NJ-07: Malowinski Failed To Disclose Stock Trading
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:46:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-07: Malowinski Failed To Disclose Stock Trading
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-07: Malowinski Failed To Disclose Stock Trading  (Read 1373 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2021, 04:33:56 PM »

beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »

We won't see the effect of this electorally (if there is any effect) until new maps come out. Disappointing, however.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 04:48:56 PM »

Really wish Kean had won.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 04:49:35 PM »

Was it deliberate (&, thus, extremely hypocritical), or was it just an administrative oversight like Shalala's last year?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 07:06:52 PM »

This makes it even more likely that he gets thrown under the bus by Dems in redistricting.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 02:00:02 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 10:24:38 AM by Brittain33 »

imagine kean being any less corrupt lol
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 05:45:03 AM »

cringe. Leonard Lance would never
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 06:00:32 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 10:24:48 AM by Brittain33 »

I don’t understand your obsession against Kean. Did he hurt you as a child or something?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 06:04:29 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 10:25:05 AM by Brittain33 »

I don’t understand your obsession against Kean. Did he hurt you as a child or something?

I just checked and I have mentioned him in 5 out of my 13,335 posts over a span of many years. I don't think that constitutes an obsession lol.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 06:08:46 AM »

I just checked and I have mentioned him in 5 out of my 13,335 posts over a span of many years. I don't think that constitutes as an obsession lol.

I'd rather have Jeffrey Epstein here than Tom Kean

Definitely not an obsession.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 06:18:19 AM »

I just checked and I have mentioned him in 5 out of my 13,335 posts over a span of many years. I don't think that constitutes as an obsession lol.

I'd rather have Jeffrey Epstein here than Tom Kean

Definitely not an obsession.

You are right... it is not. I mentioned him 5 times in 4 years, big whoop. Secondly you are just stawmanning, I didn't even viciously attack him this time, I made a claim that the vast majority of dems would agree with (unlike the previous posts).
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 06:23:27 AM »

You are right... it is not. I mentioned him 5 times in 4 years, big whoop. Secondly you are just stawmanning, I didn't even viciously attack him this time, I made a claim that the vast majority of dems would agree with (unlike the previous posts).

You wouldn’t have said this about any other Republican (except Mike Garcia), and there’s no proof that the vast majority of Democrats agree with your post.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 06:27:22 AM »

You wouldn’t have said this about any other Republican (except Mike Garcia), and there’s no proof that the vast majority of Democrats agree with your post.

Actually Tim Scott, Matt Rosendale, and several others before your time on the forum which I got modded for lol.

As for the second point, no there is no definitive proof, but use your common sense ffs, ofc the vast majority of dems would see Kean as also being corrupt with decades in politics from a political family with who he takes contributions from like they would for scores of other republicans, don't be daft.
slothdem

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 06:14:37 PM »

Speaking as a district-native, this might actually further endear Tom to his constituents, many of whom practice insider trading regularly.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 07:05:26 PM »

Was it deliberate (&, thus, extremely hypocritical), or was it just an administrative oversight like Shalala's last year?

https://www.nj.com/politics/2021/03/nj-congressman-under-fire-for-failing-to-disclose-stock-trades.html

Malowinski claims it was his brokerage firm making the trades and he only became aware of them a month ago. So if you believe his explanation, it appears to be an administrative oversight.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 07:08:36 PM »

Our politicians were too busy trading on Covid to do anything about it.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 07:09:02 PM »

This makes it even more likely that he gets thrown under the bus by Dems in redistricting.

I'm worried Malowinski is going to get thrown under the bus regardless. My assumption is that NJ-11 and NJ-5 get shored up for democrats at the cost of NJ-7's competitiveness.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 07:10:01 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2021, 07:29:47 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Not good. But it almost doesn't matter since his district is almost certainly going to become a Republican vote sink which would have led to his retirement anyway.

Speaking as a district-native, this might actually further endear Tom to his constituents, many of whom practice insider trading regularly.

Very true.

I'm worried Malowinski is going to get thrown under the bus regardless. My assumption is that NJ-11 and NJ-5 get shored up for democrats at the cost of NJ-7's competitiveness.

This is very likely to happen, and probably even more certain now that Malinowski has some notable baggage. The New Jersey Democratic Party may not like drawing another GOP district, but in learning from the New Jersey GOP's mistakes ten years ago, it's a better trade-off than having a bunch of districts that only narrowly favor your party and may turn into a dummymander.
slothdem

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2021, 11:03:28 AM »

I don't know whether Democrats will draw an R sink in North Jersey, but there is zero reason to do so for reasons of competitiveness. In terms of pure persuasion, the three north jersey suburban districts have some of the strongest left trends in the country. New residents aren't flooding into this area like they are Loudoun or Cobb because of the high home prices. People are just switching their vote from R to D. Also, because of said high home prices, all three suburban districts will need to take on some new turf, and all three of the urban north jersey districts will need to shrink. North Jersey also needs to shed some population relative to the bottom half of the state, maybe have NJ-12 move into Hunterdon a bit. Just by adding some blue areas from 8/9/10 to 5/7/11 you make them significantly tougher lifts for R's. I don't know that all three last through the next decade, and Kean could potentially win 7, but the R's aren't going to be able to hold more than 1 long term, so there's no reason to concede a sink. At this point, a sink with Biden numbers isn't even that red, probably something like Trump +15.
HawkeyePierce
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »

Deserves a primary challenger. This is very disappointing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies