HB 28-14: Olawakandi Day Act (FINAL VOTE)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:31:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 28-14: Olawakandi Day Act (FINAL VOTE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: HB 28-14: Olawakandi Day Act (FINAL VOTE)  (Read 2524 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2021, 12:56:35 AM »
« edited: March 04, 2021, 01:23:01 PM by SevenEleven »

AN ACT
To honor an Atlas Forum hero

Be it enacted by the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia assembled
Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Olawakandi Day Act.

Section 2. Establishment of Federal Holiday

1. In honor of the 15th anniversary of his initial registration on the Atlas Forum, Wednesday, the thirtieth of June, two thousand and twenty-one, is hereby designated "Olawakandi Day", to be celebrated across Atlasia as well as the Talk Elections Blog at large.
2. Olawakandi Day is established as a full federal holiday for the Republic of Atlasia, and will continued to be celebrated as such annually on the thirtieth of June.
3. Five days of festivities are to be held in Nyman beginning on Olawakandi Day and ending on the Fourth of July.
Sponsor: YE
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 12:57:06 AM »

Public legislation, 24 hours to object to Rep. YE's sponsorship.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 01:00:36 AM »

Dems led by S Tim Ryan and S John Fetterman are going to beat cc Ron Johnson with S Rods Fiengolf for a 53-47 to pack the crts in the year 2022 with Kamala Harris as Veep.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 01:02:49 AM »

Dems led by S Tim Ryan and S John Fetterman are going to beat cc Ron Johnson with S Rods Fiengolf for a 53-47 to pack the crts in the year 2022 with Kamala Harris as Veep.

Tim Ryan probably wins Mahoning County, home of Akron, where Sherrod Brown is from. But where does S Cori Bush go?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 01:14:34 AM »

My staff just Googled "John Fetterman" and informed me that the image results correspond to the official portrait of Governor R2D2. Is he running to beat "Ron Johnson" in a future election, whoever that is and whenever that may be?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 09:28:52 AM »

Feingold is a two-time loser please no.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 09:46:38 AM »

Feingold is a two-time loser please no.

2022 wont be a Red wave yr like 2010/16 due to 7% unemployment.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »

Its OLAWAKANDI week and Black history month, we should celebrate that instead, when talking about ancestry
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 10:01:04 AM »

S Tim Ryan isn't STRICKLAND, he will make the race competitive he will he gift to Ds
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 04:27:00 PM »

Who is Olawakandi ? Does this person use another username

I'm not really for a holiday if I don't even know the person.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 06:47:46 PM »

Amendment offered:

Section 2:
4. Annual festivities to honor Olawakandi will take place in the form of Sunbelt Celebrations, taking place in Los Angeles, Fremont and Lake Michigan, Lincoln.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 06:58:54 PM »

You need to pass this
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 07:17:18 PM »

Someone should propose to have an amendment to have celebrations in Missouri, because that is where he registered in his brief time in Atlasia.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 08:54:55 PM »

Friendly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 08:56:49 PM »

If someone only had a brief stay in Atlasia more than a decade ago I don't understand the reason for a holiday in the make of this person.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 09:03:11 PM »

24 hours to object to the amendment.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 12:38:51 AM »

I think we can be a little more specific on the relevant jurisdictions than "Lake Michigan." Planning festivities is a logistical nightmare that we ought to strive to make as clear-cut as possible.

This is an objection unless the amendment is modified directly and the sponsor gives his assent.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 01:04:28 AM »

I think we can be a little more specific on the relevant jurisdictions than "Lake Michigan." Planning festivities is a logistical nightmare that we ought to strive to make as clear-cut as possible.

This is an objection unless the amendment is modified directly and the sponsor gives his assent.

Olawakandi said he lived in Lake Michigan. Therefore, we celebrate in Lake Michigan.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 01:05:04 AM »

Amendment offered:

Section 2:
4. Annual festivities to honor Olawakandi will take place in the form of Sunbelt Celebrations, taking place in Los Angeles, Fremont and Lake Michigan, Lincoln.

Vote is now open on this amendment.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 01:05:29 AM »

Aye.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 01:14:39 AM »

Festivities CAN be celebrated in Lake Michigan, OC home is proof that HUMANS can live underwater now  Love  Love  Love we live in happier times, not like authoritarian 2016
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 01:18:33 AM »

Festivities CAN be celebrated in Lake Michigan, OC home is proof that HUMANS can live underwater now  Love  Love  Love we live in happier times, not like authoritarian 2016

As far as I am aware, OC is the only recorded person to live at the bottom of Lake Michigan. That's part of why we're here debating this! But we can't have a one-man parade, nor can a parade be organized by one man. Some state or another, or all of them, will have to claim jurisdiction for organizing it.

(Of course, we could always bump responsibility for organizing the festivities off to Lincoln itself. But that isn't explicitly stated in the amendment.)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 01:21:33 AM »

As far as I am aware, OC is the only recorded person to live at the bottom of Lake Michigan. That's part of why we're here debating this! But we can't have a one-man parade, nor can a parade be organized by one man. Some state or another, or all of them, will have to claim jurisdiction for organizing it.

(Of course, we could always bump responsibility for organizing the festivities off to Lincoln itself. But that isn't explicitly stated in the amendment.)

Can, or won't?

No offense but if everyone had your attitude, humans never would've developed the ability to do amazing things like walk
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 01:25:26 AM »

If someone only had a brief stay in Atlasia more than a decade ago I don't understand the reason for a holiday in the make of this person.

I do seem to vaguely recall his being registered.

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 01:28:22 AM »

Can, or won't?

No offense but if everyone had your attitude, humans never would've developed the ability to do amazing things like walk

I firmly believe festivities that aim to celebrate the life and deeds of OC should be open to as many people as possible, and situating them at the bottom of Lake Michigan is counterproductive to that aim. As the only Congressman here with a vested interest in the wellbeing of my Lakeshore constituents, I will not be passing off all responsibility for organizing his own festivities to the man who we are supposed to honoring here; nor will I endanger the lives of my constituents by chucking them into the middle of Lake Michigan for festivities that could be celebrated perfectly fine onshore.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies