NH-UNH: Sununu narrowly leads Hassan, Ayotte trails, Bolduc/Lewandowski behind by double digits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  NH-UNH: Sununu narrowly leads Hassan, Ayotte trails, Bolduc/Lewandowski behind by double digits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: NH-UNH: Sununu narrowly leads Hassan, Ayotte trails, Bolduc/Lewandowski behind by double digits  (Read 1733 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2021, 11:49:25 AM »
« edited: February 25, 2021, 11:55:28 AM by VAR »

February 18-22
1676 likely voters
MoE: 2.4%

Sununu (R) 48%
Hassan (D, inc.) 46%
Other 2%
Don’t know/undecided 5%

Hassan (D, inc.) 48%
Ayotte (R) 43%
Other 3%
Don’t know/undecided 6%

Hassan (D, inc.) 52%
Bolduc (R) 39%
Other 2%
Don’t know/undecided 7%

Hassan (D, inc.) 53%
Lewandowski (R) 34%
Other 3%
Don’t know/undecided 9%

Favorabilities:

Hassan: 42/38 (+4)
Sununu: 55/19 (+36)
Ayotte: 29/30 (-1)
Bolduc: 13/18 (-5)
Lewandowski: 16/36 (-20)

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/unhsenatepoll-1614221938.pdf
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:50:54 AM »

Hassan is gonna win with these poll numbers, Sununu isn't the prohibited fav
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 12:08:09 PM »

Not great numbers for Sununu, should show that his approval ratings aren't a shoo in for anything.

This is a tossup, and I go as far to estimate Hassan should have the long term edge here.

Note: This is also the polling firm from my election game. Ahahahaha.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 12:10:01 PM »

These are relatively poor results for Sununu/the GOP (worse than I expected) given Hassan's underwhelming favorability numbers and Sununu's sky-high approval rating. Hassan is vulnerable, but the fundamentals of the state work against the GOP here in a way they don’t (or at least do far less) in AZ/NV, which is why I don’t buy that Hassan is (especially 'by far') the most vulnerable D incumbent even if she attracts a top-tier recruit. I’m not basing this on this or any other poll (especially from UNH), but underestimating the state's strong and stubborn Democratic lean at the federal level is foolish.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 12:11:24 PM »

These are relatively poor results for Sununu/the GOP (worse than I expected) given Hassan's underwhelming favorability numbers and Sununu's sky-high approval rating. Hassan is vulnerable, but the fundamentals of the state work against the GOP here in a way they don’t (or at least do far less) in AZ/NV, which is why I don’t buy that Hassan is (especially 'by far') the most vulnerable D incumbent even if she attracts a top-tier recruit. I’m not basing this on this or any other poll (especially from UNH), but underestimating the state's strong and stubborn Democratic lean at the federal level is foolish.

Ah, old IndyRep is back! Glorious news! The Angry Women will never give in! Cheesy
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 12:13:12 PM »

Surprisingly decent numbers for Hassan.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 12:16:55 PM »

I really do see New Hampshire ending up more like Massachusetts and Vermont in the future. It's a state that is educated, secular, and socially libertarian, not exactly where the GOP is at right now.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 12:17:21 PM »

It goes to show that Sununu could definitely turn into the Republican version of Steve Bullock or Mike Sullivan should he decide to challenge Hassan.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 12:20:57 PM »

Bullock lost due to fact Green New Deal hurt his chances in Oil enriched MT and so did Boiler.

If Joe Kennedy won the primary instead of Market, Joe Kennedy would of campaigned for Bullock they were friends and Green New Deal wouldn't have damaged Bullock as much.

That's why I am supporting Fetterman he can campaign for other D's not just himself.

No one wanted Market or Kenynetta to campaign for them

Joe Kennedy and Fetterman will campaign for other Ds
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 12:24:21 PM »

This makes me feel a bit better about Hassan's odds; Sununu's numbers are probably best right now before he announces his campaign. That said, Hassan isn't doing herself any favors by opposing the minimum wage increase.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 12:33:07 PM »

There is always the risk of this being a Weld situation like in 1996. A popular Governor doesn't always translate that popularity to a Senate bid, especially when the state is hostile territory overall for that party.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 12:39:44 PM »

Also worth noting that University of New Hampshire actually underestimated Shaheen in their final polls for 2020.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 12:44:55 PM »

Ah, old IndyRep is back! Glorious news! The Angry Women will never give in! Cheesy

I’ve been trying hard to restrain myself since 2018 in particular, but yes, Van Ostern losing by so much more than Molly Kelly was certainly... interesting, now wasn’t it? 7% of NH women are 'undecided' in this poll, as opposed to only 3% of NH men. Will be sad to see Sununu fall behind once Hassan ramps up her misandrist dog whistling 'unlocking New Hampshire women's potential'/'protecting Granite Staters' reproductive rights' campaign. Cry

But tell me more about how Republicans need to run fiscally responsible, 'pro-choice' Republicans like Scott Brown and Chris Sununu to appeal to middle-aged Nashua women who listen to Cyndi Lauper on vinyl and think the GOP is a misogynist hate group.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s because NH is a blue state and not the absurdly elastic and unpredictable swing state people are making it out to be?
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 12:46:49 PM »

We're NOT having this discourse in February 2021.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 12:51:29 PM »

I don't think these are wholly bad numbers for Sununu himself as the discussion might make out, but not as good as could've been. They are much better than the numbers for Ayotte, and Bolduc and Lewandowski would be terrible candidates as it stands.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 01:02:52 PM »

I really do see New Hampshire ending up more like Massachusetts and Vermont in the future. It's a state that is educated, secular, and socially libertarian, not exactly where the GOP is at right now.

It’s also a state where the GOP is extremely reliant on suburban/exurban strength (and many of those areas are quite affluent and/or home to Democratic-leaning commuters and/or prone to a moderate/liberal brand of conservatism which the GOP is increasingly abandoning, at least rhetorically) along the MA border and where even the potentially R-trending parts of the state in NH-02 are some of the most culturally liberal and/or educated rural/small-town areas of New England, which means that Democrats can always count on a solid floor there (unlike in ME-02). Really the only R-trending part of the state is probably the North Country at this point, but that’s obviously nowhere near enough to counteract the bleeding elsewhere.

NH has long been an anomaly and really doesn’t fit in with the current GOP coalition, not unlike what IA used to be for Democrats. Sununu may still win this race, but the fact that he needs everything to go his way doesn’t exactly inspire confidence about the state's long-term political trajectory. I do think the Senate races in NH and IA in 2014 were signs of things to come.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 01:06:40 PM »

I’ve been trying hard to restrain myself since 2018 in particular,

Has it really been that long?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 01:22:04 PM »

Yeah if Sununu wins he's not going to win by much but I still feel he would be favored provided he doesn't cower to the right wingers in the legislature
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 01:23:37 PM »

MT-SEN 2020.

Next!
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 02:03:59 PM »

I mentioned this in another thread, but if Sununu's internal numbers look like these, it's really easy to see him opting for an easy reelection over a much more difficult Senate race.

On an unrelated note, I'm a bit surprised to see Ayotte's overall name recognition so low. According to the writeup, only 3% of voters don't know Hassan and 0% don't know Sununu, but 17% don't know Ayotte. This is quite high for someone who is only a few years out of office, after previously holding statewide posts for quite some time beforehand.
kwabbit

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »

Very underwhelming for Sununu. If he was up by 10, then he would be more sure to run but up by 2 is a gamble. We'll have to wonder what this race will look like in 6 months.

I feel like if the Republican 'wave' ever materializes, it might come as a late surge a la 2014. Biden and the Democrats are going to have a lot of good news for the next year; it wouldn't surprise me for Biden to be at +15 approval on 1/20/22. When Biden has good approval, Democrats will be looking strong for 2022.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 02:53:00 PM »

Guys, this is UNH.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 03:00:04 PM »

I can't tell if you are trying to disparage their polling or compliment it, anyway their final poll was Biden+8, Shaheen+11 so, decently accurate at least last year.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 03:00:05 PM »

Yeah I expected Sununu to have a stronger lead. On the other hand, this is likely a high point for Democrats in the national environment. By November 2022 the national environment is likely to shift to the right, maybe Sununu loses some personal popularity boost but makes up for it with the midterm environment shift. We'll need to see more polling for this race.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 03:01:34 PM »

Their last 2020 poll was Biden+8, Shaheen+11. Not sure what the problem is.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies