Do Democrats have a recruiting issue at the Presidential level (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:24:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do Democrats have a recruiting issue at the Presidential level (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do Democrats have a recruiting issue at the Presidential level  (Read 788 times)
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 23, 2021, 06:31:18 PM »

I think OP is talking more about an issue of "candidate quality" than "recruiting". In other words, the issue isn't that good candidates don't want to run, but that there aren't any good candidates.

Anyway, to the actual question, I'm skeptical. While I think that candidate quality is very much a real thing, discussion of it almost always involve a lot of circular reasoning and subjective opinions (often revolving around name recognition or only taking into account the most recent election). I think the Dems do have some pretty decent potential candidates, starting with Kamala Harris, but I'd also throw in Cory Booker and, while he might have to do some courting of the party's left wing, Buttigieg. Republicans also have some candidates who look pretty good on paper (e.g. Haley) but the 2024 Republican candidate will likely have a tough time appealing to both the Trumpian base and the broader electorate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies