JOINT ACT: Streamliing Congressional Debate Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:35:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JOINT ACT: Streamliing Congressional Debate Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JOINT ACT: Streamliing Congressional Debate Act (Passed)  (Read 1493 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« on: February 26, 2021, 08:01:57 PM »

Hi folks. I’m sorry that it’s come to this, but the reform we passed a few months ago must be repealed immediately. This cannot wait a month, a week, or even a day.

I have spent literally hours today working through this rules change with Scott and other Congressmen. Nobody understands it. The reform was intended to make the VP’s job easier, but instead it’s made it virtually impossible. The exchange between chambers is so complicated that multiple bills have already been sent to the wrong place, erroneously passed, and more. I was barely capable of administrating under this system and I designed it.

If you do not pass this immediately, future VPs will be forced to choose between following the rules and their own sanity. Nobody will be capable of doing the job. PLEASE vote aye.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 11:12:50 PM »

sh**t happens. The important thing is to just admit that we screwed up, and fix it before the consequences go from bad to horrendous. Thankfully we are on track to do this.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 12:27:22 AM »

Argument for constitutionality is pretty simple, I think. Even though this was erroneously titled "act," the actual substance, content, and context of the legislation makes it clear that it was intended to be a resolution.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 12:29:08 AM »

If a majority of both chambers approves the resolution, I would argue that constitutes implicit approval of the process as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies