Atlas Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:51:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Atlas Senate  (Read 34456 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2004, 08:43:31 PM »

NO SENATE! NO SENATE! NO SENATE! IT'S A BAD IDEA! BAD IDEA!

Calm down, I think we got it.
PD
pd

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2004, 08:44:16 PM »

I just want to make sure it does not happen.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2004, 08:46:11 PM »

I just want to make sure it does not happen.

Please do it by constructive posts then.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2004, 08:51:48 PM »

You can voice your opinion by voting 'no' in this poll.  You can also create multiple screen names (something you are quite familiar with) and commit voer fraud (something you are quite familiar with) until 'no' is winning this poll.
PD
pd

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2004, 09:38:40 PM »

You can voice your opinion by voting 'no' in this poll.  You can also create multiple screen names (something you are quite familiar with) and commit voer fraud (something you are quite familiar with) until 'no' is winning this poll.
That's it. I'm done being nice with you. F**K You! I DID NOT COMMIT VOTER FRAUD, FOR THE LAST TIME! ASS!
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2004, 09:42:20 PM »

My suggestion would be for the folks here who want to do a sim to create a new board just for that purpose.  Miami, didn't you have a board you were trying to get people to come to or was that someone else? Smiley

I think that most of the conservatives here are here because they want to discuss real politics.  Sure, if I were a lefty, I'd probably want to hide myself in a sim too.. but you guys shouldn't give up hope.  I mean, there's always Mass... no, wait they have a Republican Governor... well there's always Verm... no, Republican governor and state chamber there too.  Ah, I've got it... for you Democrats, there's always DC.  You'll always win there and won't have to worry about us spoiling your fun.  Ok, except for the two Republican DC councilpersons Smiley

Like I've said before, I've had my sim experience and was glad to have it.  But I want to talk with you guys about what is really happening in the world and I enjoy your opinions.  If a good number of you want to participate in a sim, then I think there is certainly enough knowledge among you to create one that you could control, set standards for, and manage.  You could name it and set up forums for the different parties and organizations if you wanted to go all out.  But I would just plead with you to not turn this forum into a sim.  I think it changes the whole character of the site and I like it the way it is now.
PD
pd

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2004, 09:46:01 PM »

My suggestion would be for the folks here who want to do a sim to create a new board just for that purpose.  Miami, didn't you have a board you were trying to get people to come to or was that someone else? Smiley

I think that most of the conservatives here are here because they want to discuss real politics.  Sure, if I were a lefty, I'd probably want to hide myself in a sim too.. but you guys shouldn't give up hope.  I mean, there's always Mass... no, wait they have a Republican Governor... well there's always Verm... no, Republican governor and state chamber there too.  Ah, I've got it... for you Democrats, there's always DC.  You'll always win there and won't have to worry about us spoiling your fun.  Ok, except for the two Republican DC councilpersons Smiley

Like I've said before, I've had my sim experience and was glad to have it.  But I want to talk with you guys about what is really happening in the world and I enjoy your opinions.  If a good number of you want to participate in a sim, then I think there is certainly enough knowledge among you to create one that you could control, set standards for, and manage.  You could name it and set up forums for the different parties and organizations if you wanted to go all out.  But I would just plead with you to not turn this forum into a sim.  I think it changes the whole character of the site and I like it the way it is now.
I agree. I think the only sim we should have is the presidential elections.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2004, 10:08:18 PM »

I agree. I think the only sim we should have is the presidential elections.

I agree.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2004, 10:17:26 PM »

people people, i started this thread, no need to aruge, its just a conseus its nothign offical here, however the yes is winning over no
PD
pd

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2004, 10:43:44 PM »

people people, i started this thread, no need to aruge, its just a conseus its nothign offical here, however the yes is winning over no

I CAN SEE THAT! That doesn't mean it's going to happen, though.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2004, 10:48:34 PM »

I CAN SEE THAT! That doesn't mean it's going to happen, though.

Remember all of you, it takes two to argue, and it only takes one to stop an argument.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2004, 11:07:02 AM »

PD-Firstly, the Yes vote is winning anyway. Secondly, i'mm just giving a (republican favourable) map and basic framework, if we choose to go ahead. Thirdly, there are better ways to get people to do what you want then yealling at them.
I wasn't talking to you when I said that. I just don't want a Senate. I will probably keep interjecting like that until it's over.

Why? This might be why people find you juvenile. Meaning childish btw, so as to avoid misunderstandings.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2004, 11:09:01 AM »

I agree that it shouldn't be brought too far. However, I am not sure about how this interferes with the rest of the forum?

And that cheap shot at us poor Democrats is just, well...cheap! Wink Didn't you learn not to kick people who're lying down? Sad
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2004, 06:21:48 PM »

Well. There obviously won't be Atlas Senate?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2004, 06:38:43 PM »

I wouldn't say that, more people voted for, than against.

There will not be a serious one, no. That isn't the current purpose of the forum.
PD
pd

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2004, 06:49:14 PM »

That doesn't mean anything.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2004, 06:55:23 PM »

So, apparently Democracy doesn't mean anything anymore.  OK I'm moving to China then, where it does.  Wink

If you ask your fellow party member Opebo, democracy is mob rule, and it's good to keep it in check... Wink

I have a PM who praised China for its "political stability"
PD
pd

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2004, 06:56:01 PM »

So, apparently Democracy doesn't mean anything anymore.  OK I'm moving to China then, where it does.  Wink
The question is if there is any INTEREST. This is not an election. Go ahead and move to China, where democracy doesn't mean a damn thing.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2004, 06:56:47 PM »

The question is if there is any INTEREST. This is not an election. Go ahead and move to China, where democracy doesn't mean a damn thing.

You should try and learn to spot sarcasms and jokes...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2004, 06:57:56 PM »

If you ask your fellow party member Opebo, democracy is mob rule, and it's good to keep it in check... Wink

lol, Political Stability eh?  I'm giving China 20 to 30 years at the most to last as a Communist state.  I believe the people there will eventually see what their country is actually capable of, and they'll move.

China can't really be called a Communist state. THey're more fascist. They actually embrace capitalism now, even in official rethorics.
PD
pd

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2004, 06:58:23 PM »

lol, Political Stability eh?  I'm giving China 20 to 30 years at the most to last as a Communist state.  I believe the people there will eventually see what their country is actually capable of, and they'll move.
Hopefully they'll revolt.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2004, 07:02:17 PM »

That's what I was implying.

They won't. Their economy is improving and that will keep people happy for a while. Slow internal progress is more likely and would be better as well.
PD
pd

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2004, 07:04:17 PM »

They won't. Their economy is improving and that will keep people happy for a while. Slow internal progress is more likely and would be better as well.
It would be better if they had a different government.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2004, 06:12:20 AM »

It would be better if they had a different government.

Yes, of course, unless it would be a hard-line Communist government or something equally bad. But  don't see a government change happening anytime soon.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2004, 09:00:31 PM »

Yes, it would be better if they had a new govt.; but at the moment, their govt. is at least existant. A nation of 1.4 billion people, under revolt, would screw up the whole worlds economy, especially asia's, for many many years.

A slower transition to an open, western-style democracy should be the route-and it is; with the WTO, opening up to the world, the Beijing olympics, etc.

China is far from perfect, but it is better then it was 20 years ago, and in 20 more years it will be better again, if we continue down this path.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies