Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:18:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Oakvale, attorney at law  (Read 3260 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: March 10, 2021, 07:12:33 PM »

It is always nice to see more SC cases being filed! Smiley
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 12:02:11 PM »

When it comes to things like amendments and final votes for that matter some degree of what we use to fondly care Bacon Kings Patented Loophole AbuseTM is acceptable as long as requisite majorities are achieved. We often start votes if a couple days passed since a final vote motion even if no one called for objections. On votes of extreme consequence though, you generally should make sure to keep all the Is dotted and the Ts crossed.

The best and easiest way is to keep the relevant guidance be it constitution/rules what have you tabbed and review it as you go.

Well, given Bacon King is going to be the justice issuing a rule here I guess this is going to get dismissed then Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 11:59:41 AM »

So I go from facing Wulfric on the other side of the court to facing Oakvale? Talk about an upgrade for the defence! (unfortunately for myself)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 12:36:41 PM »

As weak of a point as it is, OSR is correct about one thing. A large portion of the conservative element has exported itself to discord. This is more a product of RL pressures towards echo chambers than anything in game, but it means that the posting community tilts even more to the left.

It is also been well established that many are so fed up with the continued dynamic of working your ass off each cycle only to just get steamrolled by 10% instead of 30% for going on almost 3 years now, that blatant exercises are becoming not only accepted, but even celebrated.

So the question at that point becomes, how do you unwind this dependency without further increasing the power and dominance of one party rule. If I could turn the clock back I would, the simplest answer is the impossible one.

Absent that I have repeatedly asked that people not wait to the last minute, not post the bare minimum and post in the form of legitimate posts for multiple cycles. Sadly, water follows the course of least resistance.

I've long proposed to require validity posts to be split over 2 months (or if you want to be punitive, over 3-4 fortnights); to make it hard if not impossible to do stuff like that.

My thought is that of the ¿8? validity posts for this April election, you'd need at least 2 to happen in March and 2 to happen in April (or for a fortnightly proposal, you'd need 2 to happen between the 1st and 15th of March, 2 to happen between the 16th and 31st of March and 2 to happen between the 1st and 15th of April).

Another proposal I had was to require a "minimum word count". So say you have to post at least 100 words over the past 8 weeks.

The main issue (other than lack of interest) is always that it'd be too hard to track for Peebs and that we shouldn't make her life harder.

Another issue is that while they make "validity posting" hard, they don't make it impossible. Minimum word counts can be defeated via copypastas and monthly or even fortnightly requirements can be defeated if you are persistent enough (though I can't imagine that many people who require validity being determined enough to be dragged to the forum twice a month)

Finally, while not related to everything, I remember ¿YE? once raising the point that not all Discord voters are validity posters (many post regularly enough in the site to reach validity on their own) and not all validity posters are Discord users (I can't think of many examples here that apply nowadays, but the AAD people Griffin dragged in here in Jun 19 might qualify).
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 11:39:50 AM »

C'mon Oakie, literally one of my first actions after returning to the Presidency in 2019 was scheming behind the scenes to make sure BK got his seat all those years later...after you tried to put him on the court in the final weeks in 2015 before I became President during Bore's lameduck and I wanted to install Dear Sweet Jambles.

They're both on the court now! Can't we just let bygones be bygones? We all know the Court is a travesty of partisan control: just because I have the biggest fingerprints on a 4-year majority-Liebor Court doesn't mean we didn't all get what we wanted in the end!

This incident involved a Federalist escaping justice. It has nothing to do with partisanship and everything to do with incompetence and/or non-transparency.
Escaping justice because of your Tack's incompetence*

FTFY Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies