FT 19.04 The Fremont Parks and Recreation Act of 2021 (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 19.04 The Fremont Parks and Recreation Act of 2021 (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 19.04 The Fremont Parks and Recreation Act of 2021 (Statute)  (Read 510 times)
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« on: February 26, 2021, 02:46:05 AM »

This is good, in general. I am worried about substance abuse in public parks, which may happen in places where crime is already high. Children and families should be able to enjoy public parks. Is there a way this act can deal with that problem?
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 03:32:29 AM »

I suppose information could be posted about addiction treatment and recovery centers, parks could hold pain management activities like yoga, and/or staff could be trained on how to deal with overdoses/stocked up on overdose reversal drugs like Naloxone and Narcan?

Yes, for example. Maybe we should perhaps also keep in mind that substance abuse, and substance abuse in public places, in particular, is a more complicated issue. It should not be the aim of this bill to completely solve this issue, but some parks already have a problem with used needles and syringes, so I think it would be better if the bill addresses this in some form.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 07:48:51 AM »

No, but I don't think that this was anyone's suggestion. As I stated earlier, it is not the mission of this park bill to solve the issue of substance abuse in its entirety. This bill looks good as it is, and while it would be nice to have some provision dealing with the discussion we had here, I understand the sponsor's reluctance to offer one. Also, after some consideration, I admit that it probably might anyway be better to have a bill against substance abuse in public parks on its own rather than having a half-baked solution as an of an appropriations bill (though I would refer to a more senior member of the game with a better knowledge of the drug laws of Frémont and Atlasia).

Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 09:38:52 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies