DOUBLE DISSOLUTION (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DOUBLE DISSOLUTION (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think double dissolution should be considered?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: DOUBLE DISSOLUTION  (Read 1998 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: March 02, 2021, 06:40:10 AM »

This isn’t actually a solution but it was fun banter for a night based on what I just read on Discord overnight.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 12:52:31 PM »

For real this isn't at all realistic. Not just because of Yankee refusing to dissolve the Feds but Labor has such a strong culture ever since revival that I don't think is recognized and it's hard to break that up and as a result it's really far fetched to get an outcome that results in people on different sides GOTVing for each other. Getting some of the 2018 or earlier players to hang it up completely (something I had more or less done by mid-last year) and voluntarily (and presumably some of the recruits would fall of the rolls a well in turn especially our Discord recruits) is probably more realistic, though aside from possibly increasing the officeholder:active player ratio that doesn't address the root causes that the game has faced that I pointed out in another thread yesterday.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 01:22:20 PM »

Also, pre-dissolution, wasn't there an anti-JCP left at the very least which could create divides after that.

JCP's origins were a lot messier than Labor's because they initially ran 2 JCP/RPP tickets before becoming dominant. Furthermore, this forum is probably much more polarized now than it was back then due to IRL trends, which favors two massive dupolies.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 08:44:00 PM »

Why was this thread bumped?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies