Were You Shocked By Trump Overperforming In Florida?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:01:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Were You Shocked By Trump Overperforming In Florida?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Polls before the election pointed to Biden narrowly winning Florida of course with the possibility Trump would win it again. But the results showed that Trump overperformed in the state and improved on his 2016 margins with a margin of 3.36%. And it surpr
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Were You Shocked By Trump Overperforming In Florida?  (Read 1844 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2021, 01:53:19 AM »

In hindsight, Trump winning Florida (by a lot, even) was practically written in the stars. Aside from terrible polls, all the evidence on the ground indicated that Republicans had an advantage. They were making big gains in voter registration, were over-performing in the early vote, seemed to be making big gains with Cubans, and had the advantage of a good ground game as opposed to none at all. I was surprised by the disaster in Florida, but I really shouldn't have been.

The warning signs were there in 2018. A shockingly large amount of Clinton voters in Miami-Dade flipped to Ron DeSantis and Rick Scott. Were it not for them, they both would have lost.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 08:25:37 AM »

No.  What really shocked me is Hussein winning it twice. 
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2021, 01:51:45 PM »

In hindsight, Trump winning Florida (by a lot, even) was practically written in the stars. Aside from terrible polls, all the evidence on the ground indicated that Republicans had an advantage. They were making big gains in voter registration, were over-performing in the early vote, seemed to be making big gains with Cubans, and had the advantage of a good ground game as opposed to none at all. I was surprised by the disaster in Florida, but I really shouldn't have been.
Not to mention how democrats were doing sh*tty in the Miami-Dade early vote, and how Democrats somehow lost FL in D+9 2018.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 01:43:47 PM »

I expected him to win the state by a 2-3 margin but the Miami-Dade result really shocked me. I thought he would keep it below 20% but I never expected it to be within single digits.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies