FT 19.03 Amendment to the Electoral Procedures 2.0 Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:47:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 19.03 Amendment to the Electoral Procedures 2.0 Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 19.03 Amendment to the Electoral Procedures 2.0 Act (Statute)  (Read 608 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: February 25, 2021, 10:56:18 PM »

I agree with the intent of this bill. It needs to be worded differently, however, because as written it inadvertently deletes guidelines for ballot access in races for Senate and first minister. If the member from Nevada is amenable I would propose the following amendment.

vii. All such candidates as shall have met the requirements imposed by Article V of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont, and being eligible to hold the office for which they are a candidate, shall be included on the sample ballot, except if a candidate for the House of Commons should also be a candidate for another office under this commonwealth or the Republic of Atlasia in an election which occurs the same weekend, in which case they should not be included.

[/quote]
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 10:31:00 PM »

Invoking my ministerial prerogative to modify the language of the adopted amendment, because stylistically I really hate the phrase "on-ballot candidate." This does not change the substance of the proposal.

vii. All such candidates as shall have met the requirements imposed by Article V of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Fremont, and being eligible to hold the office for which they are a candidate, shall be included on the sample ballot, except if a candidate for the House of Commons should also be a candidate (excluding write-in candidacies) for another office under this commonwealth or the Republic of Atlasia (other than the presidency or vice presidency) in an election which occurs the same weekend, in which case they should not be included.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 04:02:33 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies