Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:03:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Oakvale, attorney at law  (Read 3327 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« on: October 18, 2021, 02:36:47 PM »

Oakvale,
You have spent all your atlasian career violently harassing people through the IRC. If really you were so concerned about "violent mobs" or whatever bull**** point you are trying to make, you should have first acknowledged how s*itty you behavior was when you were still active and ask for forgiveness.

Like you I'm certainly no stranger to rough and tumble politics (with a caveat - I don't think I ever sounded so much like Tony Soprano). Indeed, if I'd seen your, er, statement, in any other context I doubt I'd have so much as batted an eye.

But what we have here is a situation where the sitting Chief Justice of the Supreme Court threatened like a low-rent thug, from the bench, to destroy the careers of those who dared to criticise the Court's handling of a politically prominent case.

How on earth could anyone possiblynow believe the Court is impartial and operates without prejudice? How are any of your internal critics ever going to bring a case to your Court without constant fear of bias or brutal retribution? Do you really not comprehend the problem here?

Not at all. I stand by my comments. I believe the supreme court should be an independent institution and that its members shouldn't be threatened by impeachments when a ruling doesn't please to some players.

Saying that you stand by such threats as the ones you made is not a good argument for the independence of the court at all.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 03:40:24 PM »

“I’m going to fight hard....”

It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 01:55:08 AM »

“I’m going to fight hard....”

It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a justice saying "I am going to fight hard to preserve the independence of the court", which considering the comments of Dwarven Dragon, where for a decent period was literally calling for impeachment for "results oriented purposes" (as in desiring to reshape the court to achieve his desired ruling at least until he learned said ruling was unanimous-oops) is hardly to be brushed off.

That is different from the comments he said threatening careers etc, which are unacceptable.

For historical example, Ebowed, bgwah and Opebo fought back against Adam Griffin's Laborite hordes when they aggressively sought to reshape the court's composition following their adverse ruling in the case over the June 2013 Pacific business.

From my interpretation, the Justice is saying he will “fight for the independence of the court” in response to Crane and myself, as if criticism of the Court is adjacent to attempting to usurp the independence of the judiciary. Simply put, an utterly absurd statement to make, and one that only strengthens the argument against him.

I assume you are referring to these comments by Wulfric?
Backtrack on this decision and your threats and let the trial go forward. That is the only way you will secure your future at this stage.

Speaking for myself, I most definitely don’t think the Court has any outside obligation to reverse decisions it has made. But backtracking and apologizing for the threats made would certainly be in order.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies