Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:12:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Oakvale, attorney at law  (Read 3251 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: June 21, 2021, 04:18:26 PM »
« edited: June 21, 2021, 04:23:35 PM by cinyc »

Yes, a vote is a post, counselor. It is a more meaningful expression of activity in Atlasia than posting on some unrelated board. It shows the poster attuned to Atlasian politics, not real world stuff.

I don't see how a vote isn't a post. The activity requirements don't exclude votes. They could if they wanted to. Therefore, votes must count as posts.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 05:27:50 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2021, 05:37:03 PM by cinyc »

Yes, a vote is a post, counselor. It is a more meaningful expression of activity in Atlasia than posting on some unrelated board. It shows the poster attuned to Atlasian politics, not real world stuff.

That might be the case in theory, but hardly in practice: we think of the traditional 'zombie' as someone who only shows up in Atlasia to vote while being relatively active on the forum at large, but surely the registered voter who votes, spams "endorsed" seven further times in eight weeks when directed and then votes again could not reasonably be argued to be 'attuned to Atlasian politics'.

I don't see how a vote isn't a post. The activity requirements don't exclude votes. They could if they wanted to. Therefore, votes must count as posts.

Suppose the Congress was to reduce the posts in eight weeks requirement to just one (at the current rate they may get there) - a voter's ballot would then be eligible under this interpretation simply by virtue of having voted in the previous federal election. Is this 'activity' in any meaningful sense?

Activity outside Atlasia is largely irrelevant to Atlasia, anyway. Someone who "spams" endorsed 7 times in Atlasia is more attuned to Atlasia than someone posting 7 times on the religion board or whatever. I haven't been paying much attention to Atlasia recently, but still got to vote in the election. If I were posting endorsed, I'd be more aware of who the current major players are than I am.

Your hypothetical makes little sense. Nobody in Atlasia is talking about lowering the post requirement to 1, as far as I know. But were they to, yes, a vote in Atlasia would make more sense to qualify than some nonsense on the U.S. General Board. At least it shows the voter cares about Atlasia, not just the real world. And if they didn't explicitly exclude votes from the post requirement, it should count.

Moreover, aren't our elections usually more than 8 weeks apart, anyway? Other votes should almost certainly count toward the post requirement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies