Petition to Strip jravnsbo of his Honours
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 07:11:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition to Strip jravnsbo of his Honours
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Petition to Strip jravnsbo of his Honours  (Read 1662 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 23, 2021, 07:09:29 PM »

It is a well-established principle that an Honour, once granted, can always be rescinded, at least when the recipient is still alive. Given this, I call upon the Senate to strip jravnsbo of the Order of the Silver Star. This now disgraced individual is no longer an active Atlasian and has not been for well over a decade and a half, but he is known elsewhere by a different name: one that I will not utter and urge others not to either. It could be argued that unless this Republic removes the honour granted to this individual it is, in effect, condoning him and his heinous, awful actions. The maintenance of public morality demands action!

X - Al Widdershins
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:15:11 PM »

x R2D2
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:16:14 PM »

X. Ishan
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 07:19:32 PM »

Can someone establish where he was given Order of Star of Atlasia? OSA was only created in 2012, and didn't exist in 2005. Someone posted a Senate resolution honoring him from 2005 but this would have been wiped with the reset in 2016.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:21:33 PM »

I think we should reserve the removal of honors for things that happen within fanastyland.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 07:22:22 PM »

x Solid4096
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 07:36:47 PM »

Whether or not it was wiped by the reset, it was mostly a resolution to sentiments of the the Senate, their gratitude towards him etc.; as a result it isn't really legislation and one could argue it still stands today.

As a result, I urge Congress to pass a resolution expressly overturning any and all honors expressed to him by the old Senate. Will draft such a resolution for them shortly.

x Vice President-elect Sestak
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »

X S019
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 07:58:28 PM »

Seems a bit silly to make a big deal over someone who hasn't even been active in like 15 years or so.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 08:09:59 PM »

I agree with Yankee that technically his honors were struck with the reset. Of course we can always pass a resolution condemning him or something.

Then again president MB pardoned jravnsbo so... Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 08:12:05 PM »

I agree with Yankee that technically his honors were struck with the reset. Of course we can always pass a resolution condemning him or something.

Then again president MB pardoned jravnsbo so... Tongue

Is that a state level crime though?
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 08:20:19 PM »

X Stuart98
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 11:28:41 PM »

Seems a bit silly to make a big deal over someone who hasn't even been active in like 15 years or so.

Being an Atlasian-American officeholder is a great distinction and privilege. As such, only the best of us should ever be serving IRL office... because most of us, let's face it, aren't qualified despite not having killed someone.

It is fitting and proper that jravnsbo be stripped of all titles and honors that may have been bestowed upon him.

x Scott
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 11:42:38 PM »

Being an Atlasian-American officeholder is a great distinction and privilege. As such, only the best of us should ever be serving IRL office... because most of us, let's face it, aren't qualified despite not having killed someone.

It is fitting and proper that jravnsbo be stripped of all titles and honors that may have been bestowed upon him.

x Scott

Sounds like y'all are just bored and have nothing better to do tbh.

The vast majority of the game wasn't even around when he was, a very large portion weren't old enough to access the internet, and some I believe weren't even born. His current issues have absolutely nothing to do with past accomplishments in the game.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 12:54:12 AM »

x Scott

The vast majority of the game wasn't even around when he was, a very large portion weren't old enough to access the internet, and some I believe weren't even born. His current issues have absolutely nothing to do with past accomplishments in the game.

Like writing for a TV show, eventually you run slow on ideas.

The great thing about an efficient virtual government without constant recesses is that everything just goes to a up-or-down vote. The bad thing is that you accomplish so much that eventually you just need to work with whatever comes to mind.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 03:52:48 AM »

x Scott

The great thing about an efficient virtual government without constant recesses is that everything just goes to a up-or-down vote. The bad thing is that you accomplish so much that eventually you just need to work with whatever comes to mind.
And yet 122 people voted for more of the same lack of ideas, just because they are so scared of Labor losing an election.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 04:14:19 AM »

^ Man, you have really made nothing but EXTEREMELEY ANGERY posts over the last few days. I literally have to go back past 10 ANGERY posts and over 24 hours before I find a non-angery post..."how do you pronounce lfromnj"*

Calm down.

*nothing against lfromnj of course, who is a great guy and will once again make a great Representative.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 01:48:43 PM »

x Scott

And yet 122 people voted for more of the same lack of ideas, just because they are so scared of Labor losing an election.

Feds hold offices too and are free to submit things whenever they want. This is getting extremely tiring from you.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 05:45:59 PM »

x Razze
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 11:49:14 PM »

x Scott

Feds hold offices too and are free to submit things whenever they want. This is getting extremely tiring from you.
Maybe the people in your party can be free to stop treating us like trash. That isn't happening though because that is literally the only purpose of the Labor Party's existence.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 11:52:59 PM »

x Scott

Maybe the people in your party can be free to stop treating us like trash. That isn't happening though because that is literally the only purpose of the Labor Party's existence.

Seriously, grow up and quit picking fights with people for the sake of picking fights.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 12:19:23 AM »

There is too much salt in this thread, that is bad for your cardiovascular system.

If it continues I will be forced to take some actions as public health matter.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 12:20:59 AM »

At risk of ruining the festive mood of recent posts, is there any reason why this wouldn't have been revoked during the legislative reset? I would argue resolutions ought to be counted as legislation.

Not that I don't agree with the consensus regarding the actions of the politician in question. Seems a bit redundant though.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 12:24:32 AM »

At risk of ruining the festive mood of recent posts, is there any reason why this wouldn't have been revoked during the legislative reset? I would argue resolutions ought to be counted as legislation.

Not that I don't agree with the consensus regarding the actions of the politician in question. Seems a bit redundant though.

I would like some focus drawn back to these matters. It has not been established who gave him OAS and when.

It is also not been established that the resolution is still in effect, I am fairly certain the reset did in fact wipe all resolutions.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 12:24:33 AM »

Yeah, it would have been repealed. That wouldn't necessarily stop Congress from passing a new resolution explicitly condemning jravnsbo, since the rescission of his previous honours was a technicality.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies