Who would win each state with this map?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:50:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who would win each state with this map?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would win each state with this map?  (Read 385 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2021, 10:18:19 PM »
« edited: February 25, 2021, 10:18:39 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 01:07:48 AM »

Not possible with the current alignment, it's lol tier outside of a fantasy timeline.

You also forgot to fill in all of coastal Maine, Orange CA, a county in eastern MD, and didn't bother with AK or HI. I can imagine one or two tied counties, even big ones like Orange CA, but all of coastal Maine? Nope.

Here's my guesses for all the states. Some are less certain than others (NH is obvious, NM/VT/WY are clearly GOP, AZ/FL are clearly D, unsure about OH as I've just now noticed that Franklin (Columbus) is R, TN might be close). Several I didn't bother filling in.

Is there some sort of method to this madness? Because I can only tell that it is madness.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 08:43:33 AM »

Garfield County, Montana, where Trump got 94% in 2020, being blue made me throw up a little inside. Given all the coastal counties that aren't colored, is this a timeline where the Dems do a complete 180 on fossil fuels and climate woes massively accelerate, thus causing a GOP with ecofascist tendencies to make gains?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 10:19:38 AM »

Not possible with the current alignment, it's lol tier outside of a fantasy timeline.

You also forgot to fill in all of coastal Maine, Orange CA, a county in eastern MD, and didn't bother with AK or HI. I can imagine one or two tied counties, even big ones like Orange CA, but all of coastal Maine? Nope.

Here's my guesses for all the states. Some are less certain than others (NH is obvious, NM/VT/WY are clearly GOP, AZ/FL are clearly D, unsure about OH as I've just now noticed that Franklin (Columbus) is R, TN might be close). Several I didn't bother filling in.

Is there some sort of method to this madness? Because I can only tell that it is madness.

I updated the map and completed it. Yes, this is a future scenario in which the Democrats support automation. Republicans oppose it and are pro-business which allows them to win most manufacturing centers who fear it. The GOP also moderates on social issues in order to compete in most suburbs. Democrats support transitional services for miners to mitigate effects of automation and mass unemployment, hence doing well in Appalachia. There also could be a Southern Democrat in this scenario.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 10:12:03 PM »

Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Illinois, Wisconsin, Delaware, and Rhode Island are the states that would certainly be Democratic under this scenario.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 07:27:57 PM »

I updated the map and completed it. Yes, this is a future scenario in which the Democrats support automation. Republicans oppose it and are pro-business which allows them to win most manufacturing centers who fear it. The GOP also moderates on social issues in order to compete in most suburbs. Democrats support transitional services for miners to mitigate effects of automation and mass unemployment, hence doing well in Appalachia. There also could be a Southern Democrat in this scenario.

AK is pretty solidly D due to your updates, while ME and HI appear purple. I still think it's outlandish.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies