Why were there so many bad takes about Kanye West?

<< < (3/3)

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
Quote from: Spray 'Em All 2023 / I Am Hose Man on January 25, 2023, 07:59:36 PM

Did Kanye even run a real campaign, though? Did he buy a lot of ads or spend money on voter persuasion of any kind? Did he have offices or staffers? Did he make an effort to make it to the debates? Legitimately asking, because I didn't pay much attention to his campaign-- but from how I remember it, he didn't do any of these things, and I'm sure he could've won some percentage of the vote if he'd put in some effort. His ceiling might've been really low, but the floor for pretty much any famous celebrity in this country is probably at least 2%.

Kanye was on the ballot for about 20% of voters so for him to get 2% he'd have to average about 10% on the states where he was on the ballot. Obviously not happening.

Stranger in a strange land:
Quote from: I will not be your victim, I will not bathe in your flames on January 26, 2023, 02:17:46 PM

Quote from: Spray 'Em All 2023 / I Am Hose Man on January 25, 2023, 07:59:36 PM

Did Kanye even run a real campaign, though? Did he buy a lot of ads or spend money on voter persuasion of any kind? Did he have offices or staffers? Did he make an effort to make it to the debates? Legitimately asking, because I didn't pay much attention to his campaign-- but from how I remember it, he didn't do any of these things, and I'm sure he could've won some percentage of the vote if he'd put in some effort. His ceiling might've been really low, but the floor for pretty much any famous celebrity in this country is probably at least 2%.

Kanye was on the ballot for about 20% of voters so for him to get 2% he'd have to average about 10% on the states where he was on the ballot. Obviously not happening.

He didn't even get 2% (or close to it) in an state where he was on the ballot.

Interlocutor is just not there yet:
A combination of this forums worst tendencies: Complete ignorance of black voters and complete distrust of young voters.

Add lack of awareness about current popular culture & hip-hop and you get folks panicking about Biden losing because of "That popular rapper who called Bush racist and interrupted Taylor Swift".

Ragnaroni:
He was a meme candidate and I'm really glad he didn't win near anything. Man went down the crazy "da joos" hole which is unacceptable these days. Its the same thing with the Liberatarian party, lots of people want to vote for them but "this election is too important to waste my vote on a party that'll never win a race or even a county".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page