2020 if Donald Trump went ultra-woke
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 if Donald Trump went ultra-woke
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 if Donald Trump went ultra-woke  (Read 514 times)
Pink Panther

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 23, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »

This scenario is absurd, but what would happen if Trump randomly changed his opinions to try and be hip and cool with young people(it's stupid, yes, but let's roll with it). He not only proproses stuff such as the GND and M4A, but proprose laws such as cutting funding to the police, eventually abolishing Capitalism, gender and sexuality equality, critical race and sexuality theory, and cracking down on rapists, homophobes, racists, etc., and promote the 1619 project, among other things. The Dem Nominee is Vermin Supreme. Would Trump hold most of his base?

Discuss with maps.
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 01:28:25 AM »

I remember there was a fair amount of Biden criticism from the left by people who expressed relatively favorable opinions of 45. Don’t remember how much Trump himself attacked Biden from the left.

This is one of a handful of timelines where I can actually see voters aged 25-29 breaking 43% for Trump. I guess we’ll never know how Edison came up with that age crosstab.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 02:52:39 PM »

This scenario is absurd, but what would happen if Trump randomly changed his opinions to try and be hip and cool with young people(it's stupid, yes, but let's roll with it). He not only proproses stuff such as the GND and M4A, but propose laws such as cutting funding to the police, eventually abolishing Capitalism, gender and sexuality equality, critical race and sexuality theory, and cracking down on rapists, homophobes, racists, etc., and promote the 1619 project, among other things. The Dem Nominee is Vermin Supreme. Would Trump hold most of his base?

These scenarios are ridiculous, but how badly it would affect him would depend on when he did it. If he did it in 2016 he would be considered a fraud who lied to the American people. From 2017 onwards it would suggest some bizarre mental decline and he wouldn't be the candidate. If he did it in 2020 having been made the nominee I don't know what would happen. It would also depend on whether his demeanour changed.

I'm completely ignoring the Vermin Supreme aspect because I'm only assessing the 2020 Presidential Election.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 03:26:40 PM »

If it happened in 2016, he would have been seen as a sleeper liberal and possibly pulled from the ticket by the GOP. Something nothing else, of course, could do. Hillary would have won easily regardless.

If it happened in 2020, the cult would be so strong and fanatical that don’t be surprised if the MAGAts start pretending they were “woke” all along. The most woke people in history, ever. Sorry if that triggers you, libtards.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies