of succession completely empty, with too few members in either House of Congress the Senate to elect a presiding officer, then the moderators of the Atlas Fantasy Elections board and modadmins and administrators of the Atlas Forum are statutorily authorized to hold a special election(s) for the House of Representatives so that a Speaker to the Senate as necessary so that a presiding officer may be elected and elevated to the Presidency.

Section 3 (Other Amendments to Federal Law)

1. Section 4.2 of the Census Act is hereby repealed.

2. F.L. 7.1§1 (i), (iv) are hereby repealed and remaining subsections renumbered accordingly. All instances of "nor Speaker of the House of Representatives" are hereby stricken, as is the text "nor member of the House of Representatives" in subsection (v) [now renumbered subsection (iii)]. The text "nor member of Congress" in subsection (vi) [now renumbered subsection (iv)] is hereby amended to "nor Senator".

Section 4 (Addendum to the Common Market Agreement)

1. The following is added as an addendum to the Atlasia-UK Common Market Agreement:

For the purposes of subregional allocation, citizens of Atlasia residing in England and Wales shall be considered to reside within the Upper South subregion, citizens of Atlasia residing in Scotland shall be considered to reside within the Great Lakes subregion, and citizens of Atlasia residing in Nortern Ireland and Gibraltar shall be considered to reside within the Mountain West subregion.

Section 5 (Effective Date)

1. This bill shall go into effect immediately upon passage into law.

Passed 8-0-0-1 in the House of Representatives

Passed 6-0-0-0 in the people’s regional senate

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2021, 10:38:31 AM »

Mr President, the following constitutional amendment has passed both chambers and awaits your signature.

AMENDMENT II
To the Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia.

1. The Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia is amended as follows.

Quote from: Article X§2
1. In order to facilitate a clean transition to this constitution, upon ratification any scheduled regular elections for the bicameral Congress for a term beginning on July 2nd or later shall be cancelled.
2. Elections shall instead be held in June under the terms of this constitution for terms set to begin upon its taking effect. Elections for regional and at-large Senate shall be regular elections for their seats’ full terms of four and two months, respectively. Elections for subregional Senate shall be special elections to fill a partial term of two months; the first subregional Senate elections for a full term shall then take place in August.
3. Nothing in this Article or in the preceding Constitution shall be construed as to deny the right of any citizen to vote in the elections of June 2021 in the region and subregion of which they are a lawful resident, provided the term of their residency began on or before May 30, 2021.

Amendment explanation: This amendment allows Koopa to vote in the June senatorial elections.
Passed 8-0-0-1 in the People's House of Representatives

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-0-1-0 in the People's Regional Senate

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2021, 04:49:46 PM »

Signing statement

This makes some important changes to game statute to bring it in line with the new Constitution, most importantly giving subregion assignments to members residing in the UK under the terms of the common market agreement. I thank Congress for its quick passage ahead of the election.

Quote from: F.L. 30-06
Quote from: Federal Game Procedure Amendments Act of 2021
AN ACT
to bring federal law in line with the Fifth Constitution
Be it enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

Section 1 (Title)
1. The title of this act shall be, the "Federal Game Procedure Amendments Act of 2021" It may be cited as the "FGPA Act 2021" or "FGPA 21".

Section 2 (Amendments to the Federal Electoral Act)
The Federal Electoral Act is hereby amended with the following substitutions:
Quote from: §2.2
Elections to the House of Representatives at-large Senate seats shall be held in the months...
Quote from: §2.2 (a)
Elections to the House for at-large Senate held in December shall be begin at...
Quote from: §2.3
Special elections to the House of Representatives at-large Senate seats, in accordance...
Quote from: §2.5
All candidates elected in special elections to the House of Representatives at-large Senate seats shall be eligible...
Quote from: §3.3
The declaration period for a special election for the House of Representatives at-large Senate shall begin...
Quote from: §3.4
The declaration period for any regularly scheduled or special election for the House of Representatives at-large Senate shall terminate...
Quote from: §5.3 (d)
During Presidential elections, the candidate listing for Presidential tickets and House of Representatives at-large Senate should be clearly separated...
Quote from: §6.2
Elections to the House of Representatives at-large Senate seats shall be conducted...
Quote from: §6.4
No write-in for the House of Representatives at-large Senate shall be considered...
Quote from: §7.2
Special elections for a single at-large Senate seat in the House of Representatives shall be conducted...
Quote from: §7.3
In elections for multiple at-large Senate seats in the House of Representatives, single transferable vote...
Quote from: §9.5
...with one ticket’s term of office coinciding with the Congress whose House of Representatives was Senate for which at-large seats were elected at the same election, and the other ticket’s term of office coinciding with the subsequent Congress Senate. ...
Quote from: §9.6
If, in a runoff for a single at-large Senate seat in the House of Representatives, both candidates have...

2. Section 10 of the Federal Electoral Act is hereby amended as follows:

1. Should a significant calamity in the operation of Atlasia occur, leaving the federal election authority portfolio unassigned, the Presidency vacant, and the Presidential line of succession completely empty, with too few members in either House of Congress the Senate to elect a presiding officer, then the moderators of the Atlas Fantasy Elections board and modadmins and administrators of the Atlas Forum are statutorily authorized to hold a special election(s) for the House of Representatives so that a Speaker to the Senate as necessary so that a presiding officer may be elected and elevated to the Presidency.

Section 3 (Other Amendments to Federal Law)

1. Section 4.2 of the Census Act is hereby repealed.

2. F.L. 7.1§1 (i), (iv) are hereby repealed and remaining subsections renumbered accordingly. All instances of "nor Speaker of the House of Representatives" are hereby stricken, as is the text "nor member of the House of Representatives" in subsection (v) [now renumbered subsection (iii)]. The text "nor member of Congress" in subsection (vi) [now renumbered subsection (iv)] is hereby amended to "nor Senator".

Section 4 (Addendum to the Common Market Agreement)

1. The following is added as an addendum to the Atlasia-UK Common Market Agreement:

For the purposes of subregional allocation, citizens of Atlasia residing in England and Wales shall be considered to reside within the Upper South subregion, citizens of Atlasia residing in Scotland shall be considered to reside within the Great Lakes subregion, and citizens of Atlasia residing in Nortern Ireland and Gibraltar shall be considered to reside within the Mountain West subregion.

Section 5 (Effective Date)

1. This bill shall go into effect immediately upon passage into law.

Passed 8-0-0-1 in the House of Representatives

Passed 6-0-0-0 in the people’s regional senate

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2021, 12:34:22 AM »

Mr. President, this bill has passed both houses of congress and awaits your signature.

A BILL
To ease restrictions during the Covid pandemic.

Section I. Title

1. This bill may be known as the "Repeal of the Mask Mandate Act".

Section II. Content

1. F.L. 26-05, the Mask Mandate Act, is repealed in its entirety.
2. Nothing in this Act shall be interpreted as to invalidate actions taken to enforce it prior to its repeal.

Passed 8-0-0-1 in the Atlasian House assembled

People's Regional Senate

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2021, 07:34:53 PM »

Mr. President, this bill has passed both houses of congress and awaits your signature.

Quote from: Final Version
AN ACT OF CONGRESS
To respect the results of the Atlasian Flag Referendum

Section I: Title
1. The title of this bill shall be called the "Atlasian Flag Act of 2021"

Section II: Flag
1. The national flag as set out by the Federal Symbology Act of 2016 is hereby decomissioned.

2. The following design shall henceforth be the flag of the Republic of Atlasia:

Passed 5-2-0-2 in the House of Representatives

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2021, 12:03:25 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2021, 12:06:54 AM by President Sestak »

Quote from:  Executive Order 52-014
For his two years of continuing service as Lincoln's regional justice, and his long history of contributions to Atlasia's legal sphere,

Bacon King

is hereby awarded the Silver Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2021, 07:54:52 PM »

Quote from:  Executive Order 52-015
For having served the Southern region as a delegate continuously for two years and counting and always striving to keep the regional government active,

Reagente

is hereby awarded the Silver Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2021, 01:31:49 PM »

Signing statement

The recent pandemic has demonstrated to us more starkly than ever how necessary broadband access has become in this day and age. I am glad to sign this bill to improve our broadband infrastructure across the country.

Quote from: F.L. 30-07
SENATE BILL
To expand access to broadband

Be it enacted in Both Houses of Congress Assembled,
Lets Get Wired (LGW) Act

1.) This Act hereby recognises the importance of broadband and data access for communities across Atlasia, and recognises that too many communities still lack reliable, affordable and high quality broadband. This act takes the following steps to remedy this inequality.

2.) The Lets Get Wired Task-Force is hereby created to work alongside existing commissions , with an NPC chairman and 5 other representatives appointed by the President, along with one representative from each of Atlasia's region. This taskforce is hereby empowered to expand, improve and introduce high-speed broadband across Atlasia and its regions.

3.) $20 billion shall hereby be appropriated over the next 5 years to aims and objectives of the LGW Act. The $20 billion is hereby broken down in the following areas. 

3A.) $10 billion of this funding is for the up-front cost of installing new broadband route in areas currently not receiving an connection of least 25 megabits per second, an upload speed of at least 3 megabits per second.

3B.) $5 billion is hereby granted to the regions of Atlasia to spend on the improving and expanding broadband access.

3C.) $2 billion is hereby allocated for the installation of broadband for rural areas and areas under the oversight of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)

3D.) $1 billion is hereby allocated for a federal jobs training and apprenticeship scheme designed to train employees for the skills needed in the installation of broadband infrastructure.

3E.) $1 billion is hereby allocated for public schools and libraries to improve and expand broadband access.

3F.) $500 million is hereby allocated for hospitals and other medical facilities to invest, expand and improve tele-health programs for patients, with the funding designated for improving services for patients with historic difficulty in accessing broadband connections.

3EG) $500 million is hereby allocated to be granted to small business (those with less than 10 employees) to improve internet accessibility for the business, and for employees working from home. The maximum grant amount shall be capped at $5,000 per company. 

People's Regional Senate

Passed 7-0-0-2 in the People's House of Representatives

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2021, 01:35:43 PM »

Signing statement

The vaccination record cards serve as an important medical record, used by those in the medical field to make determinations on future treatments and vaccinations. Forging them should be prohibited.

Quote from: F.L. 30-08
AN ACT
To outlaw forgery of COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards

Be it enacted by the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia assembled
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the COVID-19 Vaccine Card Anti-Forgery Act.

Section 2. Outlawing the manufacturing and use of false COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards

1. It shall be a federal crime to create unauthorized COVID-19 Vaccination Record Cards, or to use a forged card for access to employment or private or public services.

2. Individuals convicted of violating Section 2.1 may be sentenced to no longer than one year in prison and/or a $25,000 fine.

Section 3; Protections in high-risk jobs
1. No law may be enacted in any part of the Republic of Atlasia, that prevents companies from requiring or effectively requiring in some other reasonable way that their employees are vaccinated against Covid-19, in the following areas of employment-
a) Employees working in aged care facilities.
b) Employees working in domiciliary care who look after multiple elderly or otherwise extremely clinically vulnerable individuals on a routine basis.
c) Employees working in frontline healthcare roles where there is a high risk of transmission of Covid-19, particularly to individuals with exceptional vulnerability.

2. This legal protection for companies applies to requirements imposed on both new and longstanding employees.

3. Nothing in this legislation extends a blanket legal protection to companies imposing vaccine requirements beyond the areas of employment listed.

People's Regional Senate

Passed 8-0-1-0 in the People's House of Representatives

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2021, 01:40:12 PM »

Signing statement

Again, remote medical coverage is an issue which has been highlighted further by the recent pandemic. I am happy to sign this legislation to ensure a minimum of coverage.

Quote from: F.L. 30-09
AN ACT
To strengthen the delivery of mental health care services to every Atlasian

Be it enacted in the CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA

Remote Medical Coverage Act

Section I.

1. Definitions

a. Distant site means a site at which a health care provider legally allowed to practice by providing health care services by means of telemedicine.

b. Site of origination means a site where the patients resides or at which a patient is located at the time health care services are provided to him or her by means of telemedicine.

c. Telehealth means the use of information and communications technologies consisting of telephones, remote patient monitoring devices or other electronic means which support clinical health care, provider consultation, patient and professional health-related education, public health, health administration, or other services.

d. Telemedicine is defined as a form of telehealth which is the delivery of clinical health care services by means of real time two-way audio, visual, or other telecommunications or electronic communications, including the application of secure video conferencing or store and forward transfer technology to provide or support healthcare delivery, which facilitate the assessment, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, education, care management and self-management of a patient's health care by a health care provider practicing within his or her scope of practice as would be practiced in-person with a patient, legally allowed to practice in the state while such patient is at an originating site and the health care provider is at a distant site.

Section II. Coverage and Administration

1. Each insurer proposing to issue individual or group accident and sickness insurance policies providing hospital, medical and surgical, or major medical coverage on an expense-incurred basis; each corporation providing individual or group accident and sickness subscription contracts; and each health maintenance organization providing a health care plan for health care services shall provide coverage for the cost of such health care services provided through telemedicine.

2. Each insurer proposing to issue individual or group accident and sickness insurance policies providing hospital, medical and surgical, or major medical coverage on an expense-incurred basis; each corporation providing individual or group accident and sickness subscription contracts; and each health maintenance organization providing a health care plan for health care services shall provide coverage for the cost of such health care services provided through telehealth as directed.

3. The federal government, shall, enabled by this legislation to assume the cost of telemedicine only through a fund established through financing from insurance premiums.

4.) Public healthcare plans created in the 'Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017' shall hereby include coverage for telehealth services.

People's Regional Senate

Passed 8-0-01 in the People's House of Representatives

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2021, 01:47:33 PM »

Signing statement

Ensuring our tax code cannot be cheated is of paramount importance; I am glad to sign legislation to prevent this.

Quote from: F.L. 30-10
AN ACT
To stop parasitic economic behavior by other nations
Section 1; Title
1. This legislation may be cited as the "Penalties for Tax Shelter Nations Act"
Section 2; Amendment to More Fairness for Workers Act
1. The following requirement is added to section 3, clause 2 of the "More Fairness to Workers Act"-
"J.) The lack of an effective legal requirement for financial institutions to comply with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) or any further equivalent Atlasian legislation, so that the Atlasian government is prevented from accurately assessing the tax liabilities of its citizens."
Section 3; Implementation
1. This legislation shall take effect one year after its passage into law.
People's Regional Senate

Passed 5-3-0-1 in the People's House of Representatives

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2021, 03:42:35 PM »

Mr President, the following bill has passed both houses of Congress and awaits your signature.
Quote from: Final Version
AN ACT
To protect the health of Atlasian workers and the wider community
Section 1: Title
1. This legislation may be cited as the "Medical Leave and Compensation Act of 2021"
Section 2: Amendment to the Coronavirus Containment and Emergency Response Act
1. Section 5b of the legislation is amended as follows-
"(b.) All employers must allow their workers to accrue seven at least ten annual days of paid sick leave, with an additional fourteen days available immediately in the event of public health emergencies.
2. A new clause shall be added to section 5 of the legislation-
"All employed people in Atlasia who are self-isolating to avoid spreading Covid-19, where required by law, shall be paid by the government their full wage for the entirety of their period of their required isolation."
a) This payment shall also apply if an individual misses at least one full day of work while self-isolating while waiting for the results of a Covid-19 test, even if they are not legally required to self-isolate.
b) This payment shall be capped at $45 an hour.
3. All persons who receive a notification from the DefeatCoronavirus app asking them to self-isolate, are otherwise notified by government contact tracers, or otherwise receive a positive Covid-19 test, shall be required to self-isolate for the following periods-
a) Five days, if they take a Covid-19 test five days or later into their self-isolation and that test result comes back negative.
b) Otherwise, fourteen days, or-if this is later than fourteen days-until they recover from Covid-19.
c) The maximum penalty per offense shall be a fine of $1,500 for a single period of required self isolation that is not followed, with the maximum penalty for repeat offenders (three or more breaches) being a fine of $15,000.
Section 3; Miscarriage Bereavement Leave
1. All employed people in Atlasia shall be entitled to up to three days of bereavement leave in the following circumstances-
a) On the unplanned end of their pregnancy through a miscarriage or still-birth, where this is not the result of use of abortion services.
b) On the unplanned end of another person's pregnancy through a miscarriage or still-birth, where this is not the result of the use of abortion services, in these circumstances-
i) Where they are the person's spouse or partner.
ii) Where they would have been the biological parent of a child born as a result of the pregnancy.
iii) Where they had officially undertaken to be the primary carer of a child born as a result of the pregnancy.
iv) Where they are the spouse or partner of a person who had officially undertaken to be the primary carer of a child born as a result of the pregnancy.
Section 4; Compensation for Live Organ Donors
1. "Qualifying donor" is a person who satisfies these conditions-
a) they will forgo earnings as a result of taking unpaid leave or otherwise ceasing employment to allow for their recuperation from the surgery
b) both the donor surgery and the surgery to implant the organ will be carried out in Atlasia
c) the organ will be collected, implanted, and dealt with lawfully
2. A qualifying donor is entitled to receive up to twelve weeks worth of compensation from the federal government for recovering from surgery after donating an organ.
a) The compensation may be ceased when the qualifying donor either returns to employment or is medically certified to be fit to return to their employment, even if this is earlier than twelve weeks after the surgery.
3. Compensation may be given before the surgery where the qualifying donor undertakes activities in preparation for the surgery if-
a) they would not reasonably be able to undertake these activities without taking leave from their employment for that period, and
b) these activities are medically necessary for the surgery to be successfully carried out.
4. All compensation legislated for in this section shall be set at the level of the qualifying donor's full wage for the period.
a) The compensation shall be capped at $45 an hour.
Section 5; Implementation
1. All provisions of this legislation shall come into effect immediately upon its passage into law.
2. No provision of this legislation shall expire at any declared end of the Covid-19 pandemic.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Passed 3-1-2-3 in the People's House of Representatives

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies