Seinfeld characters: FF or HP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Seinfeld characters: FF or HP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Seinfeld characters: FF or HP?
Jerry: FF

Jerry: HP

George: FF

George: HP

Elaine: FF

Elaine: HP

Kramer: FF

Kramer: HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Seinfeld characters: FF or HP?  (Read 292 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:02:36 AM »

Jerry is lean FF, Kramer is a clear FF (albeit a very eccentric one), Elaine is lean HP, George is a clear HP.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 05:06:20 AM »

All of them are FF, but Newman is my absolute favorite. 
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 05:19:25 AM »

What's the deal with BRTD threads?
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 08:25:10 AM »

The entire beauty of the show is that they're all strong HPs, but in a way that we all have indulged in.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 09:06:46 AM »

The entire beauty of the show is that they're all strong HPs, but in a way that we all have indulged in.

This, although if we're grading them on a curve Kramer is the least despicable (ironic given what a bigoted jerk his actor is).
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 06:56:05 PM »

All HPs, but FF show. The fact that they’re all terrible people is part of the fun.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 07:07:56 PM »

All are great characters but horrible people. That was like the whole point of the finale, which I for one liked even though I know many people hated it. It summed up the show perfectly.

Also yes Kramer is probably the closest to a decent person, but still has his share of shady dealings and actions.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 12:49:57 PM »

Where's the love for Newman?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 12:53:02 PM »

This, although if we're grading them on a curve Kramer is the least despicable (ironic given what a bigoted jerk his actor is).

Yeah, one would expect that Michael Richards would've been nearly as successful as Seinfeld after the show ended, but he was relegated to standup comedy where the... incident occurred. Sad, really.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 01:17:48 PM »

Nathan gets it right. Kramer is the only one among the four who does anything with a non-selfish motive at any point during the show. For the other three, it takes a serious misviewing to rate them as anything but HPs.

"The Hamptons" is a great example of this. Kramer acquires (read: steals) a huge haul of lobsters to share with everyone and convinces Jerry's girlfriend not to violate her religious commitments--which he himself does not share--with no obvious ulterior motive for doing so. Meanwhile, George and Jerry are trying to see each other's girlfriends naked, Elaine is trying to figure out if she should be insulted by someone's overuse of the word "breathtaking", and all three are trying to avoid the baby they ostensibly came to the Hamptons to see in the first place.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 02:12:21 PM »

Nathan gets it right. Kramer is the only one among the four who does anything with a non-selfish motive at any point during the show. For the other three, it takes a serious misviewing to rate them as anything but HPs.

"The Hamptons" is a great example of this. Kramer acquires (read: steals) a huge haul of lobsters to share with everyone and convinces Jerry's girlfriend not to violate her religious commitments--which he himself does not share--with no obvious ulterior motive for doing so. Meanwhile, George and Jerry are trying to see each other's girlfriends naked, Elaine is trying to figure out if she should be insulted by someone's overuse of the word "breathtaking", and all three are trying to avoid the baby they ostensibly came to the Hamptons to see in the first place.

Regardless of one's personal views on circumcision, I think that Kramer's concern for the health of the baby in "The Bris" while Jerry and Elaine simply sleepwalk through the social obligation of the titular ceremony, including hiring the irascible and incompetent mohel that causes so much discontent, while George's only concern about the suicidal mental patient is that he damaged his car (and thus seeks to get the hospital to pay for it), clearly demonstrates that while he's just as bumbling as the rest of them in practice, his heart is in a higher place. The case of the "pig-man" is more debatable, but even his strange fantastic projection onto the character shows that there is some desire to do good in him.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 02:52:27 PM »

Jerry is an HP, Elaine is lean HP, Kramer is lean FF and George is all over the map. None are true FFs.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 03:30:48 PM »

Jerry is an HP, Elaine is lean HP, Kramer is lean FF and George is all over the map. None are true FFs.

I think George is much more of a straight-up HP than Jerry. Who at least can put on a veneer of respectability, despite how shallow he is. I guess you could prefer George’s completely shameless approach to life as more direct and honest though. But... most of the absolute worst and most heartless things in the show were done by George. He’s a borderline sociopath. And I say this despite the fact that he’s one of my favorite characters in anything of all-time.

Also, didn’t Kramer call that baby in the Hamptons ugly and say it looks like Lyndon Johnson? I guess you could admire his honesty over talking behind the parents’ backs like the others did, but still... Actually, I’ve always kinda thought Kramer was somewhere on the autism spectrum. Between his total lack of filter, eccentricity, and lack of social and spatial awareness, it adds up pretty well and explains a lot.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies