Commonwealth of Frémont • 19th Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:48:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Frémont • 19th Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Frémont • 19th Parliament  (Read 924 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »

AN ACT
to promote healthy sleep patterns among school-age children

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "School Day Restructuring Act."

Section 2 (Standard School Day)
i. Except as otherwise provided herein, all Frémont public schools shall observe the Standard School Day (SSD).
ii. The SSD shall begin at 9 am and end at 4 pm local time.

Section 3 (Elementary Adjusted Standard School Day)
i. All Frémont public elementary schools shall observe the Elementary Adjusted Standard School Day (EASSD).
ii. The EASSD shall begin at 9:30 am and end at 4:30 pm local time.

Section 4 (Application for special exemption)
i. School districts may apply to the Ministry of Education for a special exemption to deviate from the SSD or EASSD, stating the particular local concerns which necessitate this deviation; but no district shall begin the school day before 9 am local time.

Section 5 (Before and after care)
i. All Frémont public schools must offer before care from 7:30 am to the commencement of the school day, and after care from the end of the school day until 6:30 pm.
ii. Districts may charge tuition for attendance to before and after care; however, no student whose parents' and step-parents' combined annual income is less than 150% the local cost of living shall be charged tuition.

Section 6 (Implementation)
i. This act shall take effect with the 2021-22 academic year.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2021, 09:09:33 AM »

AN ACT
to incentivize cultural enrichment among Frémonters

Section 1 (Title and definitions)
i. The title of this act shall be "Sunday At The Museum Act".
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "museum" shall refer to each of the institutions established under the Sacagawea Regional Heritage Act.

Section 2 (Text)
i. The first Sunday of each month, entrance to museums shall in any case be free and without cost.
ii. The executive commission for each museum may establish further days of free access, or alternatively, hours of free access, taking into account local needs and characteristics.

Section 3 (Effectiveness)
i. This act shall be effective starting from July 1st, 2021.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2021, 12:16:00 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2021, 12:35:09 AM by Anna Komnene »

A BILL
To foster coordination and promotion of small business in Frémont

Be it enacted by the Parliament of Frémont assembled;
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Frémont Small Business Network Act.

Section 2. Frémont Small Business Network

1. The Frémont Small Business Network (FSBN) is established under the purview of the Ministry of Commerce to foster collaboration, coordination, and promotion of small businesses in the region.
2. The Ministry of Commerce shall be responsible for approving eligible businesses for the network, administering grants and funds for conferences, and hosting a website for the network.
3. The FSBN shall elect officers from within its own members in order to oversee day-to-day operations and events of the network, including the annual conference.

Section 3. Eligibility

1. Any business is eligible to join the FSBN, provided that it meets the following criteria:
a) Privately owned
b) All locations based in Frémont
c) Less than 500 employees

Section 4. Grants for Advertising and Events

1. $500 million is appropriated to fund grants for advertising and events run by FSBN members. Eligible marketing campaigns and events should highlight contributions to the local community or to the Frémont region.

Section 5. Annual Conference

1. The FSBN shall host an annual conference within the region for the purpose of coordinating small businesses, identifying new growth strategies, sharing expertise, promoting small businesses in Frémont, and other associated goals of the FSBN.

Section 6. Preferred Status for Government Purchases

1. Frémont government agencies shall give preference to FSBN members when making purchases for day-to-day operations, where possible.

Section 7. Effectiveness

1. This act shall be effective August 1, 2021.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2021, 11:05:20 PM »

A BILL
To create a pipeline from farm to food bank to provide for those in need

Be it enacted by the Parliament of Frémont assembled;
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Keep Feeding Frémonters Act.

Section 2. Extension of FFRB and Reauthorization of FFA

1. The Frémont Farm Relief Bureau is extended through the end of 2021.
2. Sections 2-4 of the Feed Frémonters Act are reauthorized through the end of 2021.

Section 3. Funding

1. $100 million is allocated to finance purchases and leases reauthorized under this act.

Section 4. Effectiveness

1. This act shall be effective immediately upon passage.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2021, 04:19:02 AM »

Quote from: Rape Kit Processing Act
AN ACT
To ensure timely processing of rape kits by law enforcement.

I. TITLE & DEFINITIONS
1. This act shall be titled as the “Rape Kit Processing Act.”
2. A “rape kit” as referenced in this act shall refer to any package of items used by medical or law enforcement personnel, and specifically intended to provide tools for conducting forensic examination of a victim of sexual assault, as well as the evidentiary material collected from such kits and commonly stored within them.

II. PROVISIONS
1. Any law enforcement agency in the Commonwealth of Frémont investigating an alleged or suspected sexual assault shall, if possible, offer to conduct a forensic examination of the possible victim in a timely fashion.
a. This examination shall include, but is not limited to, swabbing of the body for bodily fluids, collection of urine and/or blood from the victim, and collection of hair and fibers from the victim.
2. All rape kits utilized after June 1st, 2021; shall be examined, tested for DNA samples, and further tested for DNA matches against the Frémont Department of Justice’s DNA database, within sixty (60) days of the initial forensic examination.
a. Should a law enforcement agency other than the Frémont State Police fail to provide for the examination of a rape kit within the time allotted, the Frémont State Police shall assume jurisdiction over the relevant investigation, and take possession of all evidence relevant thereto.
b. In such cases, the relevant law enforcement agency shall pay the Frémont State Police ten thousand dollars ($10,000) for their work.
3. All rape kits utilized before June 1st, 2021; and hereto unprocessed in the fashion described in Clause 2 of this Act, shall be so examined by December 31st, 2021.
a. Thereafter, such rape kits and the investigations in which they were collected shall be subject to the processes outlined in Subclauses 2a and 2b of this Act.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 10:58:58 PM »

At the risk of misusing the thread, seeing as the elections are almost over - and the last votes should be the last official act of those us not running for reelection - I did want to express my satisfaction at having been able to serve on this House for the third time, and to do so with a particularly illustrious cast of fellow members of Parliament.

This Commonwealth of ours has lasted five years and, it has managed to prevail and survive against familiar threats which plagued previous regional iterations, and posed a credible threat not long ago. It is by no means perfect, but it has a certain spirit that makes many of us proud Frémonters, unwilling to trade our residency out of convenience. This House has been one of the many successful aspects of five years of existence, providing clear and mostly sound leadership whilst proving you can do things differently and do them well.

May old and new parliamentarians keep that spirit alive, and never forget that they will always be part of a special and unique part of our vast, diverse Republic.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2021, 11:08:33 PM »

Well said Lumine. It's been wonderful to share the parliament floor with such a thoughtful and diverse group of people like you all. May the future of parliament be just as bright. Hurrah! 🍾
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2021, 12:22:20 AM »

In the annals of our history, this last sitting will surely be remembered as "the Parliament of all the Talents." Lumine has put it better than I could, when he says it is "a certain spirit that makes many of us proud Frémonters" that has marked the conduct of this house. If the commons may forgive me a moment of sentiment: when I took up the ministry for the first time all those years ago, I carried in my heart the secret hope that we might create something new in Frémont, something which the long-suffering West had not seen before: a real people, not an artificial polity held together but loosely by convenience, paying lip-service to the constitution of the day, but an actual community with common values and a common purpose, whose loyalty to Frémont transcends mere party passion. It warms my heart to see that hope reflected in all of you, and to know that whenever the day should come that I should hand over the ministry to a new leader, the idea of Frémont will live on in my brothers and sisters of the free West.

As I look toward the twentieth sitting of this house, I can say it has been a delight and an absolute privilege to serve with this cast of worthies, one I do not expect I may ever share again. To those members who will shortly leave us —until we meet again —I bid you an affectionate farewell.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2021, 12:59:49 AM »

It's very melancholic to be losing such great players from parliament. One can only hope that in the seeds of youth we will find fine saplings who will grow and blossom into a new generation of players as esteemed as the last. And maybe, just maybe some of you will come back again one day to the halls of this chamber.

As of the next Parliament I will have served in Ten Sittings, more than any other member bar our Honourable Leader. In this time I have seen many esteemed players come and go and come back again, and many new players who have grown into the leaders of today. I can only hope that many of our young members present and upcoming will tread the same path.
While the esteemed Fremont Left continues to grow and evolve with new members taking the reins from the old, I am proud to keep doing what I've always done and be a sole voice for those of this region who have a different outlook on our future. Without continued debate and a broad range of views within this chamber we cannot uphold the good governance this region has thrived in for the last four years.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies