Was the Bible Photo-Op the death blow for Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:12:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Was the Bible Photo-Op the death blow for Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Was the Bible Photo-Op the death blow for Trump?  (Read 759 times)
Pink Panther

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2021, 08:02:43 PM »

I haven't heard anymore say that the Photo-Op was the death blow of the Trump Campaign, but I believe it was, since I feel that Trump could've still won with COVID-19, since the matter was polarized in Trump's favor, and some people blaming Dems as much as Trump. When the Photo-Op occurred, it not only made Trump look like a hypocrite, he gave Dems the reason why they didn't support sending police to stop the riots, claiming they would crush the peaceful protesters. I also feel that moment helped suburbanites and swing voters become more sympathetic to BLM, seeing what happened. Trump's first debate performance and contracting COVID probably didn't help matters, but unless a miracle occurred, I believe the writing on the wall had been written with the Photo-Op.

Do you agree/disagree with this statement? Explain your reasoning please.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 08:11:41 PM »

It was close enough that any one controversy possibly could've lost him enough votes to lose the election.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 11:00:34 AM »

I think it more marked the beginning of the end than anything.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 11:37:50 AM »

I doubt that it really changed anyone's mind given how deep we were into the Trump era by that point and that most people had probably already made up their minds on Trump the culture warrior by then. The Electoral College was indeed narrow enough that any single incident could be argued for as the death blow, but I doubt that each individual one made enough changes to an already-polarized base of opinion to cause a significant shift.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:08:48 PM »

I honestly think COVID-19 and the Floyd Protests were the only political events that affected the 2020 election.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 12:36:08 AM »

It was a death blow for Trump.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 05:23:49 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2021, 05:26:50 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Trump not memorializing Covid victims and memorializing Limbaugh is a blow to Trump campaign, that's why DeSantis won't win Prez , AA community is dealing with the worst of Covid. They only deal with Cubans in FL. Rubio by far with embracement of PR Statehood would get AA support

Just like Cancer, which my mom died from, if you aren't rich and can pay for radiation therapy, poor die from the disease and WC gets cancer treatment

Medicaid doesn't always pay for chemotherapy, Cancer isn't deadly unless you wait til end to get treatment, it's called preventive care. AA unlike WC wait too long to ask insurence to pay for it
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 07:53:11 AM »

Trump was always losing the 2020 race. He needed some sort of game changer and he never got it. None of the admittedly MAJOR events of 2020 (pretty objectively the craziest election year since at least 1968) made much of a difference, IMO. Just look at Trumps amazingly steady approval ratings. The fact that Trump got as close as he got was pretty amazing given the stability of the race, but I guess Biden +4.5 never seemed that far fetched, even though the polling average was more hovering around Biden +8-9-ish.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 10:21:22 AM »

I think Trump died from a thousand cuts in the election rather than from one blow. General unpopularity throughout his term, permanent scandals and outrage people were tired of, his personal behavior and the Tweets, horrible Covid management and economic downfall, response to 2020 protests including the bible photo-op and Biden running an overall disciplined campaign.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.45, S: -3.91

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 10:48:34 AM »

Lol no. That was completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 06:40:21 PM »

No. I don't think anybody expected Trump to handle the aftermath of George Floyd's murder with any amount of grace and it was pretty a common expectation to anyone who heard even two minutes of political commentary/punditry that Trump was going to try to spin the episode into Law and Order fearmongering. Even so, I'm not really sure who would be motivated to turn out or switch their vote based on this. A Washingtonian? A suburbanite? A Black person? A person inherently distrustful and fearful of police? Not really demographics favorable to Trump or even sit out the race in the first place.

If you asked me to make a list of the 10 craziest things to happen during the campaign (or the year 2020) I'm not even sure this on would occur to me.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies