FT 19.03 Amendment to the Electoral Procedures 2.0 Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:40:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 19.03 Amendment to the Electoral Procedures 2.0 Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 19.03 Amendment to the Electoral Procedures 2.0 Act (Statute)  (Read 605 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: February 25, 2021, 09:26:12 PM »

So some backstory to how this got put into place in the first place.

In the past we'd flood the ballot with candidates who were running for offices to increase the size of Parliament. This would fail for 2 reasons.

1. Large Parliaments are not amazing places to foster new talent as their size can lead to people getting lost in the crowd).
2. At such size, it can be harder to find adequate replacements especially in a region this small because the talent pool is depleted, and with more people in Parliament, there are bound to be more turnover and in turn weekly (our election laws were different at the time) by-elections.

April 2019 was the tipping point in which Jimmy and fhtagn were both elected to Parliament and proceeded to the House (with ASV losing the lone House seat). SBS then resigned setting up 3 vacancies and our efforts to recruit people for the open seats fell short. So we had to call a snap just to downsize Parliament and ram through a series of election bills and amendments to fix this, including this one.

However, this change has prevented people from running from House and Senate at the same time as well as making meme presidential runs while running for a more serious office which I think is a step too far.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:04:48 PM »

Oh now I see what I did.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 04:31:42 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2021, 05:02:56 PM by YE »

I assume you're sponsoring Sestak's amendment then from a procedural standpoint.

No objections.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 05:17:17 PM »

From a procedural standpoint, an amendment is not a bill so I’d argue otherwise and probably not a great precedent to set but I also don’t want to be harsh with this
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 12:29:03 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies