Why do US Senators love AirPods so much?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why do US Senators love AirPods so much?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do US Senators love AirPods so much?  (Read 677 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2021, 10:35:18 AM »

I watched several interviews between mainstream news media programs and Republican US Senators, and every single time they’re wearing AirPods. This means that with my Sony noise canceling headphones and HyperX gaming microphone I have a better setup for these interviews than a significant number of US Senators. Why not spend a few hundred dollars on some decent equipment when you’re doing stuff like this all the time and probably have a huge office budget?

And in their committee hearings it looks like they just use the cameras and microphones that come with their laptops and often have echoes or other nuisance noises. Again, it wouldn’t be that expensive for them to fix this.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 10:36:43 AM »

Because they're on the move a lot and minimizing the amount of stuff they carry around is a priority. I agree it is unprofessional to not have better equipment for doing stuff on-air, though.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 10:44:42 AM »

As someone who commuted daily on the DC Metro every day for work (pre-Covid), I have to say that AirPods are Manna from heaven. 
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 10:54:44 AM »

Because Mike Crapo doesn't spend his Friday nights playing League of Legends with the boys, and not everyone wants to buy an expensive gaming rig just to talk to political pundits on CNN. For people with actual lives, a pair of air pods and a small laptop is enough.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »

Because Mike Crapo doesn't spend his Friday nights playing League of Legends with the boys, and not everyone wants to buy an expensive gaming rig just to talk to political pundits on CNN.

Mentioning League specifically makes me wish that Jared Polis would do an interview from home via his gaming rig.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 09:53:33 PM »

Because Mike Crapo doesn't spend his Friday nights playing League of Legends with the boys, and not everyone wants to buy an expensive gaming rig just to talk to political pundits on CNN. For people with actual lives, a pair of air pods and a small laptop is enough.
I’m talking about a few hundred bucks for the likes of Mitt Romney who has like 10 houses with car lifts in the garages.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 11:24:05 PM »

I’m talking about a few hundred bucks for the likes of Mitt Romney who has like 10 houses with car lifts in the garages.

Why would he do that, though? Most people would love to have 10 houses if given the chance. I doubt most adults would want to upgrade to an ultra 5K RGB setup just to make the CNN feed 720p instead of 480p.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 08:47:26 AM »

Yeah, why would someone want to look good when presenting their side of the issues to the public, that's just silly.  /s

I'm not sure if it's ignorance, wanting to look "of the people" or what.  I doubt it's because it will cost them $470 though.  No a laptop camera and mic are not good enough when you're on national TV, especially since even someone totally ignorant on audio/video could set up a decent system with 20 minutes of Googling, a normally functioning brain and four hundred dollars.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 09:13:56 AM »

Yeah, why would someone want to look good when presenting their side of the issues to the public, that's just silly.  /s

Very few of these congressional people look good. Most are unattractive and out of shape. Why would I care about their looks and whether they're wearing airpods or not?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 09:44:18 AM »

Because the upgrade from headphones with cords to AirPods is the greatest personal convenience boost since I was in high school and swapped my T-Mobile Sidekick phone in for an iPhone.

I’ve only had AirPods since December 2019 and can’t imagine my life with regular headphones now.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »

What on earth is wrong with AirPods?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 12:32:15 PM »

I mean, I have a very hard time seeing most senators rocking out to music or playing any sort of real video games, except for maybe the GA delegation.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 12:53:46 PM »

Airpods are amazing, wtf is this thread complaining about?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 06:29:11 PM »

Because Mike Crapo doesn't spend his Friday nights playing League of Legends with the boys, and not everyone wants to buy an expensive gaming rig just to talk to political pundits on CNN.

Mentioning League specifically makes me wish that Jared Polis would do an interview from home via his gaming rig.

dude that reminds me of a meme i made half a year ago

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 06:53:13 PM »

Whatever floats their boat. There is probably some good reason something was bought usually - Senators are really no different here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies