NRCC to target 5 seats held by democrats in Texas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:23:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NRCC to target 5 seats held by democrats in Texas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NRCC to target 5 seats held by democrats in Texas  (Read 1525 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 01:49:25 AM »

TX-07 is very much winnable if Sarah Davis runs. Otherwise, probably not.
I was thinking the same thing.

I'm wondering if they will run Wesley Hunt again. I think it will either be him or Cindy Siegel, former mayor of Bellaire and current Harris County GOP chair.

I very much expect them to go with Hunt again.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 02:34:58 AM »

The Energy crisis hurt Rs chances at defeating D inc in the House

They don't care, these used to always win these places in their heads, so they think it will continue as such forever and these loses were just temporary things. Trends don't exist for these people.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 02:51:15 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2021, 03:12:53 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

The Energy crisis hurt Rs chances at defeating D inc in the House

They don't care, these used to always win these places in their heads, so they think it will continue as such forever and these loses were just temporary things. Trends don't exist for these people.

HEGAR ran a bad campaign last time 2020/ and Trump was on the ballot, as we saw in GA, Rs don't turn out as much when Trump was on the ballot

Our Congressial races will do alot better than HEGAR

Also, Graham, and Cornyn and Marshall and Ernst and Daines all got a bump from the ACB nomination.  

That's why Collins survived eventhough she voted against her.

WC Females turned out more Trumpian, due to ACB and then the Insurrectionists happened Jan 6th, now Trump is back to Floyd levels of support among WC females and Minorities whom are in nursing homes taking care of elderly from Covid

Trump and DeSantis last week memorialized Rush Limbaugh while McCarthy and Mcconnell were in DC memorializing with Biden Covid victims

Trump didn't say one word about Covid victims and neither DeSANTIS whom both won't have a difficult time winning FL but has to win MI with liberal AA in Dtw in 2024, whom want to beat Biden or Harris as Prez

WC females and Minorities don't care about CPAC, they care about Covid and Stimulus, only Evangelical males care about CPAC
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 10:04:45 AM »

Will be interesting to see what the narrative will be if after Election Day 2022 the Dem reps in the RGV win by convincing margins.

Yea this whole things stinks of a red mirage.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2021, 10:07:32 AM »

Everyone is gonna be vaccinated and it's only a matter of time bars and STDs are open to fans

Can't wait until STDs are open for business again.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2021, 11:41:57 AM »

Allred and Fletcher?

Do these idiots ever learn?

Also Woodbury, you still haven’t left the site for a year, please do.

Allred won by 5 and Fletcher by 3 in a D+4 year. If you assume that 2022 will be an R wave they will be competitive, if not even outright lean R. As of now I'd temptatively rate TX-32 as Lean D and TX-07  as tossup

If anything the 3 South Texas seats are iffier as they are much more dependent on trends that materialized overnight and perhaps incumbency could save those representatives. Or perhaps they fall asleep at the wheel. As of now I'd rate TX-15 as tossup (or even Lean R), TX-34 as Lean D and TX-28 as Likely D.

Then again this depends on redistricting too. Adjusting for that I guess Allred and Fletcher would be Likely D? (if not outright Safe); while I guess Republicans will draw 1 or 2 sinks in South Texas and leave a third competitive district.
UncleSam

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2021, 02:47:59 PM »

Allred and Fletcher?

Do these idiots ever learn?

Also Woodbury, you still haven’t left the site for a year, please do.

Allred won by 5 and Fletcher by 3 in a D+4 year. If you assume that 2022 will be an R wave they will be competitive, if not even outright lean R. As of now I'd temptatively rate TX-32 as Lean D and TX-07  as tossup

If anything the 3 South Texas seats are iffier as they are much more dependent on trends that materialized overnight and perhaps incumbency could save those representatives. Or perhaps they fall asleep at the wheel. As of now I'd rate TX-15 as tossup (or even Lean R), TX-34 as Lean D and TX-28 as Likely D.

Then again this depends on redistricting too. Adjusting for that I guess Allred and Fletcher would be Likely D? (if not outright Safe); while I guess Republicans will draw 1 or 2 sinks in South Texas and leave a third competitive district.
Ya it all depends on redistributing. My guess is they draw one of Allred or Fletcher into a sink and one into a Lean R district to try to take them out before they get entrenched. Then they draw two RGV sinks and a Lean R district down there and try to draw the rest of the D incumbents into sinks. Frankly I think the Texas GOP is going to dummymander the hell out of it but who knows without seeing the map.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies