Do the Democrats still fear Donald J. Trump politically?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:36:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do the Democrats still fear Donald J. Trump politically?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do they?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Do the Democrats still fear Donald J. Trump politically?  (Read 1979 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 10:34:17 AM »

Fear for his record. Fear that if something goes seriously wrong, that he or someone with an agenda like his and a proclivity for bigotry could win 48% of the popular vote against 50% of the popular vote and get a second chance. Fear of his dictatorial and despotic tendencies and the contempt that his supporters have of the basic rules of Constitutional government.   
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 10:37:51 AM »

I see, Trump Hack SN being Trump Hack again trying to convince us the election of Mr. Donald J. Trump as 47th POTUS is inevitable.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 01:20:21 PM »

No because he's going to be in prison. Period.
Motorcity

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 01:48:24 PM »

Yes

I am a Democrat and I fear him

If he wins in 2024, which is 50/50 if he runs, he will win congress with him and end American Democracy. He will be dictator
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 04:43:49 PM »

Yes

I am a Democrat and I fear him

If he wins in 2024, which is 50/50 if he runs, he will win congress with him and end American Democracy. He will be dictator

Truth.

Anyone who does not fear Trump running again is a fool.  Because if he runs, he will win the GOP nomination, and there’s absolutely a good chance he wins back the presidency.

You’re an idiot if you don’t think this is a possibility or if you aren’t worried about it.

It’s why Democrats need to use the 14th amendment and try to stop him from winning public office again.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 09:26:52 PM »

I'm seeing the same over-confidence in this thread that I saw just prior to Trump winning in 2016.

There is a very high chance Trump will be rotting in jail in 2024.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2021, 09:23:41 AM »

I'm seeing the same over-confidence in this thread that I saw just prior to Trump winning in 2016.

No, there isn't.  Sure, there's a chance, but it's extremely small.
Motorcity

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2021, 11:07:05 AM »

No, there really isn't

Typically, rich people do not go to jail unless its something REALLY bad. Like end up with dead girl. Even than some have gotten away with it. What the folks on Wall Street did leading up to the stock market crash of 2007/2008 was far worst than anything Trump did on his taxes and none of them ended up in jail.

Trump's legal troubles will be in court for YEARS. These things take forever. By the time things are resolved (and that's a big IF), Trump will either be President/Dictator or will be too old to be a threat. In the case of the latter, it will 99.99% be settled with a fine.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2021, 11:57:59 AM »

I don’t know, but they shouldn’t be.

Trump is the best thing to happen for Democrats since perhaps Watergate.
How?

Do you not know that we now control the House, the Senate, and the presidency?
Barely control the senate and the house.

Imagine what the political landscape would look like if Jeb Bush (or Marco Rubio, or even Mike Pence) had defeated Hillary. The Democrats might not even take the House in 2022, and lose it in 2024 if they did. President NotTrump (R) cruises to re-election on the strength of not being animated feces  and not massively screwing up COVID response.

Not really a relevant hypothetical though, right? I think it's pretty well-understood that Hillary would've beaten any non-Trump Republican (and Bernie would've lost to any non-Trump Republican, but that's not really relevant)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2021, 09:51:00 PM »

I don’t know, but they shouldn’t be.

Trump is the best thing to happen for Democrats since perhaps Watergate.
How?

Do you not know that we now control the House, the Senate, and the presidency?
Barely control the senate and the house.

Imagine what the political landscape would look like if Jeb Bush (or Marco Rubio, or even Mike Pence) had defeated Hillary. The Democrats might not even take the House in 2022, and lose it in 2024 if they did. President NotTrump (R) cruises to re-election on the strength of not being animated feces  and not massively screwing up COVID response.

Not really a relevant hypothetical though, right? I think it's pretty well-understood that Hillary would've beaten any non-Trump Republican (and Bernie would've lost to any non-Trump Republican, but that's not really relevant)

I really don't believe this is true. The only Republican I think she could've beaten, possibly quite easily, is Ted Cruz, but almost anyone else except for a true lunatic would've been the favorite against her.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2021, 10:25:56 PM »

Yes, in the sense that I fear the demise of the American Republic if he is ever elected President again. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2021, 11:09:29 PM »

Trump before Jan 6, was improving with D's and Indies after Jan 6 he is back to square 1 with D's and Indies

I don't know what Rs gonna do if we have a boom Economy next summer and we get 52 plus seats and go back 230 seats in the House
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies