McConnell will back Trump as 2024 GOP nominee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:57:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  McConnell will back Trump as 2024 GOP nominee
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: McConnell will back Trump as 2024 GOP nominee  (Read 1452 times)
neostassenite31
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2021, 07:31:04 PM »

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who just weeks ago excoriated former President Trump on the Senate floor, blaming him for the riot at the Capitol, on Thursday said he would back Trump if he wins the party's 2024 presidential nomination. ... ...

Also the response from Lindsey Graham:
"Very good statement by Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell tonight on @FoxNews indicating that he’s bullish on the Republican Party’s future in 2022 and beyond and is looking forward not backwards," Graham tweeted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/540625-mcconnell-says-hed-back-trump-as-2024-gop-nominee
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 08:02:01 PM »

flip flop mcconnell
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 08:16:30 PM »

Grifter Mitch back at it again!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 08:17:18 PM »

Calling McConnell a turtle is an insult to the entire species-turtles are vertebrates.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 08:25:52 PM »

Calling McConnell a turtle is an insult to the entire species-turtles are vertebrates.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 09:34:29 PM »

Sad!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 09:39:18 PM »

McConnell and Graham are the biggest cucks in the Senate. I can't think of a more spineless pair of losers.

Then again, Paul is a sellout on most things too and Susan Collins just does whatever's best for Susan Collins, so the competition there is stiff.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 10:08:07 PM »

I feel like Republicans are very forgiving of each other. Trump sent supporters to murder his VP, Mike Pence, and yet Pence still forgave him. Trump unnecessarily demoted McConnell and yet he still sucks up to him. Trump gives Susan Collins a near heart attack (being concerned/troubled) everyday and she still refuses to denounce him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 10:17:28 PM »

Who cares the Senate maps that include Bob Casey Jr and John Fetterman with PA as the Keystone state to the Election will be the end all be all to the Election, as long as Ds have those two, we aren't losing and Fetterman not Keyenatta is gonna be the nominee, there are multiple candidates running to split the Philly vote just like the LG race

PA is key to the whole Election
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 10:21:33 PM »

He wants his trifecta back most of all, of course he'd support the Republican nominee. It's wrong but not a surprise. He, like most of the establishment, will still prefer that someone else is the nominee, it remains to be seen if they have their act together in the 2024 primaries.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 10:50:57 PM »

I feel like Republicans are very forgiving of each other. Trump sent supporters to murder his VP, Mike Pence, and yet Pence still forgave him. Trump unnecessarily demoted McConnell and yet he still sucks up to him. Trump gives Susan Collins a near heart attack (being concerned/troubled) everyday and she still refuses to denounce him.

They’re obviously forgiving of the leader.  Republicans are so bizarre.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 10:53:17 PM »

Whatever it takes for them to OWN THE LIBS!
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 10:55:18 PM »

I'm no apologist for Susan Collins but I can't think of much more of a denouncement of Trump than voting to convict him, which she did.

I think where the confusion comes from is that they have decades worth of the "Thou Shalt Not Speak Ill of Any Fellow Republican" commandment ingrained into their minds, but their leader doesn't follow that rule at all so it's a weird double standard in their party because of it.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 11:02:41 PM »

I'm no apologist for Susan Collins but I can't think of much more of a denouncement of Trump than voting to convict him, which she did.

I think where the confusion comes from is that they have decades worth of the "Thou Shalt Not Speak Ill of Any Fellow Republican" commandment ingrained into their minds, but their leader doesn't follow that rule at all so it's a weird double standard in their party because of it.

Every day, I become more and more convinced that the nomination is Trump's if he wants it, and that he will be the nominee again in 2024.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 12:07:18 AM »

THEN WHY BOTHER MAKING THAT SPEECH AFTER THE IMPEACHMENT VOTE??

Why are they so freaking beholden to this guy? There are countless Republicans who would be better at effecting GOP policy.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 12:17:03 AM »

Why are they so freaking beholden to this guy? There are countless Republicans who would be better at effecting GOP policy.

Republicans in disarray.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 12:26:39 AM »

Because Trump is unfortunately still extremely popular with the GOP base.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 12:37:53 AM »

To be fair, I guess we can interpret the speech as an argument that he shouldn't be the nominee. I wish McConnell and the establishment considered Trump the greater evil to a Democrat President, but we just have to hope that Trump doesn't make it to the general election again (he has a great chance but there is lots of uncertainty).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 12:42:28 AM »

Because Trump is unfortunately still extremely popular with the GOP base.

Because the Rs have Vulnerable seats up in purple states PA, NC, NH,OH and AZ and Trump isn't popular in those states and the D's are favored as of now to hold onto our Majority, by next yr, with a Biden boom Economy, the Congress will have  moved even further to the D side

Naturally, now in. Recession the D's are only slight favors.

Let the Rs have Trump, he never had an approval over 40 just like Bush W after Katrina that's why Ds got 60 votes

WC females not Evangelicals are the swing votes that's why PA, WI, MI have female statewide officials like Whitmer that Hillary wasn't able to get due to Benghazi
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2021, 12:43:15 AM »

Loved this line, made me chuckle.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2021, 08:31:08 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QryuTpPh5Yk

Here's some evidence. It's honestly heartbreaking she won re-election since now she'll have to be dissapointed for another 4 years. I may not like Susan Collins, but it's difficult to see her so down all the time.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2021, 08:37:38 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QryuTpPh5Yk

Here's some evidence. It's honestly heartbreaking she won re-election since now she'll have to be dissapointed for another 4 years. I may not like Susan Collins, but it's difficult to see her so down all the time.

It'd be interesting to see how she'd treat Trump if he were to win in 2024. I would expect she'd be heavily recruited to running for reelection since 2026 would be a big danger in the Senate, but I don't know how well she'd do in a Trump midterm if she's seen as his ally.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 08:48:38 AM »

What a cuck.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2021, 09:44:49 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2021, 09:49:45 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

We have better candidates than in 2020 and will beat the Rs it's not 2010 anymore

Our candidates like Sifton and Ryan and Jackson are very similar to Eric Canter and Paul Ryan that appeal to WC females, they vote D eventhough their Evangelical spouse vote R

It's very hypocritical that R recognize that Paul Ryan was a likeable guy, but Sifton or Tim Ryan or Jackson aren't. They are all likeable

But, then again they say Evers won't win while Johnson will win and both are elderly

Just like Biden can't be Prez at age 82 in 2024 but Trump can

But Harris will be the 47th Prez she isn't scandalous like Hillary

We have the best candidates like 2006  and Galloway, HEGAR and Greenfield arenit Ryan, Sifton or Jackson
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2021, 09:53:36 AM »

Surprising no one, McConnell is a moral coward. To hell with democracy and the rule of law as long as I get insane deregulation, Federalist Society judges and tax breaks for the top 1%.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies