Rashida Talib vs Marjorie Taylor Greene
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:56:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rashida Talib vs Marjorie Taylor Greene
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you vote for/who wins?
Talib/Talib

Talib/Greene

Greene/Talib

Greene/Greene

Other/Talib

Other/Greene

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Rashida Talib vs Marjorie Taylor Greene  (Read 1276 times)
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »

Talib/Talib, I think she'd win narrowly (and take Greene's home state) although I imagine there'd be a pretty respectable showing from a third party candidate.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 10:08:01 AM »

I'd vote third party but I think Greene would do better than expected. People think 'wow! she will turn off so many moderate Rs' but in that case much of the turning off has already happened and the remainder of the GOP might still turn out for her in sizeable numbers because she isn't anathema to them.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 10:06:42 PM »

Something like this:

But if this happens:
Proud Houstonian
Proud Houstianan
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 09:01:19 PM »

The Map: https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=7wjw
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:53:43 PM »

Tlaib narrowly wins.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 11:57:32 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 12:29:04 AM »

John Kasich/Angus King (I) 40% 312 EV
Rashida Talib/Keith Ellison (D) 30% 125 EV
Marjorie Taylor-Greene/Matt Gaetz (R) 29% 104 EV
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 04:41:29 PM »

I would vote independent or third party, and a good third-party or independent candidate with good funding (in the mould of Ross Perot), could potentially win.

However, there's a problem for Democrats. Their base is composed of more moderate voters in places like Orange County and Maricopa County, who could very plausibly depart from the base en masse to support a vyable independent or third party candidate, depriving Tlaib of key votes. All she would have is loyal Democrats as well as progressives. On the other hand, Greene would likely keep much of the base. Most of them are mad(ly pro-Trump) anyway, and with the exception of some rural/urban voters and many suburban voters who reluctantly voted for Trump in 2020, I could see most supporting Greene - a fellow Trump fanatic and 'populist.' And to add to that, the GOP's calling cry is to take down the 'radical left' - a term used to unite the base against mainstream Democrats like Biden and Harris. It can be used highly effectively against Tlaib, a truly radical Democrat who is probably the worst fear of many rural Trump voters. To put it another way, the Republicans have a smaller but much more loyal, devoted and radical base (with little inclination to support a moderate and high reason to detest Tlaib), while Democrats have a more moderate and less loyal base. So while Greene's path to 270 is very foggy, and quite possibly nonexistent (especially if a third-paty candidate or independent runs), I can see her potentially doing surprisingly well against Tlaib. Tlaib's saviour could be turbocharged turnout among young progressives who have disdain for Greene (and progressives generally). Greene is also doomed if Trump decides to disavow her (very unlikely) or run as an independent candidate himself (possible, though I don't know why he wouldn't just run for the nomination of his cult), which would splinter the base in a very similar fashion to the way Theodore Roosevelt did in 1912, paving the way for Wilson's (in this case a generic Democrat's) victory. (In my defense, as a general rule, I avoid comparing an environmentalist, progressive, reformer and beloved president to a twice-impeached wannabe dictator.)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 08:29:12 PM »

I actually think there's a pretty decent chance Greene wins. Republicans voted en masse for a racist, mentally unstable game show host. He beat one mainstream democrat and came disturbingly close to beating another. They're much more willing to hold the line and vote for the worst of their party.

I wouldn't vote, I'd be getting my emigration paperwork in order, but yeah, I think there's a decent chance Tlaib bleeds more dem votes than MTG bleeds rep votes.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2021, 07:20:11 AM »

John Kasich/Angus King (I) 40% 312 EV
Rashida Talib/Keith Ellison (D) 30% 125 EV
Marjorie Taylor-Greene/Matt Gaetz (R) 29% 104 EV

I would hope this would be the outcome. I would be an enthusiastic Kasich voter in such a scenario.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies