Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:35:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Oakvale, attorney at law  (Read 3205 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: March 05, 2021, 08:24:14 PM »

I think it has been taken as precedent (for most offices) that once the oath has been taken, the term is retroactive from noon on the the specified day. However, by not taking the oath, the term is forfeited in its entirety.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 05:32:21 PM »

I will note that doing some very quick math will in fact tell you that in most elections the previous federal election falls nine weeks previously, not eight.

Also more importantly cinyc is correct on the legal interpretation - while of course you can argue against counting these votes, it is not supported by the text of the FEA. Claiming the FEA does not mean to count votes as posts is a ridiculous circumventing of the text. The Atlas Forum counts them as posts and I see nowhere in the FEA or federal law as a whole defining posts in a way to exclude those in the voting booth.

If you want votes to not count towards the requirement, the way to make that happen is the same as the way as increasing the requirement as a while: the Senate must amend the text.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies