ayy lmao
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:47:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ayy lmao
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ayy lmao  (Read 802 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2021, 04:39:40 AM »

Imagine comparing a Biden +11 seat in Orange County with a Trump +11 seat in Upstate NY.

It’s amazing that Democrats are still having this petty and childish discourse about who is responsible for their underperformance in the House.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 04:41:55 AM »

I would like to know who the candidate that would've won the Montana Senate Race is if it wasn't Bullock.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 05:54:12 AM »

So is it Charles Booker who would've won Kentucky by energizing the base to such a degree that Mitch McConnell wouldn't even bother to file for reelection or Rocky Adkins whose Purple heart #populist Purple heart appeal would bring the ancestral Democrats home (but ofc he could only run and win if the DSCC allowed him to keep his abortion stance)?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 09:48:07 AM »

I don't think the back and forth here is about why Democrats underperformed in the House - seems more to me like folks are responding to the idea of running more moderate Senate candidates by highlighting that that's more or less exactly what happened to no effect, with the Porter/Brindisi comparison being a fairly bad case-in-point.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 12:46:03 PM »

Weren't Kara Eastman and Ilhan Omar the two Democratic House candidates that underperformed Biden the most?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 12:47:33 PM »

So is it Charles Booker who would've won Kentucky by energizing the base to such a degree that Mitch McConnell wouldn't even bother to file for reelection or Rocky Adkins whose Purple heart #populist Purple heart appeal would bring the ancestral Democrats home (but ofc he could only run and win if the DSCC allowed him to keep his abortion stance)?

To be fair, Booker seemed to have far more support from the state party than McGrath did. It wasn't just a bunch of progressives endorsing him, either.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 01:39:58 PM »

This crap is why I stay off Twitter
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 01:57:21 PM »

The argument of which ideology is more "electable" is always misguided, because it relies on tons of cherry-picking, and ignores the swaths of voters who don't vote based on ideology at all.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 06:08:47 PM »

If anyone thinks that Katie Porter could have outperformed Anthony Brindisi here they are out of their damn minds. She would have been lucky to lose by 10.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 09:42:27 PM »

I'm sorry but I agree with those tweets. Explain to me why all these Trump district Republicans who are neolib cucks lost, but Jared "Medicare 4 All" Golden won by double digits?

And please spare me the Crafts was a bad candidate argument. That wouldn't result in him so massively underperforming Trump.

Seriously, we know that the Dems' economic agenda is very popular per opinion polls and that things like "decency" or whatever it is that Blue Dogs run on aren't. All the Blue Dogs went down.

The argument of which ideology is more "electable" is always misguided, because it relies on tons of cherry-picking, and ignores the swaths of voters who don't vote based on ideology at all.

Correct. They vote on policy. And both Porter and Golden ran on popular Dem policies and won. It's why Bernie Sanders is the most popular Senator in the entire Senate. I don't get what people don't get about this? You run on policies that 70% of the population want like min. wage and you win.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 10:07:53 PM »

I'm sorry but I agree with those tweets. Explain to me why all these Trump district Republicans who are neolib cucks lost, but Jared "Medicare 4 All" Golden won by double digits?

And please spare me the Crafts was a bad candidate argument. That wouldn't result in him so massively underperforming Trump.

Seriously, we know that the Dems' economic agenda is very popular per opinion polls and that things like "decency" or whatever it is that Blue Dogs run on aren't. All the Blue Dogs went down.

Correct. They vote on policy. And both Porter and Golden ran on popular Dem policies and won. It's why Bernie Sanders is the most popular Senator in the entire Senate. I don't get what people don't get about this? You run on policies that 70% of the population want like min. wage and you win.
Have you looked at how Jared Golden is currently voting? and his messaging? He ran a very right-wing campagin with focus on issues such as touting his police union endorsements and veteran medical affairs.

Who exactly are these people who would vote for either a republican and a progressive democrat,  but not a moderate democrat ?

Frankly Progressive massively underperformed in their safe democratic districts.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 10:38:38 PM »

Everyone should stay off twitter.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2021, 10:40:43 PM »

The tweet disproves itself. Sure, Brindisi lost and Porter won, but Brindisi outperformed by 11 and Porter underperformed by 4. That's a 15 point difference in Brindisi's favor.

The (very obvious) reason the "neolib cucks" lost is that they held all the most vulnerable seats. They overperformed in the hardest territory we held, while porter underperformed in the blue-trending suburbs.

I also think it's funny that you're trying to cite Golden as being in the "progressive" camp and not the "neolib cuck" camp. Have you seen the way he votes? Signing onto a meaningless M4A bill doesn't suddenly make him super liberal. He voted against one of the articles of impeachment, voted against the stimulus package, and wouldn't endorse the Democrat in Maine's Senate race.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 10:41:18 PM »

The world would be a better place
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 11:13:48 PM »

As someone who is surrounded by these people almost every day and who has experience "interacting" with them on the campaign trail, I assure you that the voters we’re talking about here couldn’t define "neoliberalism" if their lives depended upon it. Yes, voters who base their decision on ideological and policy-related preferences exist and need to be targeted to the fullest, but never underestimate for how many it’s just about identity. Emily Cain's platform/voting record could have been identical to Jared Golden's to a T and there’s still absolutely no way she could have replicated his success in 2018. Don’t overthink it.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 12:14:45 AM »

As someone who is surrounded by these people almost every day and who has experience "interacting" with them on the campaign trail, I assure you that the voters we’re talking about here couldn’t define "neoliberalism" if their lives depended upon it. Yes, voters who base their decision on ideological and policy-related preferences exist and need to be targeted to the fullest, but never underestimate for how many it’s just about identity. Emily Cain's platform/voting record could have been identical to Jared Golden's to a T and there’s still absolutely no way she could have replicated his success in 2018. Don’t overthink it.
To be fair neither could most very online political people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies