What if Cuomo had replaced Biden?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:50:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What if Cuomo had replaced Biden?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if Cuomo had replaced Biden?  (Read 1347 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2021, 08:00:01 PM »

Let's say all those #resistance idiots got their wish in March/April of last year. Biden steps down as the nominee and is replaced by Andrew Cuomo. Cuomo still picks Harris as his VP.

Discuss with maps. Would the nursing home scandal have gotten mass attention earlier?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 08:08:56 PM »

That would have been a pointless disaster even if the nursing home scandal never came out by election day.

As much as the pandemic ultimately doomed Trump's re-election chances, he still managed to save face somewhat by painting Biden as the face of the lock-downs and as someone who would keep the economy weak because of them. It isn't hard to imagine that being even more effective against a prominent governor like Cuomo.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 10:02:05 PM »

2016 Map with Red NV and Blue NE-02
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 11:23:42 PM »

Cuomo collapses, Trump wins, and I flee NY forever out of shame.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 02:04:03 AM »

Instead of the grumbling we had from True Leftists under Biden there would have been open revolt with Cuomo at the top of the ticket. The Democratic $h*tshow would have turned into a mass circular firing squad.  The country is too polarized for a true landslide but the Traitor Tot would have had an unquestioned electoral college win and probably would have even won the popular vote under that scenario.  

The Traitor Tot wins reelection with a modestly larger (+6 to +11) EC margin than his 2016 win.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 01:04:53 PM »

Were there really many “#resistance idiots” calling for this? The only people I saw talk about it were dumbass pundits like Chris Cillizza and the kinds of idiots on PredictIt who also thought Hillary would somehow win the nomination. I saw little to no actual Democratic voters supporting this.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 01:13:35 PM »

If he actually wins the actual nursing home thing would never be opened and just kept as a right wing conspiracy theory.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 01:17:46 PM »

Lol Cuomo whom had kids by Kerry Kennedy doesn't want his kids involved in politics, he said this during Pandemic briefings so he will never be Prez, when Hillary became the heir apparent instead of Cuomo in 2008 when Kerry lost in 2004

If  Kerry would of won Jesse Jackson Jr could of been Prez instead of Obama after Blago tried to sell Jackson Obama Senate seat
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 12:07:37 AM »

I saw little to no actual Democratic voters supporting this.

That was also my impression.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 06:20:14 AM »

Lol the Club for Growth and Rassmussen managed to get poll results saying Democratic voters wanted Cuomo over Biden.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/democrats-want-to-drop-joe-biden-for-andrew-cuomo-poll-finds/amp/
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »

I vote for Trump with no second thoughts.

Biden was [and currently is]  mostly useless, and he deserved the House shellacking and edge-of-ring Senate results...but he is largely rationally handling COVID right now, and that's the only reason Trump didn't take my vote.

Cuomo mitigates that entirely.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 01:08:08 PM »

Biden was [and currently is]  mostly useless, and he deserved the House shellacking and edge-of-ring Senate results...but he is largely rationally handling COVID right now, and that's the only reason Trump didn't take my vote.

Uh... I don’t think BIDEN was the reason for the “House shellacking” seeing as he outran House Dems basically everywhere.

Also, very strange way to describe an election in which we won a trifecta. If it makes you feel better, I guess...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 07:08:57 PM »

Biden was [and currently is]  mostly useless, and he deserved the House shellacking and edge-of-ring Senate results...but he is largely rationally handling COVID right now, and that's the only reason Trump didn't take my vote.

Roll Eyes
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 07:56:41 PM »

I saw little to no actual Democratic voters supporting this.

That was also my impression.

The support was minimal, but it was there, particularly when the Tara Reade story was at its peak relevance.

I actually have a friend I saw during the summer who supported nominating Cuomo over Biden at that point but changed his mind and hopped aboard the Biden train after feeling more assured that Biden could win shortly after Reade's allegations fell apart and lost the already tenuous coverage it had. 
Motorcity

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 08:47:06 PM »

This is only possible IF....

-Biden, Sanders, and Warren all die of COVID in Spring 2019. Warren would have been the only acceptable compromise candidate to both the progressive and moderate wings so she needs to die alongside Biden and Sanders

-COVID is much worst and kills 2 million people like predicted. Because it burns out much faster, the epidemic is ended much faster with herd immunity.

Cuomo is now a national hero but I’d barely selected over Harris in a digital open convention.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 12:55:04 PM »

If you listened to his press briefings he has family issues with Kerry Kennedy not his kids and he is divorced from her and never claimed like Arnie Scharzenegger that he was a Kennedy

That would be exposed in a Prez campaign, he isnt liberal either
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 05:52:49 PM »

Uh... I don’t think BIDEN was the reason for the “House shellacking” seeing as he outran House Dems basically everywhere.

He absolutely was part of the problem. He literally told people to vote for both him and Republicans for Congress. The whole moderate Republican messaging thing/obsession was a terrible strategy that turned out voters he didn't end up needing because it turned off voters who would've voted for him and Ds downballot. A lot of people he ended up courting were better off for Dems just staying home.

In re: the original question, I think we probably would've seen more nursing home noise earlier on, more women than even now calling out sexual harassment, more left defections, and a catastrophic loss for the party. I also don't think it was ever plausible. Had Biden been incapacitated the party would've either been forced to nominate Bernie or maybeeeee some "unity" figure like Stacey Abrams. Cuomo would've (correctly) appeared to be a corporate coup the moment anybody did an unflattering story on him (which they would've if he was the nominee), and the party is run by some dummies but nobody *that* dumb.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 06:41:42 AM »

As I stated above he had a messy divorce with Kerry Kennedy and it will expose his sexual affairs and he would be Bill Clinton not Joe Biden
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 03:46:37 PM »

He absolutely was part of the problem. He literally told people to vote for both him and Republicans for Congress. The whole moderate Republican messaging thing/obsession was a terrible strategy that turned out voters he didn't end up needing because it turned off voters who would've voted for him and Ds downballot. A lot of people he ended up courting were better off for Dems just staying home.

In re: the original question, I think we probably would've seen more nursing home noise earlier on, more women than even now calling out sexual harassment, more left defections, and a catastrophic loss for the party. I also don't think it was ever plausible. Had Biden been incapacitated the party would've either been forced to nominate Bernie or maybeeeee some "unity" figure like Stacey Abrams. Cuomo would've (correctly) appeared to be a corporate coup the moment anybody did an unflattering story on him (which they would've if he was the nominee), and the party is run by some dummies but nobody *that* dumb.
When did Biden tell people to vote for republicans for congress? You should put the blame on congressional democrats on underperforming

The issue was with the polling being very off(once again like in 2016), changing expectations of the total outcome. And democrats getting ahead of themselves on alot of the racial/police issues during the summer(defund the police etc)

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 02:08:33 AM »

Cuomo might not even be Gov after he cheated on Kerry Kennedy and has kids by her and is Bill Clinton, they are divorced

Hopefully, he leaves office and we have a new Gov that can be more liberal on Redistricting
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies