Opinion of the following anti-Bernie Simpsons sketch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:13:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of the following anti-Bernie Simpsons sketch
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ❓ ❔ ❓
Freedom sketch
Horrible sketch
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of the following anti-Bernie Simpsons sketch  (Read 725 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2021, 10:19:35 PM »

Never would I have dreamed that the Simpson would produce an episode where they're lambasting those brutal, criminal, left-wing fascist goons called "Anti"fa. 😂
Take a look at all those butthurt Bernie Bros in the comment section. 🤪
"I disavow that and welcome it." 🤣

From the Simpsons episode "Now Museum, Now You Don’t" (season 32, episode 3), originally aired on October 11, 2020.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »

Where's the joke?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 03:14:56 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 11:15:11 PM by Scott🦋 »

I mean, it's fitting for its audience. The only reason a person would ever like the The Simpsons is a complete lack of taste. Smile
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »

I like the Simpsons, but I don't watch the show much anymore and I didn't get the joke.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:37:25 PM »

Imagine still watching the Simpsons
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 08:47:01 PM »

classic simpsons is the only good simpsons
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 09:53:56 PM »

Marge sounds awful.
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 01:18:38 AM »

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 02:19:37 AM »

I mean, it's fitting for its audience. The only reason a person would ever like the The Simpsons is a complete lack of taste. Smile

I mean, I love Bernie and I share most of his political values, but I deem his Bernie Bros, at most, annoying, and the Antifa is basically Bernie's Sturmstaffel. I'm not saying he approves of all their atrocities, but I wish he would distance himself from the Antifa a little more often and a little more unequivocally.
What's astonishing about that sketch is the fact that Matt Groening and also the Simpsons themselves come from Oregon, the state with the most aggressive and brutal U.S. Antifa division within the whole USA. I perceive that as proof that those left-wing extremist goons arouse widespread resentment even among the citizens of a very left-wing U.S. state
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 03:43:51 PM »

Why is HD Simpsons so god ugly? I'm not being hyperbolic - everything about their art is just vomit inducing.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 04:18:44 PM »

When did The Simpsons start doing terrible Family Guy-style cutaway gags?
LM Brazilian Citizen
100% antiS, 100% Freedom
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -1.91

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 04:27:30 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2021, 08:24:04 PM by Br progressive »

Most fraudulent and disgusting cartoon in TV history. The authors are a bunch of corporate neofascists who always hated the left-wing and intellectuals, a leftist should never support this TV show nowadays, especially after it became Zombie Simpsons, from seasons 9 and 10 onwards, with the showrunners Mike Scully and Al Jean, who destroyed everything. Bernie is a martyr, because he somehow managed to irritate them, with his altruism and common sense for his criticism of corporations (which includes Hollywood), and he is on the side of the American people and less on the side of the greed of neoliberalism/neoconservatism defended by certain people, like the authors of this cartoon, which is nothing more, nothing less than propaganda promoted by the authors who are actually a bunch of College Republicans who exalt hatred against certain groups of people.
LM Brazilian Citizen
100% antiS, 100% Freedom
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 04:37:54 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2021, 08:24:11 PM by Br progressive »

When did The Simpsons start doing terrible Family Guy-style cutaway gags?
1997-1998 onwards when it became Zombie Simpsons and it became extremely unbearable to watch an episode by Flanderization (destruction of the characters) and for making apologies to extremely controversial political figures.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 05:20:32 PM »

classic simpsons is the only good simpsons

Who shot Mr. Burns? was the best Simpsons episode by far ever, even though I'm still disappointed with the solution to the case .
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 10:17:16 PM »

The Simpsons should hang it up, 30 seasons is too long and it's lost all interest
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »

I didn't watch it, but I assume like everything the show's done in the last 20 years it sucks.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 05:40:07 PM »

Ever? Even the average Season 1-10 episode?

The reason it's still going, btw, is said to be down to the franchise still being very profitable.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2021, 06:07:19 PM »

I think you have to be pretty far down the right-wing conspiracy rabbit hole to think that Bernie's more obnoxious social media fans answer to the man himself.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2021, 07:52:10 PM »

Ever? Even the average Season 1-10 episode?

The reason it's still going, btw, is said to be down to the franchise still being very profitable.

Yes. Sorry. Not a Simpsons fan. Don't even care for the early ones.

It's probably one of the most unpopular opinions I have.
Paul Weller
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 08:06:15 PM »

I didn't watch it, but I assume like everything the show's done in the last 20 years it sucks.

I think they should've ended after The Simpsons Movie. They could've gone out on a high note and still beaten the longest-running animated series record by a decade.
LM Brazilian Citizen
100% antiS, 100% Freedom
Brazil

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2021, 04:22:54 PM by ZS is political and cultural imperialism! »

I think they should've ended after The Simpsons Movie. They could've gone out on a high note and still beaten the longest-running animated series record by a decade.

The cartoon should have ended after season 10, in 1999, which added to season 9 have several low quality episodes, with a few still good. But from season 11 onwards it became extremely unbearable to watch (Zombie Simpsons), with very horrible episodes like Saddlesore Galactica, that you put the totally dull gag with Bill Clinton in a video on another thread here on Atlas, for example. Many of the original cartoon writers were gone by that time, and as a consequence the new writers destroyed, distorted and demonized all the characters (Flanderization) to turn them into psychopathic and even more idiots (like Jerkass Homer), for the members of the Simpson family would pass to commit their antics around various countries around the world, and for them to blindly idolize the ultra-capitalist system of high-techs on Silicon Valley and politicians of extremely dubious reputation because they receive too much bribe to distort reality for the benefit of corporations.

Add to the fact that the film has a good theme (environment and criticism of the Bush 43 government), but they made a super crazy cartoon plot of the family fleeing the city with with the same idiocy of the characters that I said above, with all the smug and retarded side that the new writers put on them in Zombie Simpsons, instead of focusing on satire. Only the Spider Pig and Bart naked on skateboard jokes worked well (Spider Pig worked well thanks to the late Sam Simon, who left the cartoon team in 1993 and returned to the film).

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies