MA-1 2022: Morse out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:20:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-1 2022: Morse out
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-1 2022: Morse out  (Read 748 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2021, 06:27:42 PM »

First major news of one of the likely primary opportunities of the cycle. Apparently Alex Morse has chosen to take a job as Provincetown's town manager, which puts him far out of the district.

Electorally, I think this is a good thing. Even without the scandal, Neal ran up the margins way too well in Springfield for him to lose. I believe the road to beating Neal runs through Springfield.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 06:30:07 PM »

Has Richard Neal done anything to actually earn a primary challenge?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 06:49:27 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2021, 07:14:21 PM by sawx »

Has Richard Neal done anything to actually earn a primary challenge?

Killing bills regulating surprise medical billing, generally receiving a lot of donations from Wall Street and Big Pharma. Right now he apparently tried to cut the unemployment extension by a month.

There's also a lot of anger on the left towards the MADP over what they believe to be them ratf**king Morse, which is a completely different discussion where the truth probably falls in the middle.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 08:46:57 PM »

I remember there was a whole bunch of people here defending what Morse did. Apparently there was alot of double think as  to why it's justified for a lecturer to have affairs with their students
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 09:23:44 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2021, 06:24:53 AM by Brittain33 »

I remember there was a whole bunch of people here defending what Morse did. Apparently there was alot of double think as  to why it's justified for a lecturer to have affairs with their students

He wasn’t a lecturer having an affair with his students, he was a mayor teaching a course one night a week as a guest who may have dated some students who weren’t in his class, and it was played up for anti-gay ick by officials in the Democratic Party. There was nothing unethical about what he did. When I was an undergraduate I dated a grad student who taught classes and since I was never in his class it wasn’t an issue.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 10:36:28 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2021, 10:50:53 PM by sawx »

I remember there was a whole bunch of people here defending what Morse did. Apparently there was alot of double think as  to why it's justified for a lecturer to have affairs with their students

He had sex with students at the college he taught at, but not any of his students in his class. Not technically in violation of any policies, but still frowned upon by some in society. I don't have a problem with it after hearing testimony from some of the gays on here, but I'd understand why others would.

Even then, after reading the full exchanges and context from the UMass report, I do believe Abramson and definitely could see why he would interpret Morse's messages as flirting. I think Ennis was 100% motivated by his own job prospects with Neal to share it and partially manipulated his friend, and we know the MADP's thoughts, but Abramson's intentions were genuine.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 10:15:12 AM »

Yet another uninformed take from you. Do you even inform yourself or think before typing?
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 11:45:50 AM »

Really really far out of district. Surprising. I'm sure Neal will be challenged but Morse was a very strong candidate for this district.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 11:49:08 AM »

Really really far out of district. Surprising.

Provincetown is a gay male mecca in the same way that Northampton is a lesbian mecca so it's not as surprising as it could be. I do not mean that dismissively or stereotypically; I've been to Provincetown several times and I think the community and its culture are a great fit for Morse's political and personal profile.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 12:01:50 PM »

Provincetown is a gay male mecca in the same way that Northampton is a lesbian mecca so it's not as surprising as it could be. I do not mean that dismissively or stereotypically; I've been to Provincetown several times and I think the community and its culture are a great fit for Morse's political and personal profile.

Was in Provincetown this Summer, absolutely a gay Mecca, and also a Portuguese Mecca. Great combination!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2021, 12:37:11 PM »

Was in Provincetown this Summer, absolutely a gay Mecca, and also a Portuguese Mecca. Great combination!

Yeah, those Azorean-style fishing boats are really picturesque, and some of them still haul in cod and bass and haddock for local restaurants to this day!
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 12:47:45 PM »

How popular is Neal in his district?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 02:28:50 PM »

Very, although it changed geography a lot in the last redistricting.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 03:06:50 PM »

Very, although it changed geography a lot in the last redistricting.
If Neal is pretty popular, isn’t it likely that he’s safe?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies