SB 28-20: Fixed Tipped Minimum Wage Laws Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:53:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 28-20: Fixed Tipped Minimum Wage Laws Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 28-20: Fixed Tipped Minimum Wage Laws Act (Passed)  (Read 928 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: March 01, 2021, 09:16:21 PM »

Hi, folks. For my advocacy, I'll give a brief explanation of the legislative history behind this.

In 2017, President dfw signed the Tipped Minimum Wage Abolition Act of 2017. This bill immediately abolished the tipped minimum wage -- no graduated steps, no waiting period. Just abolished it.

In 2018, Yankee signed the Tipped Employee Protection Act of 2018. Apparently unaware that the tipped minimum wage was already repealed, Congress passed a scheme to gradually ramp up the tipped minimum wage. In doing so, it lowered the tipped minimum wage to $5. With the $2 increase in FY 2021, it currently stands at $7 -- well below the "normal" minimum wage.

All Atlasians deserve a living wage. I urge Congress to rectify this error, and ensure that all employees are treated equally.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 01:22:35 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies