Do Democrats have a recruiting issue at the Presidential level
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:53:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do Democrats have a recruiting issue at the Presidential level
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do Democrats have a recruiting issue at the Presidential level  (Read 802 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 03:40:16 PM »

No but so many liberals refuse to support AOC for the nomination. I don't know why though. It seems like she would be exactly what they would want in a nominee.

It's because she is anti-establishment, and anti-establishment figures are often ostracized by the mainstream media.
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2021, 04:36:14 PM »

Ossoff, Kelly, and Warnock would all make good candidates, and Harris would be a good candidate if the Biden administration did well in the next four or eight years.
Bickle
Rookie
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2021, 05:12:53 PM »

When we look at all the possible GOP nominees for 2024, Ron DeSantis, Hawley, and Trump can all possible. Only Cruz and Haley I have doubts he can win

But I'm pretty sure most Democrats not named Biden would lose. Harris, Booker, Buttigieg, Beto, and Cuomo would all lose. Only Julian Castro might do well.

Why do Democrats seem to have a weaker bench compared to Republicans?

Is it because Democrats tend to run more diverse candidates? Perhaps that Democrats seem to have a bigger tent and its hard to find one person who can appeal to progressives, older African Americans, and moderate suburban voters.

I think that Democrats have failed to win senate and state races in the Midwest since 2010, so that prevents future presidential candidates that could win.

lol, what strong Republicans are you talking about?  Hawley is a joke, and DeSantis is only relevant because Trump dragged him out of political obscurity. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies