Can Hillary Clinton win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:47:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Can Hillary Clinton win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Hillary Clinton win?  (Read 10581 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: February 16, 2007, 08:29:52 PM »

Personally, I don't buy this idea that Hillary is unelectable. Sure, she's polarising, but so was Bush. She's seen as a radical, but so was Bush. A lot of people will vote against her, as many others did with Bush. No, I think she's in with a shout.

She is absolutely, positively electable.  Against ANY Democrat in the primary and against ANY Republican in the general.  You bet.

I am sure she's electable.

I am not sure she would be permitted to govern once elected.  And while that stinks to high heaven, it's reality.  The visceral hatred for all things Clinton among Republicans would hamstring her from the get-go. 

I know some conservatives will opine that  there is an equal hatred for all things Bush on the other side of the aisle.  I agree, but with the following qualifiers...

1.  The Clintons never got three thousand U.S. troops killed in a war whose primary goal was to enrich big campaign donors.  So while I don't condone hating The Decider personally, I certainly understand it a lot more readily than the irrational fear of the Clintons.

2.  The hatred for the Clintons was rooted largely in ideology and fear.  Hatred of the Decider, while unhealthy and unhelpful, is rooted in reaction to actual results. 

The old mantra, "When Clinton lied, no one died." is tired.  But apt.

What I can't grasp is why Republicans hate Mrs. Clinton even more than Bill. I just don't get it.  There have been hundreds of much more liberal, high-profile Democrats over the years.  Why hate Hillary?

All that said, I am not supporting her because of her stance on the war and because I know she won't be able to govern if she wins.  But you bet your sweet bippy she can win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies