Atlas Senate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:48:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Senate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Senate  (Read 34319 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: January 20, 2004, 11:10:16 AM »

NO! NO! NO!  Good heavens, I knew this (insert word PD would use here) would get out of control!!!!!!! NO!

I think that don is right.  That is going a little to far.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 12:02:25 PM »

I think there should be a senate, house and SCT in some way.  We then could put this with Presidency and VP and pass bill ( well talk about ones in congress), talk about roles of Presidencya nd SCT cases int eh real world with players here and make it practical and a way to discuss and learn ytthe topics of the day.

I'm sorry, I'm just not for the idea.  I'm not trying to get mine and then pull up the latter so no one else can get any.  I just think that we should stick with disscussion and stay away from that level of organization.  I don't expect anything out of being president other than to have fun and represent the forum.  That's all.  That being said, I think that a whole government would be hazardous to the forum and may cause some GOOD, COMITTED members to leave.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 12:03:21 PM »

Besides, as was mentioned before, we are all like a Senate/Congress.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 12:05:44 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2004, 12:06:13 PM by supersoulty »

I fact, so that we can keep elections "Because this is fun".  I propose that one year (or whenever we decide) from now, we hold a new election and I will NOT run if elected this time.  That way we can get some new blood.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 12:18:14 PM »

NO! NO! NO!  Good heavens, I knew this (insert word PD would use here) would get out of control!!!!!!! NO!

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful!" -- Mae West

Too, much of a good thing can become decadent.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 12:19:25 PM »

Too much of a good thing can get old after a while.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 12:19:42 PM »

Think about that.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 12:42:49 PM »

Everything I've said.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 06:59:01 PM »

Why are all the conservatives against the proposal? They'd probably win.

I think if we had 10 region, split in a way that each region had 3 states one party and two the other, and that each party had an equal number of "3" states, it could be a good race.

Make it so that only ppl from that region can vote, and they have to vote in their post, rather then a poll.

It'll give us something to do when the presidential election is over.

I'll create a district map Smiley

Please, I don't think this is a good idea.  We may lose valuible members if we do this.  The unity of the forum is what I care about.  I don't want GOOD, COMMITED people to leave because we have taken this to far.  Like I said, we should hold another Presidential election in a year or so and I will NOT run for re-election if I win, that way we can get some new people involved.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2004, 10:08:18 PM »

My suggestion would be for the folks here who want to do a sim to create a new board just for that purpose.  Miami, didn't you have a board you were trying to get people to come to or was that someone else? Smiley

I think that most of the conservatives here are here because they want to discuss real politics.  Sure, if I were a lefty, I'd probably want to hide myself in a sim too.. but you guys shouldn't give up hope.  I mean, there's always Mass... no, wait they have a Republican Governor... well there's always Verm... no, Republican governor and state chamber there too.  Ah, I've got it... for you Democrats, there's always DC.  You'll always win there and won't have to worry about us spoiling your fun.  Ok, except for the two Republican DC councilpersons Smiley

Like I've said before, I've had my sim experience and was glad to have it.  But I want to talk with you guys about what is really happening in the world and I enjoy your opinions.  If a good number of you want to participate in a sim, then I think there is certainly enough knowledge among you to create one that you could control, set standards for, and manage.  You could name it and set up forums for the different parties and organizations if you wanted to go all out.  But I would just plead with you to not turn this forum into a sim.  I think it changes the whole character of the site and I like it the way it is now.
I agree. I think the only sim we should have is the presidential elections.

I agree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies