Harvard/Harris national poll: Trump 52% Pence 18% Haley 7% Cruz 5%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Harvard/Harris national poll: Trump 52% Pence 18% Haley 7% Cruz 5%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harvard/Harris national poll: Trump 52% Pence 18% Haley 7% Cruz 5%  (Read 521 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2021, 04:39:48 PM »

Harvard/Harris national poll, conducted Feb. 23-25 (scroll down to page 64-65, and look at the crosstabs for Republicans only):

https://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/February2021_HHP_Crosstabs_RV.pdf

Trump 52%
Pence 18%
Haley 7%
Cruz 5%
Tim Scott 2%
Hawley 2%
Cotton 1%

If Trump doesn’t run:

Pence 41%
Cruz 16%
Haley 10%
Tim Scott 7%
Hawley 6%
Cotton 3%

Actually, I said this was taken Feb. 23-25.  But the writeup actually says Feb. 23-35, but I assume that’s a typo, since there is no Feb. 35, even in mega-leap years.

Oh, and here’s another “fun” poll result, asked of all respondents:

“Do you think Donald Trump won or Joe Biden won?”

all voters:
Biden 66%
Trump 34%

Democrats:
Biden 94%
Trump 6%

Republicans:
Trump 64%
Biden 36%

Independents:
Biden 64%
Trump 35%

I want to talk to the 6% of Dems who think Trump won.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 12:10:25 PM »

After opening that document, I couldn't face reading it in any detail, but I wonder why DeSantis wasn't included given how recently it was conducted. Maybe a lot of the 19% who went for 'someone else' without Trump said him, who knows.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 12:35:18 AM »

After opening that document, I couldn't face reading it in any detail, but I wonder why DeSantis wasn't included given how recently it was conducted. Maybe a lot of the 19% who went for 'someone else' without Trump said him, who knows.

This pollster doesn't seem to pay that much attention to the news.  For their Dem. primary polls in 2019, they were confused about which NYC mayor was running, and were including Bloomberg rather than de Blasio in their polls when de Blasio was running, and Bloomberg was like 6 months away from launching his campaign.  They also kept polling candidates like Swalwell and Gillibrand months after they dropped out of the race.  I don't think they pay enough attention to realize that DeSantis has gotten some media attention recently.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies